What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 thread (Tigers @ Telstra Stadium)

choc_soldier

Coach
TIGERS v PANTHERS, Telstra Stadium, Friday 6 July. 7:30pm

Something will happen this Friday night. Probably another loss... anyway, I'll finish here before I descend this forum further into the depths of depression... :lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
Tigers by 13.

Panthers will look the more dangerous team. We will look like we're one play from ripping them to bits. But we will fail to do anything with 90% of our opportunities, and f*ck it up again.

We saw what we're capable of when our attack sticks. That Jennings try is one of the best tries this year. Just phenomenal work. But we screw up the easy things. We knock on early in tackle counts. Force the stupid pass. etc. which end up costing us.

I just hope we stick with Daniela, Jennings and Pritchard working together. They're the best part of watching a Panthers game. They make our team look half decent.

Asbestos Boy

Juniors
choc_soldier said:
TIGERS v PANTHERS, Telstra Stadium, Friday 6 July. 7:30pm

Something will happen this Friday night. Probably another loss... anyway, I'll finish here before I descend this forum further into the depths of depression... :lol:

i dissagree i think penrith will hammer he tiger hopefully we will win after a horrible game against brissy on saturday night

Fibroman

First Grade
Panthers can certainly win this one. Richie Williams needs to be elevated to the side and get rid of o'Halloran, and give Bob Blair another shot if he is fit.

EzyG

Juniors
http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=503

Jul 03 - Here is the Penrith squad for the game against the Tigers at Telstra on Friday night (7.30pm kick-off):

1. Richie Williams, 2. Geoff Daniela, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Nick Youngquest, 6. Brett Firman, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Keith Peters, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Nathan Smith. Interchange (from): 14. Tim Grant, 15. Junior Moors, 16. Bryan Norrie, 17. Peter Wallace, 20. Matthew Adamson.*

Note: numbering is correct.

(Other sides will be up later)

Fibroman

First Grade
Does anyone know if Aiton is injured?

There is no way I would have Peters in front of Aiton and Priddis.

Good to see Norrie in the squad. He has earned another shot in FG with some solid performances in PL.

Adamson has got to be joking.

The Tank

Bench
Fibroman said:
Does anyone know if Aiton is injured?

There is no way I would have Peters in front of Aiton and Priddis.

Good to see Norrie in the squad. He has earned another shot in FG with some solid performances in PL.

Adamson has got to be joking.

Aiton is named as PL hooker.

Adamson! WTF?:oops:

Caged Panther

First Grade
choc_soldier said:
Matt Adamson... :lol:

The transition to a circus is now complete.

maybe but if he gets a run and shows up some of the players that have been in the game for the years his been retired it will just show what a circus we were before his inclusion.

mxlegend99

Referee
Why is everyone so against Adamson being given a chance?

Our forward pack lacks any leadership.... Tony Puletua and Frank Pritchard are capable of so much more then what we see each week, and if it takes a retired player to fire them up... i'm all for it. Adamson has the right attitude.

At any rate... he should be able to do as much work as T usually does. And do a far better job then nuffies like Mark O'Halloran. It's his body that's on the line.

Adamson is a nuffie..Seen him the other day down the shops and he looked like he was limping..Forget about buying another big name player with our left over salary cap funds..We will need it all to purchase the strapping and WD40 just to get Adamson out on to the field!

Kilkenny

Coach
Norrie should be on our interchange bench for the remainder of the season. This guy is a standout each week in PL and deserves an extended run in the top grade. He needs to be given at least forty minutes on field and he will prove his value. Sure he will never be a rep standard forward but is very dependable, hard working and will do a job better than some who have been given an opportunity.

Kilkenny

Coach
Big Mick © said:
agreed mate...like Stapleton

I would welcome Craig Stapleton back to this club in a heartbeat and be more than happy for our administators to provide him with a contract consumate with his true value. $150,000K a season and it would be money well spent.

choc_soldier

Coach
Stapleton was one of our best last year. Very reliable.

I still can't believe we didn't have the money to retain him. He was earning the minimum wage when he was at Penrith - $100K would have been enough to stay, I think.

Fibroman

First Grade
We need the likes of Stapleton in our pack. Not only was he tough as nails and reliable as clockwork on the paddock, but a real nice bloke off the field too. His young bloke played in the same side as my little fella. He turned up to all the games and was one of nature's gentlemen.

EzyG

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22023506-5006066,00.html

TONIGHT'S match at Telstra Stadium between the Panthers and the Tigers may not just see scoring on the field.(ooh yeah)

The West Tigers have organised a singles night in association with online dating service RSVP, giving their unattached fans a chance to do some groundwork at a location they feel most comfortable - the football.

For those who believe the hardest part of looking for love is making the move, the on-field action will provide the perfect conversation starter.

And the party atmosphere is a near certainty, with the club extending an invitation for up to 20 sailors from the USS Kitty Hawk to attend.

Sadly for the ladies, Wests Tigers bachelors Robbie Farah and Paul Whatuira will be too busy trying to win the match than win a heart.

There are just three requirements in this looking for love event- you must be over 18, currently single and love your footy.

Latest posts