What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2

80MinuteMan

Juniors
Following the Knights vs Wildcats on twitter was fun. Seems like it was a cracker. Knights took it 36-28

Boston 86 - RIR 18 - Crowd Just under 200.... photos to be up this week.....

Boys took them too lightly this week.... we will see them again in round 5 I believe... this week were onto DC at home again

We defended the whole first half... Drew buckley stated ... Never played in a game in which we won that big... and never played in a game where we defended that much.

The Second half our defense held it together better and we got some points on the board, but by then the game was out of grasp.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Hey Nick, if you are such an AMNRL fan, why are you playing in the USARL. Guess you couldn't make the side today since your FB page says you are at the beach. To bad, would have liked to see one of the Clark boys lay you out. :)

Haha 2 shea Ryan... I don't think Matty took it to heart though, If he did he would of called me about it. He'll get his chance for that shot don't worry :D.

All joking aside I just got done watching the match on youtube you guys looked good, June 29th is right around the corner. Hope its just as close. Bring some Rolling Rock down FLA doesn't have any.

Forum admin wont let me change AMRNLFAN :crazy:

Fighter

Juniors
Haha 2 shea Ryan... I don't think Matty took it to heart though, If he did he would of called me about it. He'll get his chance for that shot don't worry :D.

All joking aside I just got done watching the match on youtube you guys looked good, June 29th is right around the corner. Hope its just as close. Bring some Rolling Rock down FLA doesn't have any.

Forum admin wont let me change AMRNLFAN :crazy:

Well I sent him what you said and it gave him a little bulletin board mojo, so thank you! It was a great game for both sides, end of June should be another bash up fest!
Victory is the new sponsor, no rolling rock, we got the good stuff now!

amnrlfan

Juniors
Well I sent him what you said and it gave him a little bulletin board mojo, so thank you! It was a great game for both sides, end of June should be another bash up fest!
Victory is the new sponsor, no rolling rock, we got the good stuff now!

Even better, looking forward to it.

gyallop

Juniors
RIR you know you can score 70 points in a half so the game want out of your grasp!

Seriously though how do you win one week by 126 0 then play the same side a week later and get humiliated?

RIR you know you can score 70 points in a half so the game want out of your grasp!

Seriously though how do you win one week by 126 0 then play the same side a week later and get humiliated?

We just didnt have the availability from the boys this week. Its an Amateur competition and boys have to work over play.

winnyason

Juniors
Game has gone backwards in USA Hawaii test appalling crowd. Amnrl no website teams seem to be dropping out in both leagues.t

IowaRL

Juniors
Game has gone backwards in USA Hawaii test appalling crowd. Amnrl no website teams seem to be dropping out in both leagues.t

Think so? 3 words for you, "come do better". Plenty of guys in the US are busting thier guts to get games played and the game developed, I've seen similar poor numbers and clubs dropping out and that was in Australia. They are doing an awesome job, and need all the help and good vibes they can get for such a competitive market

winnyason

Juniors
No press release got photo off Samoa fb site looked bloody terrible. Who decides to play a match at a 60 k stadium at least the match last year looked good v tonga as it had 2000 people in small college arena.
The amnrl terrible since niu left no media releases, website or twitter updates. When will we see the website up????????????.
I am not aligned to either but it is clear the in fighting will stuff all good work by every one. The game has so much potential so many stuff ups over last 3 years. Why does the rlif not step in, mate get me a paying job I will give it a go I played juniors with Percy who plays at ct.
it is frustrating given how well the sport is going in Canada, jamacia it can do better in USA.

80MinuteMan

Juniors
According to Niu via twitter, the Samoa test drew 10,000 (take that with a grain of salt). If it did draw 10,000, that's not a bad crowd, it just looks bad in such a big stadium.

BTW, the AMNRL does have a website up now (amnrl.org) and we'll be in the World Cup for the first time this year & the AYRLA competition took off during the preseason, so its not all doom and gloom. In an amateur competition, you'll see teams come and go, that's the nature of the beast. Keeping rugby league alive and improving is the only thing that matters at this point.

DIOGENES

Juniors
That is the lamest web site I have ever seen. A 1 page job with last week's scores and links to the clubs.

gyallop

Juniors
Winnyson or should that be whineyson why don't you keep your un-informed opinions to yourself, they disrespect blokes unlike you are having a go.

you have no knowledge of the crowd but make a statement of fact. If you know anything about photos they are taken normally from the crowd side so they look poor as they used to at Suncorp when the BRL played there.

There are blokes playing as amateurs in the USA paying their own way and blokes holding down full time jobs giving up their time to grow the game and nufties like you want to throw rocks. Get you a paying job as you played juniors with Percy....get real

and Canada and Jamaica are doing better than the lads in the USA ...give us some facts to back this one up champ!

winnyason

Juniors
You get real wanker, the facts are the amnrl is a joke sold off to the Grand Prix rugby shame are you happy niu did this. Look how he has left game, the rlif should step in.
If you cannot deal with critics then f"""k off.

80MinuteMan

Juniors
You get real wanker, the facts are the amnrl is a joke sold off to the Grand Prix rugby shame are you happy niu did this. Look how he has left game, the rlif should step in.
If you cannot deal with critics then f"""k off.

And you need to deal with the fact that every point you made, I countered easily. There's no doubt that the AMNRL/USARL rift must come to an end. Beyond that, league is doing as well as it possibly can with very little money. Instead of asking the RLIF to step in, why not step up yourself. Every rugby league team in this country accepts donations, reach into your pocket and give. Things are tight for me right now, but I have given to several clubs and the AYRLA already this season, with the goal of making a small donation to every club in this country by the end of the summer. That's doing something productive.

Choo Choo

Juniors
And you need to deal with the fact that every point you made, I countered easily. There's no doubt that the AMNRL/USARL rift must come to an end. Beyond that, league is doing as well as it possibly can with very little money. Instead of asking the RLIF to step in, why not step up yourself. Every rugby league team in this country accepts donations, reach into your pocket and give. Things are tight for me right now, but I have given to several clubs and the AYRLA already this season, with the goal of making a small donation to every club in this country by the end of the summer. That's doing something productive.

And each club definitely appreciates ANY donation. We use the money to pay for basic needs items like tape, field paint, water, etc. Things that most people take for granted as always being there. I think most here would be really suprised to see how much club administrators pay out of their own pockets just to keep a team going. They don't do it for the glory, they do it because they love the game. If anyone wants to donate to the Slayers, send me a note and I'll provide our paypal info.