What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

Dragon David

First Grade
Will we be able to reverse the embarrassing Anzac Day debacle and play as a team and beat these rorters next week remembering that Moses Suli was forced out of the game after the head clash with JWH in the first minute of play?

Special attention to be given to Walker and Keary and standing up to the likes of JWH, Crichton, Whyte, Teddy, Butcher and Young.

Fire up Dragons.

TheRev

First Grade
Not sure if you watched their game yesterday, but the Roosters attack is on fire currently.. origin level stuff.. teddys tap on try gives me nightmares... and defensively I mean 1 tigers try on fulltime is all they let in also..

We dont seem good enough to maintain our top energy level for 2 weeks straight... which is fine.. I dont know how many times Flanno can keep revving us to get up for both halves of football matches... so maybe this is just a down week... but the pressure is off after that great win.. we can let our hair down, we are underdogs.. and if we even go close to beating them it'll be very impressive indeed.

Dragons are overachieving but not in the way they did March - May under some other coaches. Back then we played a power game and took advantage of better teams who were slow to get warmed up early in the year. The whole thing was a mirage and created a false perception of how good a team we were.

Flanagan’s Dragons have worked their way into it and could give most teams a run in their day if the attitude is there and we can get a fair ref. He is making the most of his available players, and yes these players are bound to slip up often.

Make no mistake, if we don’t get this round of recruitment correct - replace Lomax with a gun, find a damaging prop etc we will eventually stagnate in such a tough competition. If that happens we will only be relying on those sub 20 year olds coming through which will mean we just bide our time again. If we can get elite players right now and then see those new juniors come through we will be in the mix in a year’s time.

Parko1310

Juniors
We struggle to get up for games two weeks in a row, its part of the mental fragility that still needs weeding out of the club. Too many who pat themselves on the back. Sele returning will be good, so long as its Lawrie who makes way. I think Flano needs to lean into the ANZAC Day debacle this week. It's the only way I can see them fired up enough to stay competitive and give them a chance to win. They need to claw at least one unexpected victory back after losing to Manly, probably two unexpected ones along the way to be honest, if they want to be any chance of finals

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Roosters have a line up that would challenge a SOO team, yet somehow remaining within the salary cap, and they are in red hot form too, at home and in front of their 74 team. Its going to be tough, hopefully we can put in, get a break or two from the ref and make a game of it without damaging our mental state too much.

Dragon David

First Grade
Imo Sele should have to come back via NSW cup. He needs to prove he's over the injuries. Lomax for Feagai & R. Couchman for Lawrie. Bird can come back via NSW cup too.
Sele definitely needs a run in reserves. He has been out injured for a significant period after he came to us, bringing an injury with him. He is just a guy that probably is now injury prone. I bet that he gets injured again when he next plays which would not be good. Lawrie and Bird should also play reserves.