What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Girds89

Bench
There is zero chance Falls plays. If he didn't play earlier against bad teams no way he plays v Storm

Burton/Luai will be the halves

Everyone got up luai on the weekend for being crap. You think hes better than nath which is so far off the mark.

Truth is he isnt a halfback and he doesnt possess a very good long kicking game.

The best chance we have to see the best out of luai is to play him with an actual halfback.

Sure it would be a baptisim of fire for falls he has nothing to lose.

Just needs to steer the forwards round and kick. Give luai the ball when he wants it and allow him to do his thing. Luai does so well with nath because he can just chime in with an x factor play when he sees its on.

We upgraded falls to fg squad. If the club had no intention of him ever playing fg this year than a spot in the 30 should have gone to someone else.

Sure you carry guys in your 30 as development blokes but you still need to have faith to play em if injuries strike otherwise there is no point them being in the 30.

I think if we want to see the best out of luai play a proper half with him. Sure falls would be targeted in defence and it would be a tough initiation but what havewe got to lose. We are up against it this weekend.

The other benefit is it keeps our back 5 combos together that will hopefully get us to the gf.

franklin2323

Immortal
Everyone got up luai on the weekend for being crap. You think hes better than nath which is so far off the mark.

Truth is he isnt a halfback and he doesnt possess a very good long kicking game.

The best chance we have to see the best out of luai is to play him with an actual halfback.

Sure it would be a baptisim of fire for falls he has nothing to lose.

Just needs to steer the forwards round and kick. Give luai the ball when he wants it and allow him to do his thing. Luai does so well with nath because he can just chime in with an x factor play when he sees its on.

We upgraded falls to fg squad. If the club had no intention of him ever playing fg this year than a spot in the 30 should have gone to someone else. Like Taylan May he will play if needed

Sure you carry guys in your 30 as development blokes but you still need to have faith to play em if injuries strike otherwise there is no point them being in the 30.

I think if we want to see the best out of luai play a proper half with him. Sure falls would be targeted in defence and it would be a tough initiation but what havewe got to lose. We are up against it this weekend.

The other benefit is it keeps our back 5 combos together that will hopefully get us to the gf.

Where did I say he was better than Nath?

What I said was we can cover him not being in the side which we have done. Due to the fact that Burton and Luai can kick well enough to keep field position. Api doing his dumb shit things wasn't part of that thinking though

What hurts the team is we lose Burton or Luai from doing their normal role but we are winning games which is what matters.

Falls being upgraded was to save money. You need to have 30 players the plan was to do the same with a forward and instead got Pangai which hits the cap next year

I agree May shouldn't be 7 but Ivan picks a side not to lose. Rather then win games. I said I would of brought someone in for WT games. Then they'd have 5 or 6 games under their belt now and be up with the pace of the FG.

Where it will help us come finals is we have a young side. We have won without all of the senior guys at various stages everyone in the 17 has experience in other roles if needed

WestyLife

First Grade
Where did I say he was better than Nath?

What I said was we can cover him not being in the side which we have done. Due to the fact that Burton and Luai can kick well enough to keep field position. Api doing his dumb shit things wasn't part of that thinking though

What hurts the team is we lose Burton or Luai from doing their normal role but we are winning games which is what matters.

Falls being upgraded was to save money. You need to have 30 players the plan was to do the same with a forward and instead got Pangai which hits the cap next year

I agree May shouldn't be 7 but Ivan picks a side not to lose. Rather then win games. I said I would of brought someone in for WT games. Then they'd have 5 or 6 games under their belt now and be up with the pace of the FG.

Where it will help us come finals is we have a young side. We have won without all of the senior guys at various stages everyone in the 17 has experience in other roles if needed

Can't really argue. Ivan had his chance to blood someone and get them a few games to prepare for end of year and he chose not to.

Girds89

Bench
Side I would pick for this week

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Momo
To'o
Luai
Burton
Martin
Kenny
Leota
Kikau
Capewell
Sorensen

Leinu
Eisenhuth
Tago
Salmon

Burton isnt a halfback either tho and hes looked very average filling that organising role. His kicking and decision making when his taken that lead has been poor.

