What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Team v Warriors

Grail

Juniors
forward pass said:
Geezuz guys - Lowrie wasn't that bad was he? He did his job and did it well imo.

Would any of the Lowrie baggers care to point out what errors he made last weekend???

Anyone?

Did he actually do anything good though? Or was he just making up numbers? Joe did plenty good. Damaging runs, hard defence. Plenty of enthusiasm.

Pazza

First Grade
I'd start Weller and bench Lowrie, Weller can give us a bit more punch in the opening exchanges while Lowrie can come on when the game starts to open up and keep our defense tight.

Pazza

First Grade
Also replacing Oake with Weller brings a bit more balance to the pack. You need players like Wagon, lowrie and Oake but too many of them can have negative effects much like if you have too many players like Moi Moi. I think we got a good balance of power and work ethic this week. As for Jnr in for Joe, if Hagan thinks Jnr is better for the job then great. Good to see 4 good props up against the Warriors, should be a cracker!

cayless1989

Juniors
Pazza said:
I'd start Weller and bench Lowrie, Weller can give us a bit more punch in the opening exchanges while Lowrie can come on when the game starts to open up and keep our defense tight.

the thing is lowrie merkin defend!!! he doesnt have the strenght of a regular first grader!! did anyone notice in the dogs game, when he went to make a tackle he needed 2 other players to help him bring a player down!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
By the looks Weller has replaced Oake and Paulo has replaced Joe, it looks a far superior bench from last game. Lowrie did nothing wrong last game and deserves another chance.

cayless1989

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
By the looks Weller has replaced Oake and Paulo has replaced Joe, it looks a far superior bench from last game. Lowrie did nothing wrong last game and deserves another chance.
joe didnt do anything wrong either!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Against the Warriors I think you need a big pack of forwards and that will mean we need to use players in the back row who can go the full eighty and the players from the bench will need to create an impact or maintain momentum.

Joe was very good on Saturday but I don't think he is yet capable of playing close to sixty or seventy minutes just yet. Lowrie has done well in the off season and gained his spot. He also didn't do anything on Sunday that warrants him losing it. Joe is unlucky and for mine so is Oake - personally I'd be making Hauraki, Hayne and Paulo earn their spots back in the first grade team anyway.

Bigfella

Coach
I think we will need Junior and Weller just to come near the physicality of the Warriors pack Colonel.

Let's not forget round 1 last year. Will be good to see how we step up to pace this time round early season (can't be worse than last year anyway).

The Colonel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
I think we will need Junior and Weller just to come near the physicality of the Warriors pack Colonel.

Let's not forget round 1 last year. Will be good to see how we step up to pace this time round early season (can't be worse than last year anyway).

Me said:
Against the Warriors I think you need a big pack of forwards

Agree totally. Joe and ORK are unlucky but Paulo and Hauraki are definitely more physical.

Hutchy86

Juniors
happy with that team..
would rather Reddy on the wing & Joe instead of Lowrie, but the Rolling Stones said it best..
"you can't always get what you want"

bartman

Immortal
Not surprised he's named 19 at this stage. I think with the exception of Moi Moi starting and Cordoba benched I picked it in the other thread?

Bottom line is Warriors have a big pack, and Hages needs to pick a forward six and bench that he thinks is up to the job. We need the quiet grafters and well as the big impact guys, and need the right mix on the day for the particular opponents.

No problem with Lowrie keeping his spot this week for mine. We know that if Robinson were fit he'd be there, and with a few games under his belt and the ability to do 80 minutes maybe Weller would lay claim to that starting spot as well. Someone's going to be unlucky to miss the 18 - that's the price of having a good squad - and by naming 19 9at this stage I don't think Hages knows who that will be yet.

Nikki

Coach
Wow. When you guys dont like someone you'se really put the boot in hey? I dont think Todd is the bees knees, but at no stage does ANY player that pulls on our Jersey deserve to cop what you have been dishing out on him. Not until they have left the club anyway. And Im not saying dont have an opinion, just make it constructive.

Fathead

Bench
All these Lowrie bashers - Im happy to bet the coaching staff know a thing or two about both the players involved and how to coach a footy team.
I reckon we had better jump back onto our couches and support the boys and let the coaches and selectors get on with it.
We support and they select/coach.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think its the better option. A good experienced pack to start off with to handle the big Warriors pack.

I still maintain my theory of Mat Keating starting with Riddell of the bench, will provide the team with better go forward early in the match, and thus a better kick on the 5th. A early start to the Warriors is something we cant afford.