What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 v Titans

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Good win by the boys. Great games by Seg, Thighe, whare and Plum. Poor Matt Moylan will be having more bombs drop on him at training this week than we're dropped on Dresden in wwII. Bring on the Eels.

How the f**k has Tighe got so good all of a sudden ?
A rock in defense and looked like breaking the line every time he touched it.
complete opposite of what we have seen in the past

I think a lot of it is competition for spots.

We actually have some options now.

Same goes for newton whosy been pretty good the last 2 weeks.

These guys are playing for their futures.

Great Effort
Tighe and Roberts and Whare where outstanding
Simmons usual steady self
Not sure where this sort of effort leaves Mansour - he will certainly need to do something special at Windsor to get back in with the boys playing as good as last night.
Altho I bet Mansours cheer squad will find a way to bag poor old simmo in the vain hope the chosen one gets his spot back.
Cant wait to here it -

Gee , these posts aren't getting old from you at all. :sarcasm:

Who has suggested Simmons gets dropped ? Ffs.

Anyway its an easy one for me , Roberts to the centres and mansour to the wing. Tighe makes way.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I am not a big fan of Brad Tighe but if that was the first time I had ever seen him play, I would be thinking how good is this bloke, we need to hang on to him!!! And Luke Walsh, his first try for the season because he actually ran the ball for once. If he would take on the line like that more often , I reckon he would be our half back for the next 5 years. And last night was our first real glimpse of what James Roberts is capable of so hopefully he can stay fit and focused while we move into the top 8. Plum, Seg, Whare and Simmons all had great games too.

franklin2323

Immortal
On Tighe. To be fair defence is his problem. He hasnt been tested that much yet. On Moylan its the 1st game north playing in 30 degrees in July would take some getting used to.

mxlegend99

Referee
Almost everyone was on their game last night. Of all the players to be off, it was one of the blokes you would least expect it from. But we know that those games are going to be rare. Moylan is typically as safe as any player at the back, and one of his knock-ons clearly went back anyway.

If these type of games crept in and because a regular thing, I would be worried. But I doubt we will see another game like that from him in a long time. The best part of the game for me was seeing James Roberts start to deliver on his potential. The try where he lept for it to score was unreal... I thought the kick was shit and wasted as there was no one close to being able to get to it... then out of nowhere he is in frame and plucking the ball out of the air. Awesome speed to get there... without even looking at the skill required to take it out of the air at that pace. I would like to see him get some time at centre though. Since it was where he was planned to play this season, and I think we're best off moving him around this season to see where we should use him next year. We just need him to play a bit of fullback (with Moylan moving into the halves for a bit hopefully) and centre (just swap him and Tighe). If we can get him in the position that best uses his speed and skills, we can work around that quiet easily next season. Personally I'm hoping he fits into centre, as we have just not been able to have a settled centre pairing since we had Girdler and Whatuira. Plus we have plenty of competition for the wing spots.

Doomednow

Bench
How the f**k has Tighe got so good all of a sudden ?
A rock in defense and looked like breaking the line every time he touched it.
complete opposite of what we have seen in the past

I think a lot of it is attitude. When he was a regular we still had the old team members in there and it seemed like the team attitude as a whole was completely different. Now we look like winners. In his early days he was pretty good as well, lots of speed.

And Luke Walsh, his first try for the season because he actually ran the ball for once. If he would take on the line like that more often , I reckon he would be our half back for the next 5 years.

I love Luke when he's on his game, and this year he's definitely had a couple of quality performances. The reason he can be good when he runs is because no one expects him to run, I suspect. When he has the ball the defense is already looking elsewhere, so when he decides to run it instead everyone is just sort of thinking "What the f**k just happened?"

maple_69

Bench
Shame he rarely runs it because he so often breaks the line when he does. He has a great turn of speed and good step. If he could do that a couple times a game even it'd make our attack so much harder to defend.

In saying that, god we scored some slick tries last night. We're actually becoming a very attractive team to watch again.

meek

Juniors
Gee , these posts aren't getting old from you at all. :sarcasm:

Who has suggested Simmons gets dropped ? Ffs.

Anyway its an easy one for me , Roberts to the centres and mansour to the wing. Tighe makes way.

Nobody had buddy - just preempting the envitable

I gather you don't think the Mansour fan club on here are a little over the top with there admiration of the guy in nearly every topic on here recently ?
That im afraid is what's a little boring

Anyhow has been pointed out before - every-ones entitled to an opinion
So NO more Mansour postings from me
over and out

Nobody had buddy - just preempting the envitable

I gather you don't think the Mansour fan club on here are a little over the top with there admiration of the guy in nearly every topic on here recently ?
That im afraid is what's a little boring

Anyhow has been pointed out before - every-ones entitled to an opinion
So NO more Mansour postings from me
over and out

I think you'll find the reason mansour is liked by some is because he was one of our best in a poor team last year and early this year.

You can judge a player much better when the chips are down.

Someone who stands up and plays well in a losing team is deserving of more respect than a player that is made to look better by a winning side.

And if it was inevitable someone would have down so before. Virtually everyone I've seen has been full of praise for Simmons. Luckily there are two wing spots available.

Last edited:

TeamSatan

Juniors
Teamwork...No ego's and a basic gameplan that plays to the team strengths.

What is perhaps overlooked is the hurt our guys have in defence.
Plumm and Docker especially. Many times you can see opposing players double over after they have been tackled. Later you can see the hesitation they have in hitting it up.
Perhaps Plumm should change headgear for the second half to fool them because many change direction when they see him in front at the line.

However we still lack a class gamebreaker type player... But they are on the horizon in our lower grades.

maple_69

Bench
Roberts could be the guy for the time being if he can stay on the park.
Got to say, since his move to centre, Whare has been every bit as good as I was hoping he would be.

Makes such an enormous difference when you have halves and centres getting ball to the wingers. Most of our tries this year have been through the hands and on the edges.

Pomoz

Bench
Teamwork...No ego's and a basic gameplan that plays to the team strengths.

What is perhaps overlooked is the hurt our guys have in defence.
Plumm and Docker especially. Many times you can see opposing players double over after they have been tackled. Later you can see the hesitation they have in hitting it up.
Perhaps Plumm should change headgear for the second half to fool them because many change direction when they see him in front at the line.

However we still lack a class gamebreaker type player... But they are on the horizon in our lower grades.
I made a similar comment in the Pride Forum. We get our shoulders into tackles. And not just the obvious big hitters (Whare, Plum, Docker). Across the team, we have improved our defence. Against the Titans we kept hitting them hard and by half time, the Titans were out on their feet. our defence sucks the juice out of the opposition and long may it continue!