What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Roosters

Copperhead

Juniors
NRL
Panthers vs Roosters
Saturday 11 July
NRL kick-off: 5.30pm

Ivan Cleary has selected the same 17 who ran out against the Rabbitohs to face the Roosters this week at Pepper Stadium. We want to see a huge home crowd get behind the boys and help the Panthers get the two points against the boys from Bondi.

NRL team to face the Roosters is as follows:

1. Dallin WATENE- ZELEZNIAK
2. Waqa BLAKE
3. Dean WHARE
4. Isaah YEO
5. David SIMMONS
6. Jamie SOWARD
7. Peter WALLACE ©
8. Nigel PLUM
9. Api KOROISAU
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Sika MANU
12.Bryce CARTWRIGHT
13. Elijah TAYLOR

INTERCHANGE
14. Lewis BROWN
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Sam McKENDRY
17. Tyrone PEACHEY

NSW CUP
Panthers vs Wyong Roos
Satuday 11 July
NSW Cup Kick-off: 3.15pm

Garth Brennan has rewarded Moses Leota's great NYC form with a spot on the NSW Cup bench and welcomes the return of big man Ben Murdoch-Masila to his side after a long injury lay-off.

NSW Cup team to face the Wyong Roos is as follows:

1. Adrian DAVIS
2. Eddie AIONO
3. Robert JENNINGS
4. Maliko FILINO
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Isaac JOHN
7. Will SMITH
8. Andy SAUNDERS
9. Sione KATOA
10. Leilani LATU
11. Chris SMITH
12. Ben MURDOCH- MASILA
13. Tupou SOPOAGA

INTERCHANGE
14. Brendan ATTWOOD
15. Matt EISENHUTH
16. Atonio PELASASA
17. Moses LEOTA
19. Geoff DANIELA

NYC
Panthers vs Roosters
Saturday 11 July
NYC kick-off: 1.10pm

Cameron Ciraldo has named his team to face the Roosters. He has included NSW U20s Origin stars Brent Naden and Oliver Clark to start.

The NYC team to face the Sydney Roosters is as follows:

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Fuimanu ENESE
3. Brent NADEN ©
4. Logan GEYER
5. Braidon BURNS
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Sam ELWIN
8. Stanton ALBERT
9. Soni LUKE
10. Oliver CLARK
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
13. Paea PUA

INTERCHANGE
14. Dylan FUAD
15. Cowen EPERE
16. Thompson TUIGAMALA
17. Shane KIEL
19. Kaide ELLIS

mxlegend99

Referee
So Josh Mansour is out with injury again? I thought he just pulled up sore after his last game and was rested last week due to a short turnaround. But now looking around he's apparently out for another 4 weeks. It's his 4th stint on the sidelines this year

1st - Pre-season surgery, missing opening two rounds
2nd - Injured in Round 7 against Titans after playing 4 1/2 games
3rd - Re-injured after being named in Round 12 against the Eels without playing a game. So sort of part of his second stint, but since he was named and expected to play I count it as a second stint on the sidelines.
Injury 4 - Injured in Round 16 against Tigers apparently

So he has been injured 3 times this year, and missed the opening 2 rounds from surgery last year. Have we tried rushing him back to quickly in each of these cases? Is he just injury prone? Is it our training and conditioning staff?

It's absolutely ridiculous. Some injuries are unavoidable and would have happened to any player in the same circumstances. But many of the ones we get happen in tackles that are nothing out of the ordinary and we seem to be a lot slower to get players back from these injuries... with them quiet often getting re-injured almost immediately despite us taking longer than initially expected.

I hope Ronnie Palmer does go to the Sea Eagles and takes the injury curse along with him. Or atleast it leaves us... I really don't want the Sea Eagles players to get injured either. Especially not when a few of them are former Panthers who have done a great job for us.

MaxPower

Juniors
If we are a lot slower getting players back from injury, I'd say you can rule out them being rushed back too soon.

chrisD

Coach
Naden and Geyer centres, May into halves. Seems like we can't settle on a position for the young talent.

Annoying we have to play Blake at wing, need him learning at centre, particularly for defence.

All three grades at home and not clashing with any other NRL is good.

maple_69

Bench
When is Jennings back. I'd prefer him on the wing with Blake at Centre and Yeo moving Manu out of the side when possible.

Edit Jenko back in R20. May be in time to get a game or two before Mansour is back.

Good to see BMM back finally as well. Hopefully he can start pushing for a first grade spot soon.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
DWZ's brother,Malakai Watene-Zelezniak will be playing wing for the Panthers reserve grade side on Saturday.(all games are live on Foxsports 1) He scored a hat-trick for Windsor Wolves Ron Massey Cup last week.So it'll be interesting to watch him go around

betcats

Referee
Naden and Geyer centres, May into halves. Seems like we can't settle on a position for the young talent.

Annoying we have to play Blake at wing, need him learning at centre, particularly for defence.

All three grades at home and not clashing with any other NRL is good.

I have noticed that with May this year, he has played everywhere but prop. Moving Naden is a strange one, he has looked pretty good at FB when I have seen him. Cant complain though they are getting the job done in NYC.

Good to see Leota given a run in NSW cup. So far that's JFH, Stanton and Leota given a taste of that level this year.

soc123_au

Staff member
DWZ's brother,Malakai Watene-Zelezniak will be playing wing for the Panthers reserve grade side on Saturday.(all games are live on Foxsports 1) He scored a hat-trick for Windsor Wolves Ron Massey Cup last week.So it'll be interesting to watch him go around

He always looked the goods when he played 20's. I was surprised he never kicked on. Went to the Warriors & seemed to dissapear.

The Teach

Juniors
He always looked the goods when he played 20's. I was surprised he never kicked on. Went to the Warriors & seemed to dissapear.

Mal actually played for the Penrith Emus rugby union side last year. It's good to see him back in rugby league, he's always had a lot of talent.

TeamSatan

Juniors
This should be a great game..
All grades all day..
Chooks are so inconsistant this year, one week awesome next week garbage.
Wonder which week it is for them.?
If we get the 50/50s and the ref has a good 10 we will win.
Hope some of you get to the game..we need a big crowd.

martielang

Bench
Have we got Sopa and Latu tied up for next season? Both are quality.

No idea how the boys lost that though... Great game of footy.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Jennings knocks the ball into touch about 2 meters in front of the touch judge but some how they get the ball and then score.

List of things LU Panthers fans are wrong about.
1. Api being better than Seg
2. Blake having any rugby league ability

Feel free to add many MANY more