What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

kit66

Bench
Hunt should have great stats for the amount of time he hoggs the ball. Put Keary next to Hunt & you'll have similar stats to Kyle. Hunt in pre-season said he needs to give up more share of the ball & domination in attack. He did it for 2 games then reverted back to his natural ball dominant self.

Can't agree with you about Keary, he's a class above Kyle and wouldn't sit back and wait for the ball. Hunt would also likely have more faith in Keary and be less selfish.
It's a shame Flanno didn't think to grab Townsend for 2025 (bloody dogs - smart move Gus) as he has that Cronulla connection. He would have been awesome paired with Hunt, Hunt could have become the 5/8 he always should have been.

BLM01

First Grade
Can't agree with you about Keary, he's a class above Kyle and wouldn't sit back and wait for the ball. Hunt would also likely have more faith in Keary and be less selfish.
It's a shame Flanno didn't think to grab Townsend for 2025 (bloody dogs - smart move Gus) as he has that Cronulla connection. He would have been awesome paired with Hunt, Hunt could have become the 5/8 he always should have been.
Smart move Gus or Robbo!

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
townsend has gone to chooks not dogs.. and he is past it

Dragons4me

Juniors
So JWH cops a 4 week suspension for his hit, surely that should therefore have been a send off not a bin. We probably still would have lost however.
James Hooper on NRL 360 tonight (Wednesday 10 July) are claiming JWH has had 10 charges in the past 12 months and 37 charges over his 17 season career.
So good player or grub?

Dragon David

First Grade
James Hooper on NRL 360 tonight (Wednesday 10 July) are claiming JWH has had 10 charges in the past 12 months and 37 charges over his 17 season career.
So good player or grub?
I would say that he is the grubbiest grub of them all but the Roosters love him so that is all that matters to him. His grubbiness well and truly outweighs his playing ability. He has played it tough throughout his chequered career more bad than good. The Roosters system is such that they can afford to lose him through suspensions if he can put the other teams' players off their game with his "illegal" hits and when he is suspended they have the back up players to take his place so no skin off their noses.

Can you imagine say JDB being an enforcer and being grubby like JWH. We don't have the backup players to take his place during his suspensions and we would be giving it to him for being grubby and giving away penalties. Over the years, the Roosters know that JWH will be giving away plenty of penalties and being suspended or fined but I don't think they cared because they treat it like it's part of the yearly plan.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I did not get to see the game just the shorts but I remember I saw a score update of 14-12 then looked up again shortly and it was 42-12. There goes the for and against again.

I did not think Saints would win this nor will they beat Storm or Penrith coming up. I just hope they keep it close at least.

Latest posts