What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I understand that criticism can be necessary and important at times, but please guys, do not be harsh on Sloan, Amone and Sullivan. The three of them have barely played any first grade, yet were absolutely thrown into three very important roles against a pretty much full-strength South Sydney team. Amone has never played centre in the juniors. Sloan hasn't played fullback at the top grade and actually played more wing in SG Ball. Sullivan's been out all year with injury and played like 2 games of reserve grade. And guess what? The three of them are all under the age of 20. PLEASE for the love of this club do not turn them into whipping boys! They're just teenagers and are trying their best out there, demonstrating a much better dedication to the jersey than half of the 'seasoned professionals' in the team.
Great post. However, are we allowed to criticise Sullivan’s hair? I think it warrants a lot of criticism .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I understand that criticism can be necessary and important at times, but please guys, do not be harsh on Sloan, Amone and Sullivan. The three of them have barely played any first grade, yet were absolutely thrown into three very important roles against a pretty much full-strength South Sydney team. Amone has never played centre in the juniors. Sloan hasn't played fullback at the top grade and actually played more wing in SG Ball. Sullivan's been out all year with injury and played like 2 games of reserve grade. And guess what? The three of them are all under the age of 20. PLEASE for the love of this club do not turn them into whipping boys! They're just teenagers and are trying their best out there, demonstrating a much better dedication to the jersey than half of the 'seasoned professionals' in the team.
Honestly it’s laughable what people on this forum expect of our young players.

redv13

Bench
Well if you have been watchin for a few weeks now every team gets a noise relative to their enblem (i.e. screaching gull when manly score) or in Souths case song after a try. It hard to make a Rabbit noise after a try :rolleyes:
Been like that since round 1.

Kylez3

Juniors
Poasa must have one of the worst work-rates for a forward I've even seen. He takes 1 or 2 hit-ups a game maximum (check the stats).

Such a shame because he actually bends the line.

redv13

Bench
It does...and that's why we have Molo/Sua/Burgess and possibly one other in for next year....
I don’t want to really shit can the fellas cause we we’re always going to be up against it tonight and most had a dig but jeez our forwards tonight we’re never a hope in the world. Effort yes, but was like watching a bus continuously running over a Billy kart. No doubt we’ll be a shit load stronger next week. Humongous game!!

Old Timer

Coach
It’s so depressing to think that we had to get this plodder out of retirement rather than going after a decent centre. This club reeks of failure
Who was the gun centre that you had in mind that we should have signed?

IMO Beale will play reggies next year and help the young ones coming through which is also part of the plan we need to put in place

We have left our young up and comers to their own devices for far too long they also need lots of help before they get to the top grade

kit66

Bench
The fact that we lost by exactly the right amount, no more, no less to slip out of the 8 epitomizes what this club has now become.

I was texting back and forth with a mate a few days ago, he sent me pics of his son's 6th birthday ( I couldn't get to Sydney to meet them ) and I remarked that when he and I were 6 the Dragons were winning the last of their 11 Grand Finals. My mate casually remarked " I know but I think the holdover from that era has finally faded this year ". I think he's right, I think there's really no point living on the glory of those days, we're not that club any more, not literally anyway but not in any other sense either. Time to move on.

RedVDave

First Grade
This was always going to be a real rebuilding year (unlike the previous 8) so I'll reverse judgement until next year.

The BBQ cooked our season and what little chance we had of creeping into the 8, we are in the midst of a huge clean out and getting rid of some serious deadwood in our club: Vaughn, Dufty, Norman to name a few.

I say we just blood all out youngster now and forget about the 8 get the young blood playing as much FG as possible now especially with the reserves now dead in the water again.

Latest posts