What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

Dragon David

First Grade
Ok, MA Noble myself -12yo. One of our greatest upset wins. Big Henry kept knocking them over from halfway.
Yes I was there also. We won 8-5 in the major semi in 1975. I can't remember which stand i was seated but I can remember that there was a cool breeze coming through the gaps in the stand and I caught the flu after that, bummer. Henry Tatana kicked 4 out of 4 goals. The Roosters scored the only try by Bill Mullins which was worth 3 points then and it was converted by John Brass.

I didn't get to go to the Grand Final that year but my ex-wife and her dad went as he was a member of the cricket ground. I was so disappointed with the outcome, but they are the breaks and Langlands had one of his worst games that day.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I also remember fondly the week before the Major Semi we played Manly in the Minor. On the day of the game Langlands and Beath pulled out. We surprised everyone in upsetting the favourites Manly through great defence and some Teddy Godwin’s magic. Still scored one of the best individual tries I ever seen in that game; arguably more spectacular than his one in 77. Only seen it once on video and can’t find it now…

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
As a coaching group and a player group this game vs the Roosters is a “TEST”.

you could imagine Flano and his high performance team and co coaches discussing how critical this game is. What I saw against the Dolphins and finding new ways to attack through forwards to forwards out wide and through the middle was smart coaching. To take on the best teams and the best defence you have to have a kit bag of attack. We showed that last weekend.

Dragons are on 8 wins and 7 losses after 15 games played.

Roosters are on 10 wins and 6 losses after 16 games played.

so if we win Roosters will be on the same losses and we catch up with their games played in the next few weeks when the Roosters hit their bye.

im optimistic!

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We should be throwing the kitchen sink at Sam Walker to sign him on to take over from Ben Hunt when their current contracts end, he has what it takes to take our guys to the level we all want to be. With him and Cook in the spine we would be seriously challenging in 2026. We won’t of course, it will be the Roosters or the Broncos.

Parko1310

Juniors
We should be throwing the kitchen sink at Sam Walker to sign him on to take over from Ben Hunt when their current contracts end, he has what it takes to take our guys to the level we all want to be. With him and Cook in the spine we would be seriously challenging in 2026. We won’t of course, it will be the Roosters or the Broncos.
There's no chance he leaves the roosters I don't think, it looks like we'll invest heavily in LKT and Reed in the meantime, if someone of huge quality pops up we would probably enter the market and see what we can do

Dragon David

First Grade
Would love Walker to atleast go to the open market.. Nick/Robbo would lose their minds.

I reckon the rorters will come up with a really special set of TPA's and bonuses to make sure he stays put.. cant afford to lose their 7.
I don't think Walker would leave a club like the Roosters. The club has been very patient with his development having had Cooper Cronk who was replaced by Kyle Flanno and then Walker. Virtually all of his skills have been honed to "perfection" including his goal kicking. The Roosters as we know have a good way of looking after the players they want to keep.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The only reason Walker would be let go by the Chooks is if they bring in Mitch Moses which I doubt will happen. I really like the other young kid they have Sandon Smith. I think this kid will be really good and make a good partnership with Walker. Chooks are smart. The Chad will be there for a year to polish their kicking and game management skills.

Illusion

Bench
OK who really thinks we can win this and why ? Me would love to win this , but my thoughts, it will be closer than we might think and if it is close it will be up to our 7 and 6 ....... So if it's up to Hunt to get us up in a close game I say we can't win this ........ That's just me hope I'm wrong ........

OK who really thinks we can win this and why ? Me would love to win this , but my thoughts, it will be closer than we might think and if it is close it will be up to our 7 and 6 ....... So if it's up to Hunt to get us up in a close game I say we can't win this ........ That's just me hope I'm wrong ........
The challenge for our side is playing two good games in a row.

My head tells me we can’t win.

My heart tells me Saints by 2 !!!

SEAT 1A

Bench
Can't see any weakness where we can get on top of them.

Possible Jennings and Walker can't play as well as he did on ANZAC day.

Hunt has to have a blinder, see more of Sloan's trick plays when in position, a repeat of Sua and RFM and Luc's offloads.

More confident with BNE and then the bye. Two points this week would be an extra win.

FlickFlano

Juniors
Can't see any weakness where we can get on top of them.

Possible Jennings and Walker can't play as well as he did on ANZAC day.

Hunt has to have a blinder, see more of Sloan's trick plays when in position, a repeat of Sua and RFM and Luc's offloads.

More confident with BNE and then the bye. Two points this week would be an extra win.

Our chance has to be running our centres/edge forwards at their centres/halves. Will require Hunt to straighten us which is problematic so Liddle/Flano will need to be on point.

Parko1310

Juniors
Their obvious weakness is Sitili in the centres. Running Sloan out the back of shape and burning him for speed, and just making Sitili have to make a decision with some variations in our attack down that side... that is where they can be broken down. With Hunt there on the right though, I'm not sure whether he'll let the ball go left like it obviously needs to.

Last edited: