What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

56to66

Juniors
Those two players you mentioned maestro are the ones we definitely have to be controlling. Both their kicking games are spot on and their long passes to their wingers in Young and Tupou have to be watched and countered. JWH will do everything in his power to unsettle our forwards and my feeling is that their game plan will be to do things much the same as they did on Anzac Day. Flanno, Carr and Young will have to study the video of that game extremely closely to see how they thrashed us and work out a plan to beat them.
Stop that ridiculous 6 again ruling, could be one way to stop those FN Brown Paper Bag Eastern Suburb Rorters, OK Ref!
I cannot stand that Cheating Club!

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
We made too many mistakes for some easy tries to the Roosters on Anzac Day. They kept going with the momentum of our lack of correcting our defensive lines and the kicks made by Walker and Keary not covered. Fix those up and we will have a much tighter game.

JWH is the man who loves playing us. His high shots could be his downfall on Sunday.

Walker is the key. His goal kicking success rate is high so fewer tries and fewer penalties please boys plus his deft kicks can be tricky so be on guard.

Keep doing things in fast motion guys. Be strong and resilient and resolute and for heavens sake keep mistakes to the bare minimum.
JWH doesn't do high shots. Has hardly ever been suspended so he mustn't do them. Oh, that's right, he just keeps getting fined.....😡

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The problem with playing well coached teams like the Chooks is having Hunt makes Saints easy to defend. He offers no threat. Saints beat Panthers thanks to some unpredictability in having no Ben Hunt.

Plus Hunt, Lomax and Sua will have their eye on playing Origin like they did in the game against Manly so I am not expecting much from those 3. That Manly game still annoys me seeing they were down to 13 men and Saints played like garbage only for Manly to get easily beaten the next game. This game is the one that will define the season and make Saints miss out in finals.

I hate the origin period big time because of these games especially. The ones before the teams are announced as you cannot help but feel that the players that are certainties to get picked don't put in. I would rather Saints have a bye this round than the ones during origin or after the SOO game.

jeffdragon

Bench
The problem with playing well coached teams like the Chooks is having Hunt makes Saints easy to defend. He offers no threat. Saints beat Panthers thanks to some unpredictability in having no Ben Hunt.

Plus Hunt, Lomax and Sua will have their eye on playing Origin like they did in the game against Manly so I am not expecting much from those 3. That Manly game still annoys me seeing they were down to 13 men and Saints played like garbage only for Manly to get easily beaten the next game. This game is the one that will define the season and make Saints miss out in finals.

I hate the origin period big time because of these games especially. The ones before the teams are announced as you cannot help but feel that the players that are certainties to get picked don't put in. I would rather Saints have a bye this round than the ones during origin or after the SOO game.
To he honest i dont really care who wins origin.
Club first by a country mile for me.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Clubs pay their salaries not the State or Country reps. The clubs should get 100% of your focus.

This is why the SOO should be played at the end or beginning of the season. If during the season, make it between round 4-10 not the middle part of the season when wins are more important to making finals. It is common sense really which the NRL simply don't have.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Roosters will be all fired up with guns blazing and their cockatooing heard throughout the Eastern Suburbs on Sunday. The games have gone past the halfway mark well and truly and the teams that are already in the top 6 will be putting in to maintain and/or improve their positions in that zone.

We have our pride to consider after the thrashing the Roosters gave us in April. Any blow out score will add to us being further embarrassed and affect our chances of finishing the comp in the top 8. We will have to treat this game as a final and if we can beat this well organised club it will do our confidence the world of good.

Fire up Dragons so that the chickens will be roasted to perfection.

Harry Bath

Juniors
The Roosters will be all fired up with guns blazing and their cockatooing heard throughout the Eastern Suburbs on Sunday. The games have gone past the halfway mark well and truly and the teams that are already in the top 6 will be putting in to maintain and/or improve their positions in that zone.

We have our pride to consider after the thrashing the Roosters gave us in April. Any blow out score will add to us being further embarrassed and affect our chances of finishing the comp in the top 8. We will have to treat this game as a final and if we can beat this well organised club it will do our confidence the world of good.

Fire up Dragons so that the chickens will be roasted to perfection.
If Dragons can beat the Roosters in this game they will make the 8, it will be the biggest upset this year if it does happen though Dragons paying over 4 bucks in a 2 horse race.

justadragon

Bench
Clubs pay their salaries not the State or Country reps. The clubs should get 100% of your focus.

This is why the SOO should be played at the end or beginning of the season. If during the season, make it between round 4-10 not the middle part of the season when wins are more important to making finals. It is common sense really which the NRL simply don't have.
I agree with you Slip, but it should be at the end, if playing the start and they get injured you lose your best players for possibly the season, not good.

Last edited:
Never been one to seriously promote conspiracy theories but the way JWH seems covered in Teflon when it comes to NRL accountability for foul play totally sucks.

But what really got me believing there are different rules for the Roosters was Angus Crichton.

Shitty/Vile rumours are always called out – Think Mark Geyer’s daughter, think Roosters squealing about rumoured drug taking on a fan day only 6 weeks ago.

When Angus Crichton returned from the world cup via Europe, in the company of some very high-profile NRL player company last year, it was rumoured that they partook in some Psychedelic drugs and that that aggravated Angus's bipolar disorder.

Never heard this addressed by the club, the NRL, not one journo nor Angus himself.

If it’s false, why wouldn’t you defend your player or yourself?
If its true, why wasn’t it investigated?

Smacks of an NRL sanctioned cover up.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
I'm not expecting much out of this game TBH, although I would like our so called marquee halfback to stop getting owned by rookie halves who are on half his pay packet. If leadership was ever needed it will be this game. Memo to Ben Hunt, stop sooking on, rally the troops, have your A game kick wise. Although I'm not expecting a win by no means I will be pissed off if I have to endure another day like ANZAC day, lest we forget !!!

I'm not expecting much out of this game TBH, although I would like our so called marquee halfback to stop getting owned by rookie halves who are on half his pay packet. If leadership was ever needed it will be this game. Memo to Ben Hunt, stop sooking on, rally the troops, have your A game kick wise. Although I'm not expecting a win by no means I will be pissed off if I have to endure another day like ANZAC day, lest we forget !!!
Memo to Liddle from Flanno

Hey Jacob, stop giving the 4th & 5th ball exclusively to that self-important f**k-knuckle who couldn’t manage a game of ‘tiddly winks’- Give it to Kyle and let Hunt focus on his running game.

As for last game, "BEST we forget"
But we won't!