What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Munted

Bench
My biggest frustration was the arsey tries, ones that generally get shut down if the defence is engaged and alert.
Take 12 points out of it, and I think that's a better reflection of the game.

Anyway, we lost by 27 and not 46 like the roosters and not 50 like the Bunnies.
There still hope when troops return, and just like us last year... Can the storm streak go forever? Unlikely.

Kilkenny

Coach
Let’s look at the positives we could easily have had that game blow out to 59 but we held in .cleRys game management is defiantly missing from our team .the forwards where good back end of the game we went well
Throw api in there suddenly we get better feild position .The options on the last where programmed .throw Cleary in there and he mixes it up
While I would have preferred to win or a closer score line it was against the storm not the tigers .So heads up everyone onto next week
No place for your positivity on here Murray.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Haha everyone blaming edwards.

Theres a few key reasons we lost and edwards wasnt one of them.

I said during the week we needed to play an actual halfback in falls at 7 because luai and burton arenr organisers. Well that was horribly evident tonight.

We played way way to sideways. Our outside backs and edwards had absolutley no chance to do anything and it was so predictable storm had absolutley no trouble reading everytjing we threw at them.

Sure falls wouldve been thrown to the wolves but i said burton and luai womt get it done in a big game and that proved very true. You can add api and yeo. Wouldve made no difference.

I also said tago needed to be centre.... amazing that he got more involved in 40mins there than critta has all year.

But the main reason we lost was the halves. They just played way to side to side and took all time away from the backs. Wouldnt of mattered if turbo was fb.. melbs had us covered for numbers every time we went wide.

Ivan needs to take the blame. Really really poor coaching. We wouldnt of won with falls but we certainly arent going anywhere come finals time if nath is out and we roll with luai and burton.

People having a go at edwards lol. Was out on his feet from doing triple the amount of work as the other pee hearts. Staines made 5 runs for 17m in 80 mins. That will do me. Absolute embarrasment. Not even having a crack.

We have nothing without nath. Pretty simple really.. but we certainly couldve done better. Our forwards got us down their end enough. Just ivan is clueless and wont llay a halfback at halfback.

Burtons kicking game was also exeptionally poor.

Edwards 5/10. Was exhausted out there few mistakes but never stopped trying. Our attack just created no space for outside men.
Staines 1/10 17m in 80mins. Terrible.
Critta 3/10 refuses to go looking for work all help with tough carries. Good defence at times but still..needs to involve himself way more
Naden 3/10.. had a better 2nd half. Firat half shocking
R jenning 1/10. Shocking
Burtin 4/10..kicking game was rubbish. Played to sideays.
Luai 3/10 see above.
Thought all our forwards went ok tbh. They did enough to get us up the other end to score.

Api and yeo would help sure but the fact is we had terrible direction which was always going to be the case without nathan and a recognised 7.
Bloody hell some of our so called supporters can't wait to lay the boot in. We have lost 3 games this year every time with a very weakend lineup. The Storm beat us today fair and square but I see NO reason we can't match them if we are at full strength or close. Don't ever pick Naden again in FG but I for one am confident we will still give this competition a BIG SHAKE!! Go Panthers!!

Kilkenny

Coach
My biggest frustration was the arsey tries, ones that generally get shut down if the defence is engaged and alert.
Take 12 points out of it, and I think that's a better reflection of the game.

Anyway, we lost by 27 and not 46 like the roosters and not 50 like the Bunnies.
There still hope when troops return, and just like us last year... Can the storm streak go forever? Unlikely.
The score line could have been so different, the luck and bounce of the ball all went there way. Obviously disappointing but I don’t think it was as bad as so many are suggesting.

Girds89

Bench
Bloody hell some of our so called supporters can't wait to lay the boot in. We have lost 3 games this year every time with a very weakend lineup. The Storm beat us today fair and square but I see NO reason we can't match them if we are at full strength or close. Don't ever pick Naden again in FG but I for one am confident we will still give this competition a BIG SHAKE!! Go Panthers!!

Not laying the boot in at all. Was just a pretty honest assessment of the performance.

Some players didnt even have a crack tonight.

Other than that was poor coaching. We were never going to win without nathan but the burton luai combo just isnt going to work.

If we want to give the comp a shake we need to be at full strength, thats just a fact.

Munted

Bench
The score line could have been so different, the luck and bounce of the ball all went there way. Obviously disappointing but I don’t think it was as bad as so many are suggesting.
Yeah it wasn't diabolical.
The storm are just on a roll. Every bounce of the ball, every hail Mary ball, every God damn thing lands in their pockets but they put themselves in the position to reap the benefit when the opportunity presents itself.
It's the same as us on our roll last year, yes we worked for it but f**k we were kissed on he dick with fortune.

Never happy with a loss, and a heavy one at that, but really impressed by the effort. We didn’t have much of the ball and the bounce went against us. Could have easily spiralled completely out of control, but they kept fighting and scored the last two tries.

I think that effort really sets us up nicely for the rest of the year; that is what I was hoping to see today (okay, some better execution at different points would have been better).

franklin2323

Immortal
Your mate Rob Jennings the worst

Staines gets that honor

Although not much between them

There were plenty of positives. I though despite being weakened our pack matched theirs.

The halves created 5 or 6 good chances only for the guys outside to bomb them

age.s

First Grade
Trying to find a positive.... Leota ripped in
There was quite a few. Tago handled the occasion fine. Hopgood was good too. Martin looked at home in the middle. Sorensen played well. Some of our scramble was very good.

I agree with those saying Edwards was ordinary and hasn't had the best few months. I know he's getting some heat but I still think Staines would be great at the back if given some time.

Anyway no reason to slit writs. The core of our great team was missing, we were always going to struggle. Would have liked to keep it a bit closer but its not going to be the same game in a few months if we have our troops back.

franklin2323

Immortal
Its such a shame that Nathan Cleary won't make any difference. We just have to concede that our attack and defence are both shit now and we're making up the numbers.

Right @franklin2323 ? No way Nathan improves us.

Did you miss twice Kikau hogged it with guys outside him unmarked?

What about Luai putting Burton through a gap. Only for no one to support?

Or who can forget my favourite play of the day Jennings tripping over and falling into touch with the line wide open?

We created enough chances to win just poor finishing

Do we win if Cleary alone?

Too many passengers out there