What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Titans

Dragon David

First Grade
Ex St George player, you'd think he would give us an even break. Seems to be a trend these days with him joining the likes of ex-Dragons Mark Gasnier, Ennis, Tallis and others who seem to enjoy giving it to us.
Perenara was not wanted by the Dragons so as a result he gives us a hard time when he referees our games.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Ex St George player, you'd think he would give us an even break. Seems to be a trend these days with him joining the likes of ex-Dragons Mark Gasnier, Ennis, Tallis and others who seem to enjoy giving it to us.
Mark Gasnier is known in other league communities for being way too pro dragons in his commentary. Some here are just too sensitive to the bits he throws in for the sake of "balance"

ALSGI

Bench
Interested to see how Titans 30yo Hooker goes tonight with Peats out. Why did we let Rein go again?

And next week v Cowboys, what happened to that guy we let go to play hooker up there?

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons turn to rookie to get best of Hunt
  • NRL
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

St George Illawarra's Ben Hunt may have his minutes reduced to get more out of his game.

• St George Illawarra coach Dean Young is on a mission to get the best out of Ben Hunt and a four-game NRL hooker could be key.

Billy Brittain has played just two games with the Dragons - since arriving from South Sydney this year - and has been added to the bench to play Gold Coast on Friday.

While a big fan of the 26-year-old, Young's theory is Hunt needs to be spelled rather than play 80 minutes in the middle at hooker - which is where Brittain comes in.

"It's not easy in the middle when you're the size of Cam McInnes or Hunty and you've got 115kg bodies running at you for 80 minutes, it takes its toll on you," Young said on Thursday.

"If we can find Hunty a spell we can get even better footy out of him.

"He's playing some good footy at the moment but I think that'll even improve if we can find him a spell."

Brittain made his NRL debut for the Rabbitohs last season but played only the first two rounds for the Dragons in 20-minute stints from the bench.

He originally arrived on a four-week train and trial deal but he was so impressive the club signed him until the end of next year.

Young's theory is they may as well use him.

"He's everything I love in a player, he rocks up to work every day, he rips into his training and competes hard," Young said.

"I want to give Hunty a spell at some stage so Billy's earned the right through his training to come onto the interchange bench and show me what he's got."

It comes as Young makes it clear he's not giving away spots in the team to blood players for next year when there's still a mathematical chance they can play finals in 2020.

"At this present time I'll be picking the best available team to go out and win the game, I won't be looking towards the future," he said.

"Down the track my thoughts on that might change but mathematically we can still make the finals so I'll be picking the side that's going to do the job and give us the best chance for a win."

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...s-turn-to-rookie-to-get-best-of-hunt/?cs=7486

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Had this strange feeling in my belly the other day..

I was worried it may be gastro or a tummy bug..

It was a feeling I haven’t felt in ages..

But then I realised, it was a feeling of excitement & anticipation.

It was the middle of the week, but here I was actually looking forward to seeing the dragons play..

The Marynisthetic has worn off..

Let’s do this!

Dragon David

First Grade

It was the middle of the week, but here I was actually looking forward to seeing the dragons play..

Let’s do this!
Yes, I agree - not so much about funny tummy feelings, but with the changing of the guard and some positiveness coming out of it, I'm looking forward to us playing again.

So, a win for us tonight by 12.

Mark Gasnier is known in other league communities for being way too pro dragons in his commentary. Some here are just too sensitive to the bits he throws in for the sake of "balance"
I think the Dragons commentator bias is not real.
Commentators express their opinions and during games get carried away with the emotion of the moment.
They're not always right but usually they are - that's their job.
If anything, when we were serving up crap every week, they were incredibly polite and gave McGregor too much latitude.
Blocker always tries to be positive about the way we play and is actually one of my favourite commentators.
Old school, knowledgeable and forthright.

SBD82

Coach
Commentators express their opinions and during games get carried away with the emotion of the moment.
If anything, when we were serving up crap every week, they were incredibly polite and gave McGregor too much latitude.
Blocker always tries to be positive about the way we play and is actually one of my favourite commentators.
Brandy definitely hates us. And does a terrible job of hiding it.

Maybe Linnane should have finished the job. As the old Scottish saying goes: “if you’re going to get hung for stealing a sheep, you might as well shag it”.

Como Connection

First Grade
Blocker always calls us "The Saints".
CC

HenryTatana

Juniors

Let’s do this!
I even logged onto Ticketek about 20 minutes ago to see whether there were any tickets for sale. The game doesn't even appear, though the Scums game tomorrow at Kogarah does.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Like to see Clune just ‘up it’ a bit tonight; he’s been going really well; given us some good direction, structure and has a good kicking game, but I’d just love to see a little more in attack, and see him take the line on himself a bit more. He’s been there a while now and would be feeling somewhat settled, so hopefully he keeps building and maybe take just a few more chances...

redv13

Bench
Need to be switched on from the start. At home, got the wood on them BUT Fogarty and Brimson could do some damage if we stand and wait for them defensively. I have a feeling we will make life very tough for ourselves tonight, probably scratch out an uninspiring win with a few heart attacks along the way. Dragons footy 101

SAP58

Juniors

Let’s do this!
Totally agree I am looking forward to watching games again also. GO THE MIGHTIES !

RedVDave

First Grade
Perenara was not wanted by the Dragons so as a result he gives us a hard time when he referees our games.

That's not the case the reality is he just sucks as a referee.

He also played for Parramatta, Cronulla, Warriors and Melbourne.

Latest posts