What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs. Warrior Preview

Big Pete

Referee
This thread is for discussion for next Sundays match against the Warriors at Mt. Smart Stadium.

I know it's a bit early however I thought it couldn't come up at a better time. I believe the Broncos showed some good signs against the Cowboys, especially defensively at stages however I believe some changes should be made.

My team:
1. Justin Hodges
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brent Tate
4. Steve Michaels
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Karmichael Hunt
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Joel Moon*

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Greg Eastwood**
17. Michael Ennis

* Depending if Tonie Carroll is able to play. If Carroll is allowed to, bring Carroll onto Lock, Moon onto bench ahead of Eastwood.
** If injured, replace with Nick Kenny.

Looking at my changes I believe this is a stronger side. Firstly, I believe the Broncos were playing with two injured players, Eastwood looked out of it while Parker was gone early, a big blow especially Parker who is a 60-80min player.

The other changes, I believe Michaels didn't get enough clean ball and if presented space and room could be a real threat at Left Centre. While Tupou would be a good asset on the wing and take pressure off the forwards, which was a big focus on tonights match.

Moon at Lock is a good move as Moon didn't look too impressive at Centre. He just doesn't have the speed to be a Centre.

While I'd give K more of a chance at Halfback as I believe he showed a lot of promise. Hodges was pretty poor tonight, as were a few players, however we know what he's capable of so it'd be silly to drop him just yet.

Ennis on the bench ahead of Perry seems to be a popular move. IMO we need Ennis for his goal kicking and I believe he'll be the long time hooker once Berrigan gets shuffled around once again. Infact that brings up another option, Berro to Left Centre, Ennis to hooker, Michaels to Right Wing, Perry to bench.

Yeah that's a little hard to follow.

Can't wait for next week though. Thoughts?

Big Pete

Referee
What do you mean he's not quick enough? He's got more pace than Moon! That's for sure and has much more power, size etc.

Moon should go Lock IMO, he'd be used much better in that position, seems more suited to it.

Big Pete

Referee
UPDATED TEAM

1. Justin Hodges
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brent Tate
4. Steve Michaels
5. Darius Boyd
6. Joel Moon
7. Karmichael Hunt
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Nick Kenny
17. Michael Ennis

ethos

Live Update Team
Big Pete said:
UPDATED TEAM

1. Justin Hodges
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brent Tate
4. Steve Michaels
5. Darius Boyd
6. Joel Moon
7. Karmichael Hunt
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Nick Kenny
17. Michael Ennis

I'd go with that. I would rather have someone like Kemp over Tupou though.

Smiley

Bench
1. Justin Hodges
2. Steve Micheals
3. Brent Tate
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Darius Boyd
6. Joel Moon
7. Karmichael Hunt
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Micheal Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Nick Kenny
17. Ian Lacey

Ennis has to play all game next week because we have lost Parker and Lockyer own two other goalkickers.

salivor

First Grade
Yippee_Wippee said:
1. Justin Hodges
2. Steve Micheals
3. Brent Tate
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Darius Boyd
6. Joel Moon
7. Karmichael Hunt
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Micheal Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Nick Kenny
17. Ian Lacey

Ennis has to play all game next week because we have lost Parker and Lockyer own two other goalkickers.

Ennis will have to play 80 mins so why have Lacey on your bench? Unless your concerned with the Moon and Hunt combination holding up.

I wonder if while Lockyer is out if we're not better off moving Hunt back to fullback. I think he's our long term option at half/five eighth but I don't know with one 1 game under his belt if he's ready to play without a dominant playmaker beside him and in particular a rookie in Joel Moon. We may be better off going with a Perry-Moon combination.

renouf

Juniors
Perry should get a go at half, his kicking game and the fact that he can steady the ship... Hunt can do most of the play making. I can't see how Joel Moon is going to be able to create anything at 5/8, hes just not up to that level yet.

1. Hodges
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Moon
5. Michaels
6. Hunt
7. Perry
8. Carlaw
9. Berrigan
10. Civo
11. Thaiday
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Hannatt
15. Eastwood
16. Ennis
17. Kenny

Hatzy

Juniors
This one is going to be tough. Historically we play well against you guys. I think we used to get the upper hand but lately you have got them up on us.

Our team will more or less be the same from the Eels - I don't think they will change much of a winning team.

Louis Anderson could be out injured though with Evarn the likely candidate to come back.

Smiley

Bench
Pistol said:
who'll be skipper you reckon?

Petero??
I'd like to see Hunt be named Captain, he's already been earmarked as the next captain when Lockyer retires and after seeing him on Friday night i though he was more a captain than Lockyer, but if Bennett decides to keep him at halfback, it might be too much stress for him playing in a new position and having to captain. In that case it would have to be Petero.

renouf

Juniors
Carroll cleared to play is a big boost... I think we'll go alright against the Warriors even without Locky. Ennis will be back in the 17, so he should add some something and I don't think our forward pack will have any troubles handling the Warriors pack.

Big Pete

Referee
1. Justin Hodges
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brent Tate
4. Steve Michaels
5. Darius Boyd
6. Karmichael Hunt
7. Shane Perry
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Joel Moon

I reckon Bennett may go with this side, I think he's giving Ennis some QRL time to get his match fitness and confidence up, Perry at halfback needs to happen to atleast have one experienced playmaker in the side.

Daza_06

Juniors
Big Pete said:
1. Justin Hodges
2. Tame Tupou
3. Brent Tate
4. Steve Michaels
5. Darius Boyd
6. Karmichael Hunt
7. Shane Perry
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Dave Taylor
15. Ben Hannant
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Joel Moon

I reckon Bennett may go with this side, I think he's giving Ennis some QRL time to get his match fitness and confidence up, Perry at halfback needs to happen to atleast have one experienced playmaker in the side.

I will agree with that line up maybe swap Moon with Ennis but thats about it

Latest posts