I agree that will probs be the team but it just wasnt worked pairing makeshift halfs with luai

franklin2323

Immortal
Hard to argue with that with the likely out's.

Looking forward to seeing Smugs response to Momo selection....

We aren't going to match the Storm's attack. No one can really but Storm don't do Kicking etc well. So we can grind out wins but can't afford to have mistakes and missed tackles Naden brings

franklin2323

Immortal
Burton isnt a halfback either tho and hes looked very average filling that organising role. His kicking and decision making when his taken that lead has been poor.

I agree that will probs be the team but it just wasnt worked pairing makeshift halfs with luai

Yes but both are rookies. Remembering Cleary had the same issues at the same stage of his career. It took him 4 years of being the playmaker to get the skill going.

If we had Yeo all game and of course Api then we wouldn't of looked so bad on the weekend. Yeo ball playing creates space out wide as often Cleary is standing at 2nd reciever which gives more space. Martin is a tryer but doesn't offer that.

Api is very smart ( on the field) I can't remember seeing him take the wrong option. As such even when he passes it is quicker service.

So need someone somewhere to do the thinking which frees up Luai to play what is infront of him. Burton can do that sure he won't look his normal self but Luai/Kikau will win us the game if they are let loose

Girds89

Bench
Tago adds x factor. Hes looked really bloody good in his limited mins in fg.

If they pick burton at 7 id love to see tago get the nod at centre over momo. He adds nothing in attack. And hes not exactly a fantastic defender...better than naden yes but hes come up with some poor reads and misses this year himself.

Wont beat storm playing it safe.

Girds89

Bench
Yes but both are rookies. Remembering Cleary had the same issues at the same stage of his career. It took him 4 years of being the playmaker to get the skill going.

If we had Yeo all game and of course Api then we wouldn't of looked so bad on the weekend. Yeo ball playing creates space out wide as often Cleary is standing at 2nd reciever which gives more space. Martin is a tryer but doesn't offer that.

Api is very smart ( on the field) I can't remember seeing him take the wrong option. As such even when he passes it is quicker service.

So need someone somewhere to do the thinking which frees up Luai to play what is infront of him. Burton can do that sure he won't look his normal self but Luai/Kikau will win us the game if they are let loose

Reserve grade train and use the same attacking and defensive structures as fg.

Its not like falls need to learn how to attack again.

Its literally the same system. Just a quicker more physical game.

What if cleary gets injured first game back? Are we just going to roll with luai burton even though it doesnt really work? We wont know how falls go unless we give the kid a chance..

All he needs to do is play the same structures he has in reserves all year cause thats what we do in fg. I certainly wouldnt expect him to kill it but itd be a more natural fit than burton and may who are stopgaps who dont play that role or wouldnt have trained it up until nath got injured.

franklin2323

Immortal
Reserve grade train and use the same attacking and defensive structures as fg.

Its not like falls need to learn how to attack again.

Its literally the same system. Just a quicker more physical game.

What if cleary gets injured first game back? Are we just going to roll with luai burton even though it doesnt really work? We wont know how falls go unless we give the kid a chance..

All he needs to do is play the same structures he has in reserves all year cause thats what we do in fg. I certainly wouldnt expect him to kill it but itd be a more natural fit than burton and may who are stopgaps who dont play that role or wouldnt have trained it up until nath got injured.

Attack isn't the issue. The other week May made 44 tackles. Cleary on debut v Storm made 38 tackles that is the side of the game. When to come in. When to hang back etc

franklin2323

Immortal
Wouldn't be the worst idea to pretty much throw this game. Play a heap of reserves and give the Storm nothing to work off for September

We are running out of games to get form. Edwards in particular has missed plenty of footy so I think you go for the win but aren't too sad with a close loss

murraymob

Coach
Nrl 360 saying spoke to Penrith Yeo was fine this morning but under the conclusion rules of today he is unlikely to play

Latest posts