What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

murraymob

Coach
With another covid breath by James Roberts admittedly it a minor one .i doubt we see the season out .the Qld government must be on the verge of shutting it down

age.s

First Grade
We're obviously underdogs with these outs, but if Melbourne play like they did against the Cows we get them relatively comfortably imo. I dont think they blow us off the park either way.

tripster

Juniors
I think the closest comparison to the quality of our team for this game is who we put on the park against Cronulla when we lost 19-18.

In that game we were missing To'o, Cleary, Capewell, Luai and Yeo. We had Api and JFH, unlike this week's game.

However, that game was probably our worst performance of the season. We struggled for metres, missing To'o was huge. We also struggled in the forwards. I think missing the start that To'o gets our sets off to means our forwards have to work much harder, which makes metres generally harder to come by for the whole team. The only thing that kept us in the game was that Cronulla dropped an enormous amount of ball and were almost as bad as we were.

We were also woeful in attack. Thankfully we have Luai this week, but it is going to be pretty much all up to him.

Realistically, I will be happy if we don't get flogged, but there is a realistic chance that without JFH and Yeo in the middle we are going to get exposed. The Broncos scored two tries up in the middle, which was largely due to the absence of Yeo.

Anything less than 24-0 will be a good result.

franklin2323

Immortal
There is no way we are the only side with injuries come finals time. We have all ours coming back atleast... This place can be so negative at time.

There are 14 other sides that would love to be in our position

We are equal 1st with 7 Origin players. The 2 major injuries will be back by Finals time. Got a very good new recruit in the side next week.

Smug Panther

First Grade
These injuries expose our real weaknesses...coaching. Some will think that's unfair based on the last 2 years but Ivan is a real middle of the pack kinda guy

franklin2323

Immortal
These injuries expose our real weaknesses...coaching. Some will think that's unfair based on the last 2 years but Ivan is a real middle of the pack kinda guy

For this game yes but many worst coaches than Ivan have won the comp.

At Full strength the side the side doesn't need coaching.

The 17 named with Api, Yeo and Pangai will beat Roosters and Dragons. Then you add Fish and Cleary. A couple of weeks later To'o

maple_69

Bench
Has there been any reports on how long May is out? I assume 4-6 weeks given it’s an MCL. Back before the finals unless Kenny or Tago have a huge month.

time for a song:

Here’s the thing, we started out bad
Cleary injured and that’s all sad…
Yeah yeah
Since we’ve been smug

Just wanna see Kikau playing like he really can, Wanna see Dylan…

Since we’ve been smug
We can breathe for the first time
We’re so moving on yeah yeah
Thanks to Nate, now we get
We get what we want!

Now turn up the volume and f**king kill the purple merkins. This pox from the south and their man-child deranged chump of a game f**king coach. Drop kick, chicken wing, crusher tackle pervert.

We are all counting on you to nail these schmucks and knife their pug ugly franchise of southern decay.

Serve thy gf Justice swift and sure brotherly uggsters.

Um ah ….good luck

Last edited:
For this game yes but many worst coaches than Ivan have won the comp.

At Full strength the side the side doesn't need coaching.

The 17 named with Api, Yeo and Pangai will beat Roosters and Dragons. Then you add Fish and Cleary. A couple of weeks later To'o
No “worse coaches” have won the comp because of the end result Franklet buddie. Makes no sense my lad.

WestyLife

First Grade
There is no way we are the only side with injuries come finals time. We have all ours coming back atleast... This place can be so negative at time.

There are 14 other sides that would love to be in our position

We are equal 1st with 7 Origin players. The 2 major injuries will be back by Finals time. Got a very good new recruit in the side next week.

People are talking about this game though not finals.

franklin2323

Immortal
People are talking about this game though not finals.
Everyone can see we will struggle this game.

If that was the case how has Origin wrecked our season? And can't win the comp without Cleary etc?

They are posts like our year is gone. when we will still finish 2 or 3. And from that who knows.

WestyLife

First Grade
Everyone can see we will struggle this game.

If that was the case how has Origin wrecked our season? And can't win the comp without Cleary etc?

They are posts like our year is gone. when we will still finish 2 or 3. And from that who knows.

Fair enough.