What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He'll never have speed. You're barking up the wrong tree if you want that from have him. Speed is natural talent you can train and get mildly quicker but you can't get good acceleration if you're not naturally fast. He could be the best trainer in the world but he'll never be a Scott Sorenson. I honestly think he's only a fill second rower and he's too big and not agile enough for the edge.

Mav's thing is he's skilful for a big guy and and he's got a bit of vision in comparison to the vast majority of forwards. He needs to round out the fundamentals more then expand on that and realise how big he is. Once he realises how big he is and the impact he can have on games just running hard if he ever does that he'll be on his way. His point of difference is stuff like the of types tries Mark Nichollas scores from close range when he barges over by running into gaps or offloads. Mav is geared more towards stuff like that I'd say.

I totally agree. I want the club to re sign him.

Girds89

Bench
Really happy for trent. Been saying for about 18 months he is a real goer..

Hes going to give cole a real run for the 14 next year imo.

I think if daine keeps up this form and shows in the trials hes up to the defense of 6 then its his first go.

Cole amd trent for mine as the next in line.

Brad is solid but he gets really lost with ball in hand and takes some terrible options. Hes just to similar to nath to play 6..

I thought at the start of this year casey may get a game or two but didnt think he step up like he has. We are going to need him to go to another level over the next month or so whilst paul is out.

Pretty disappointing to leak soo many points but overall very happy just to get the two points without all the origin boys.

Garner likely back next weel plus yeo, marto, too and luai..

Laurie
Tito
Tago
Casey
Too
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Marto
Soro
Yeo

Trent
Henry
Smith
Garner

We will build of this. I have no doubt ivan knows the defense is a problem. Boys will be working over time to sort it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just home. Still on a high. Never felt we were out of it, just thought we needed to respect possession and we could come back. Good sides do what we did this afternoon, we got the job done.

Crashtest

Juniors
How lucky are we, with Edwards likely out for at least 3 - 4 games, to have Laurie to fill in for him at full back.

Todays stats as our back up full back: 257 running meters, a try, 11 tackle breaks, a try assist, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists, and 28 runs.

Crashtest

Juniors
Any attacking setup we have will end with Nathan getting the ball, 90% of kicks will be him.

So we are looking for someone that is off the cuff, with speed or footwork decent kicking for a number 2.

Laurie looks closest but Cole has had a couple of eyes up plays

Yep. Good position for the club to be in with Cole and Laurie to fight it out over the remaining season and preseason for the 6 and 14 jerseys next year.

And to have Schnieder and Toelau locked in as well for 7, and extra 6 cover, adds to the strong halves depth position.

Girds89

Bench
Fat 2024 Peach is on par with 2024 Tago

Going to blame him for the trys on the right today too??

Ive said this for ages we aremt numbering up well and are playing way to condensed in the middle..

The gap between nath and tago on some of their backline plays was higely concerning.

There was 4 or 5 times we werent just 1 man short but we were 2 short..

We are just numbering up awfully atm. Nath is a very good defender but he was dragged in several times just from lack of numbers hence the few easy tries.

Its been a reoccurring theme all year..

Yes tago has been poor in defence but ive been trying to tell ppl its that whole side. We are getting caught short way way to often.

We could get by with critta as he is easily the best defensive centre in the game but we dont have that luxury anymore so we need to fix it.

Someone needs to show tago some footage of him carving up last year and get some confidence back in him. We need him at his best

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Going to blame him for the trys on the right today too??

Ive said this for ages we aremt numbering up well and are playing way to condensed in the middle..

The gap between nath and tago on some of their backline plays was higely concerning.

There was 4 or 5 times we werent just 1 man short but we were 2 short..

We are just numbering up awfully atm. Nath is a very good defender but he was dragged in several times just from lack of numbers hence the few easy tries.

Its been a reoccurring theme all year..

Yes tago has been poor in defence but ive been trying to tell ppl its that whole side. We are getting caught short way way to often.

We could get by with critta as he is easily the best defensive centre in the game but we dont have that luxury anymore so we need to fix it.

Someone needs to show tago some footage of him carving up last year and get some confidence back in him. We need him at his best
A few were his fault but Ivan putting a prop out wide wasn't very smart

Girds89

Bench
Fat Peachey arm grabs.

I'd rather that then Tago who just stood there watching Hammer run and setting up Bostock

No try today was tagos fault alone ffs.

You blokes cleary don't understand footy i swear..

The tries they scored on that side we were effed for numbers.

Ive been saying it for 3-4 momths. We arent numbering up well and are playing way to condensed in the middle.. we barely ever concede line breaks in and around the ruck. But we are stuffed out wide.. need to spread in the middle a bit especially in the ruck area.

Have liam henry at 2nd row doesmt help..

The 1 defender needs to be pushing 3 or 4m wider and the markers need to work harder to cover the ruck.. pushes everyone that bit wider and should help the issues on the edge.