What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs NZ

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
This. Either Brown or Peachey will match his imput and some. Taylor's not the best with ball in hand but can make 40-50 tackles and throw the odd pass. He should always be our lock

Taylor is very underwhelming out wide. No real threat at all. He is a lock or nothing, IMO. So that leaves Docker in the cold, as he is...and let's put this in terms we can all understand....simply not as good as Taylor at lock.

He is next to useless off the bench, so essentially, Docker's role should be injury cover, with instructions to improve certain aspects of his game in NSW Cup.

I mean, we could have Peachy starting and then Plum, Latimore, Grant, Brown on the bench, couldn't we? But for some reason no-one here really discusses the treatment of Grant.

chrisD

Coach
Said everything there is to say about Grant. He'll continue to play NSW cup and Plum will continue to get thrown on his back and be made to look like a turtle every second hit up, and that will be that.

betcats

Referee
Why do you always get so upset when people on here disagree with a Cleary selection? Did you feel this way when people were asking for Kingston to be left out, and we had to wait for him to be injured for it to happen?

I dont get upset about that, i disagree with some of his selections most weeks. It annoys me when people exagerrate a bad performance or bad form of another player to make their desperation to see Bryce or Dallin or whoever the next big star is gonna be play FG seem more legit.

Im just calling it how I see it bra I dont see what the problem is with what I said.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Taylor is very underwhelming out wide. No real threat at all. He is a lock or nothing, IMO. So that leaves Docker in the cold, as he is...and let's put this in terms we can all understand....simply not as good as Taylor at lock.

He is next to useless off the bench, so essentially, Docker's role should be injury cover, with instructions to improve certain aspects of his game in NSW Cup.

I mean, we could have Peachy starting and then Plum, Latimore, Grant, Brown on the bench, couldn't we? But for some reason no-one here really discusses the treatment of Grant.

Docker is still young just needs something with the ball in hand Offload/Passing game something. If he does that he maybe an option in the backrow at the moment no.

I have said plenty about Grant. I have also said he will not play 1st grade while the 4 props we have now are fit. He and the coach don't talk

Doomednow

Bench
Cartwright is already on par with Peach with the ball and can win us games singlehandedly, Soward and Wallace aren't the most creative so we need that

Are we watching the same games? Cartwright can win us games single-handedly? He has promise but come on.

I feel like I've woken up and everyone has been inducted into a cult.

betcats

Referee
Hope Wallace can get back to his early form, he has been underwhelming in recent weeks, and I'm looking forward to see how taylor goes against his former club, not the same as Sowie playing the Dragons but im sure there is some extra motivation there.

betcats

Referee
Are we watching the same games? Cartwright can win us games single-handedly? He has promise but come on.

I dont think it is a massive stretch to say he has match winning ability but after a couple of 20-30 minute stints some of us are getting carried away.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hope Wallace can get back to his early form, he has been underwhelming in recent weeks, and I'm looking forward to see how taylor goes against his former club, not the same as Sowie playing the Dragons but im sure there is some extra motivation there.

This is the Wallace we signed. This is what I expected. Atleast he can defend and has a handy kick

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont think it is a massive stretch to say he has match winning ability but after a couple of 20-30 minute stints some of us are getting carried away.

So you missed his offload that set up the final try last week then? Sure he probably can't do it on a regular basis but he showed enough already.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I have said plenty about Grant. I have also said he will not play 1st grade while the 4 props we have now are fit. He and the coach don't talk

Yeah, I was referring mainly to those who back everything Cleary does to the hilt and get huffy should people complain about a team selection.

martielang

Bench
Kiwipete, you seem to be on top of NSW Cup. How has VTK been going? His injuries seemed to have hampered any development this year but the couple of games I have seen of him, he still seems to have potential/ability to play first grade in the next 12 months.

kiwipete

Juniors
It's a bugger when you've got so many players of first grade standard people are arguing about who plays in the top side. It's called depth. Just what we've been trying to achieve.

Having said that and with the depth we have, I'd personally let Docker come back in the reggies, and I'd leave Cartwright there for a few weeks too.

Hallelujah!! How great is we can have a discussion about who should be in our top 17 and be talking about 20 different players?? Love it, as you stated Frog, it's about finally having the depth we've been longing for.None of the players mentioned in this forum will let us down and yes, they all have strengths and weaknesses. No-one is getting picked and trying to have a poor game.Whether it be Docker, Cartwright, TG, Anderson or BMM I'm rapt that we aren't talking about next season like we have had to at this stage in other years. Bring on the finals!!

betcats

Referee
So you missed his offload that set up the final try last week then? Sure he probably can't do it on a regular basis but he showed enough already.

That offload won us the game single handledly did it? It was a great touch and I praised him for laying the try on but there was a great pass form Yeo and a good support play from Soward and Mansour in that move.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

I'm ambivalent about Cartwright in FG - as long as he is getting game time NSW Cup for now, I'm happy with that (As people have said, he needs game time to work on issues in his game, and in terms of defense, you need big minutes because defense will fall away as you tire; constantly giving him 15-20 minutes in FG won't do much if defense is his issue).

My only complaint is Docker being in the starting line up at all. Start Peachey, put Grant/Robinson/BMM/Cartwright/whoever on the bench.

franklin2323

Immortal
That offload won us the game single handledly did it? It was a great touch and I praised him for laying the try on but there was a great pass form Yeo and a good support play from Soward and Mansour in that move.

We don't score that try we lose. No one we have can offload, As no one in the pack (Or even the backs) have Peachey's speed. All these things help our attack out and we need as many of these players in the team as we can

betcats

Referee
We don't score that try we lose. No one we have can offload, As no one in the pack (Or even the backs) have Peachey's speed. All these things help our attack out and we need as many of these players in the team as we can

So you think Bryce making that offload was him single handedly winning us the game? I find that very silly. Bryce single handedly winning the game relied heavily on Yeo to make a good offload as he was being tackled around the legs and going down and Soward and Mansour to be able to finish from there.

Like I said he has some match winning ability with that offload and his other skills but to say he is single handedly winning games for us is getting very carried away IMO.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
He sure contributed more in his limited minutes than Docker's net negative effort against the Titans.

franklin2323

Immortal
So you think Bryce making that offload was him single handedly winning us the game? I find that very silly. Bryce single handedly winning the game relied heavily on Yeo to make a good offload as he was being tackled around the legs and going down and Soward and Mansour to be able to finish from there.

Like I said he has some match winning ability with that offload and his other skills but to say he is single handedly winning games for us is getting very carried away IMO.

In that case no try be scored singlehandly. As they all have passes and or kicks leading to them. We are more likely going to score from Kicks if Soward kicks rather then Kite. So we play Soward at 6. Same in this case

betcats

Referee
In that case no try be scored singlehandly. As they all have passes and or kicks leading to them. We are more likely going to score from Kicks if Soward kicks rather then Kite. So we play Soward at 6. Same in this case

Im not saying he cant create ffs I just said twice he has match winning ability and ive seen plenty of tries with no passes or kicks your just being stupid now.

Jarryd Hayne in 09 was single handedly winning games, there is a big difference between that and setting up 1 try even if it was the winner and to be honest still needed some very good work from Yeo before it was a try. After Bryce offloads there are two more offloads and 50m traveled before the try is scored.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Sounds like you're happy with Yeo being in the team. Why don't you like others hoping for Cartwright to get a similar run?