What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - v Dolphins

denis preston

First Grade
We lost all the 50/50s in the 1st half.. couple of square ups was appreciated.

One thing I saw today was Toby has his arms free to offload 'a lot', now opposition coaches will probably notice that too.. but we need to get into the mindset of supporting that.. was all panicked when he did it today.. throw in Ryan Couchman who will do the same thing given the opportunity.

I do wish we closed games out though, I get so cranky when we go playing party football when we have a solid lead.. put in a good set and kick to the corner.. soak up time, play smart.. if we jag a try great but dont give oppositions the ball back so cheaply.. or risk intercept tries.. its self-sabotage.. we just dont have footy smarts.. the games we win.. its always by a lot.. but we need to practice how to stay in tight ones.
With added upper body strength that will come, the twins offloads will be a great feature of their game . Nothing like second phase play.

56to66

Juniors
Bennett’s Dolphins 2024 now looking similar to Bennett’s Dragons of 2011.
I have the opinion that if Mr W Bennett had extended his contract until the end of 2013, I believe St George would have won the 2011 Premiership.
The football club and players were absolutely in free fall.
Good Luck to rabbits in signing a worn out engine, but hey Wayne should run for the next American presidency, better than Jo,I reckon he would do a great job, particularly for the mid west!

Last edited:

be55

Juniors
Good win by the team. I thought Su'a was outstanding. Great to see him bounce back from a poor game on Wednesday night. There is still plenty to work on, especially with attack in good ball areas. I'd love to see them set up with Sloan out the back of shape more, and take advantage of that speed across the ground that he has, to get to the edges quicker. Hunt is far too dominant and is always looking to play flat at the line, even if it means hitting runners that have nowhere to go.

All that aside, far and away the best thing for me at the moment is the obvious high spirit within the team. The constant celebration of each other's individual efforts during the game and the geeing up when a try is scored is great to see. They are really playing for each other, and that is half the battle.

Like him or not, you have to give big credit to the coach for this aspect of the team environment at the moment.

Great to see the team win. Up the Dragons...

maestro1

Bench
Good win by the team. I thought Su'a was outstanding. Great to see him bounce back from a poor game on Wednesday night. There is still plenty to work on, especially with attack in good ball areas. I'd love to see them set up with Sloan out the back of shape more, and take advantage of that speed across the ground that he has, to get to the edges quicker. Hunt is far too dominant and is always looking to play flat at the line, even if it means hitting runners that have nowhere to go.

All that aside, far and away the best thing for me at the moment is the obvious high spirit within the team. The constant celebration of each other's individual efforts during the game and the geeing up when a try is scored is great to see. They are really playing for each other, and that is half the battle.

Like him or not, you have to give big credit to the coach for this aspect of the team environment at the moment.

Great to see the team win. Up the Dragons...
Sloan should be sniffing around the breaks from dummy half. Liddle, RFM, Luch and Couchman were looking for runners when they made breaks/runs through the middle. Sloan would have bagged two or three off these blokes

Latest posts