What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Predictions

amnrlfan

Juniors
USARL

Slayers 30 - Titans 22
Warriors 36 - Rebellion 28
Axemen 60 - 13's 10
Fight 104 - Oneida 0

deluded pom?

Coach
I can't believe the Raiders beat the Bulls. Have the Raiders improved out of sight or are the Bulls struggling for personnel? No score from the Sharks v Vipers game. Are the Vipers a fake team? It'll be interesting to see if the Hawiian conference is completed next week.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I can't believe the Raiders beat the Bulls. Have the Raiders improved out of sight or are the Bulls struggling for personnel? No score from the Sharks v Vipers game. Are the Vipers a fake team? It'll be interesting to see if the Hawiian conference is completed next week.
The Bulls couldn't raise a side last week apparently, hence Connecticut have played New York for the past two weeks.

tcc_dc

Juniors

the sharks - vipers game was delayed due to weather per the Sharks twitter...game to be played Monday...

Goddo

Bench
USARL

Slayers 30 - Titans 22
Warriors 36 - Rebellion 28
Axemen 60 - 13's 10
Fight 104 - Oneida 0

Slayers/Titans and Warriors/Rebellion look like they were good games.

Oneida and Boston sitting at 7 & 8 - makes me think they would be better off with just the one Boston team.

USARL looks well run, with a good home and away season, but it might need a second division. Hopefully the Sledgehammers can replace Oneida next year, and Oneida can become the 13s reserve grade side.

Thats probably the next step for the USARL - improve the quality of the USARL (but keep 8 teams for now) and get a reserve grade comp up and running. Promising signs for this in Jacksonville with 3 reserve grade sides.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Jacksonville's reserve grade teams are a giant step for the development of the USARL and the game in general.

Goddo

Bench
Yeah its why I suggested running regional reserve grade comps through the USARL season, possibly as a RL 9s comp if depth is a problem.

Eg, you could have:

* New England RL, involving RI Rebellion, New Haven Warriors, Oneida FC (Boston).
* Tri-State RL, involving New Jersey Turnpike Titans, Washington DC Slayers, Philadelphia Fight, (Pittsburgh Sledgehammers too I guess)
* Florida RL, with Jacksonvilles 3 sides.

Travel costs would be less, you get more people playing, and it gives the USARL competition depth, which leads to better quality. Grass roots growth.

Get more people playing and watching = more money/quality

Next step then would be further growth at all levels - more USARL teams, another reserve grade area/division and getting the game into schools and Universities.

Last edited:

Choo Choo

Juniors
Slayers game sounds like it was a good back and forth match. Hope they get the replay up online.

It was a great match that did go back and forth, but sorry, no video. Weather was cold and misting rain. I will post a match report sometime today.

BTW, we will be recording and posting this week's Slayers vs. Rebellion match.

Spitty

Juniors
Good to see that so far every team in both leagues has been able to field a side. If the Sharks/Vipers game goes ahead that will be 14 teams able to compete across one weekend.

At the end of the last AMNRL season I wonder whether either Nuiy, Spinner or anyone else involved in RL in the US would have imagined that less that 12 months later 14 teams could play in the US on one weekend?

Perhaps this rivalry is bringing out the best in both sides.

Sharks vs Vipers game is being played tonight at 7:30pm.

I'll post the score when i get back online.

Glad to see the amount of footy played over the weekend across the states.

deluded pom?

Coach
Good to see that so far every team in both leagues has been able to field a side. If the Sharks/Vipers game goes ahead that will be 14 teams able to compete across one weekend.

At the end of the last AMNRL season I wonder whether either Nuiy, Spinner or anyone else involved in RL in the US would have imagined that less that 12 months later 14 teams could play in the US on one weekend?

Perhaps this rivalry is bringing out the best in both sides.

At the time I posted this the Vipers hadn't played a game. I see the Raiders beat the Bulls too. Now have the Raiders improved out of sight or are the Bulls squad being spread around two teams?

druzik

Juniors
At the time I posted this the Vipers hadn't played a game. I see the Raiders beat the Bulls too. Now have the Raiders improved out of sight or are the Bulls squad being spread around two teams?

From what I saw last weekend, the Raiders have improved, improved from what everyone told me about last year. Good to see. The Bucks County team also looks to have a strong squad. Will be interesting to se how they go up against the Knights and Wildcats. That will be their real test.