1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 18 vs Panthers

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Dorsai

Dorsai Juniors

Couldn’t be bothered watching tonight. Frankly, I have lost the will to even get excited about footy season this year. Another season of failure under McIdiot.

I’d rather watch reruns of the Beverly hillbillies.

The saddest thing here is the board has no concern for the fan base. No respect for the great st George traditions and jersey. No idea on how to build a successful club.

They continue with an old boys club. An acceptance of mediocrity and a total contempt for the paying fan. They treat us like idiots and consider our opinions worth nothing.

In accepting the WIN money they knocked back an offer from another Australian company with global offices offering a considerable amount more than the WIN offer. Why? That is something we may never know. But it has assured a lot of individuals continuing jobs. No questions asked.

We now find ourselves in this position heading to an embarrassing bottom 4 finish. Yet McIdiot and his other old boys will keep their jobs whilst they groom the next old boy, in Barrett, to move in. Same, same, no different.

I have loved this club for 55 years or more. I am at the end of my tether though. I just can’t get excited about this amateurish poorly run bunch of buffoons much longer.

2. KogarahWarrior

KogarahWarrior Juniors

All the boys look so damn depressed. Look what this club is doing to its players. You can't expect them to give their 110% if they don't enjoy being here. Norman, the larrikin who was so upbeat at the beginning of the season was so lazy and uncommitted as you said. Frizell, the wide-running and athletic backrower haven't had a line break set up for him I'm pretty sure since something like 2015. Tariq Sims has lost his fire too. This club is a total mess and as a fan, it hurts because I can't resist watching our games, but it pains me to watch nearly each and every one of them. Imagine giving your best years to footy, just to be thrown around by this dirt-poor and rickety excuse for a club that's supposed to be steeped in heritage because of some greedy pigs that want to save each other. I can't blame the players tonight. It's all down to that stupid AMF bowling ball and the degenerative board. What's worse is, other than the fans there's pretty much no external pressure or attention from the media to see a change coming.

3. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

dont worry...the past is not our future...Mary's words of wisdom

ALSGI likes this.
  4. BIG RIG

BIG RIG Juniors

This club needs an entire overhaul

Sack McGregor and don’t replac him with some ex player like Trent Barrett one option could be Tim Sheens

IMO Ian Millward is useless as a recruitment manager as he only relies on the signings of players that are washed up or are outcasts so he should get the flick

Young and Hornby should not be assistant coaches

Jacob Host , Euan Aitken and Tim Lafai should all be released - IMO Aitken is pathetic and is one of the worst players to ever play for St George

Matt Dufty should also be released as I believe he does not possess the complete game that a first grade fullback should have

Pearson and Ravalawa should also be released as I believe they are just plainly not worth it

We should also rid of a couple of fringe first graders such as Nicholls , Latimore , Allgood , Maranta and Kaufusi who is on a 6 month deal

Add that with the already announced departures of Widdop,Marsters and Robson as well as De Belins cap space coming off and probs Field leaving we should have a plethora of cap space to make smart signings

- First Grade Fullback,Wings,Centres
    - Some decent depth in our forwards
    - Some actual decent backup depth signings

My potential targets would be :
    - Jordan Rapana
    - Jai Arrow
    - Josh Reynolds ( Back Up )
    - George Burgess
    - Anthony Don ( Seems to be on the outer at Titans )
    - Blake Austin ( Wishful thinking )

But I would play Lomax as one centre and Maybe Saab and Periera on wings but would like at least one first grade wing signing

KogarahWarrior, hewi and Qapm like this.
  5. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

cmon..every one is fair game on the field..winners grinners stuff,, being going on since 1908

OldPanther likes this.
  6. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Sorry but I’m swearing loudly on this side of the keyboard. Laughable

BLM01 likes this.
  7. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

Still waiting for tonight's three pearlers. I want to re live it over and over again.

8. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Mary should have said , “ The future is our past”. Groundhog Day week after week. Year after year.

9. hermidale1

hermidale1 Juniors

His first move is to blame the younger players first.
    Host and Robson were his first casualties when he hit the panic button. To save face he said he was resting Hunt, not dropping him.
    He will now move to drop Lawrie and Kerr. Easier for him to drop them than lay blame on his stars and himself.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 and axl rose like this.
  10. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

11. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Its early Saturday morning.
    Having turned off at halftime, l thought l'd see how we finished.

Thank heavens l didn't waste my time watching anymore last night.

The papers are saying.... Alarm bells ringing. Sadly, they have all year, and for the past couple.

12. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

I feel for you guys. You have a top 8 worthy roster. It really sucks to see fans so disappointed with their club.

13. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

I lost on both counts , the Dragons (predictably) and the bingo - there goes my fort nightly allowance from my pension .

14. ricky_and_martin

ricky_and_martin Juniors

Unbelievable. .....we have FIVE Origin players and we are nearly LAST. PATHETIC.

I can't believe this shit....I feel sick lol

getsmarty and Objective View like this.
  15. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

Graham was about the only one showing passion, gave it to the ref, gave it to Maloney and made 42 tackles and, this is his first game back from a leg fracture.

When interviewed after the game he mentioned lack of urgency by some players. They asked him what was the problem and he looked like he was torn between saying what he really thought and being diplomatic. This is when he just said "I dont know , I dont have any answers".

getsmarty, BLM01 and blacksafake like this.
  16. hermidale1

hermidale1 Juniors

So release Host, Dufty, Lafai, Ravalawa, Aitken, and Pearson and that will fix things.
    One of those only played 20 minutes last week, only 1 try scored while on the field, and didn’t play this week.
    Flogged both weeks, yet let’s throw the blame his way along with the blokes who did play.
    The coach is the problem.

17. Objective View

Objective View Bench

So good.

Straight Shooter

18. BestHookerRein

BestHookerRein Juniors

Everyone is going over the top. Sure the scoreboard reads 40-18, but 16 of their points were try’s off kicks, so really the score was 24-18, and we were only one converted try from marching to the NRL flag.

19. RedV Resurgence

RedV Resurgence Juniors

I struggled to see how Host got blamed for last week.

blacksafake likes this.
  20. denis preston

denis preston Bench

You know what , he looks absolutely spent but won't fall on his sword. "hard to explain " means he doesn't know. Some players are "coming out of the system " ( what system ! ) but how to fix it comes down to the individual person ???. Also said " the club, supporters, coaches and SOME players are gutted by all this "!!! Looks like he will have angry selections next week and weld the axe on perhaps some of these players not gutted ( Norman ? )

Fu..en Paul Crawley gave a supporting statement rather than a question "stick together and finish off the season in a real positive mode " Mary responded with absolutely!!!
    The club has to act now as the damage has been done and the players have spoken.Cant gloss over this and let it fester more over the off season and further. I'd reckon because the board has to be seen to be doing something about it : They will retain the dopey assistants but hire Barrett as interim coach until the end of the year.Then they will make a world search for a new coach and then hire Barrett.