What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Smug Panther

First Grade
He didn't get involved enough against Broncos considering he is now an origin winning half and was the senior player out of the 6,7 and 9. And that grubber kick he took trying to ice out the game but gave away a 7 tackle set, looked a very nervous kick.

But I agree with Girds89 that he has been the best 5/8 in the competition. So he may have just been tentative with his knee after returning from injury. Hopefully he had a blinder against the Storm and plays like he was prior to Origin.
He was the same in the Eels game before getting hurt

snickers007

Juniors
I can remember him playing a bit more first receiver and defending on the right as well.

Yep spot on.

Melbourne shut down our left side very well, and Kikau/Crichton/To'o saw no early ball. Looked like Burton was struggling to feed them in a big way.

Late in the game, they switched sides.

Girds89

Bench
Cleary has claimed Edwards is super underrated and one of the best fullback at organising the line there is in the game.
Hes a huge reason our defence has been soo good. Just another thing that goes unnotticed by fans but the coaches and players pick up on.

He will quite often make a tackle at on our line in one corner and be at marker than sprint 40m to other side of field to clean up a kick or make another tackle.

Hes certainly not the most talented fb in the comp but i seriously believe he is probably the hardest working player in the comp. He just doesnt stop.

I believe he reguarly beats everyone in the team in fitness testing quite easily and really is on his own in terms of his fitness levels.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tipped against us for the first time since 2009 (I think).

Last time I did we won.

Hopefully lightning strikes twice.
Hopefully you just pick us to wins in tipping comps.

If you were putting your head earned us I suggest you probably be behind.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think Luai and Burton are going to be able to work miracles by themselves, they will need our forward pack to at least match the Storm up front. Big Nelson being out for them is a bonus I guess.

Munky

Coach
Hopefully you just pick us to wins in tipping comps.

If you were putting your head earned us I suggest you probably be behind.

I've tipped us every game for the past ten years at least.

Paid for a PS5 with my winnings from two comps last year due to it.

Would have won in 2010 as well but missed a week of tips and lost by a few points.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've tipped us every game for the past ten years at least.

Paid for a PS5 with my winnings from two comps last year due to it.

Would have won in 2010 as well but missed a week of tips and lost by a few points.
You done well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Watch how we play. Our 7/Yeo/Api get the ball to where it needs to be and the Five eight/ FB just sit on their edge. That's just the way we play. Luai isn't suppose to go drifting in field searching for the ball too much. That isn't his job.

His touches of the ball will naturally be higher because being a seven it's his job now and it's Burton's job to sit on his edge.

This is what I saying after last week's game. Burton did the same when Luai was out either in Origin or injuried. That is the team structure.

People have to expect the number 1 organiser to do that role. If Luai is picked in that then the x factor stuff won't be on show

Smug Panther

First Grade
This is what I saying after last week's game. Burton did the same when Luai was out either in Origin or injuried. That is the team structure.

People have to expect the number 1 organiser to do that role. If Luai is picked in that then the x factor stuff won't be on show
That's a pissweak excuse. Luai was balls just admit it

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m struggling to understand why you you are going down this path on the back of one game, one game back from an MCL injury. What is it you expect? I don’t get it.
2 games was the same v Parra. Just thought hed step up after coming back from origin.

Girds89

Bench
I think he will be up for this.

Best game luai has probably ever had in a panthers jersey was when he played 7 a few years back against the warriors when nath was out.

Had an absolute blinder abd scored two or three individual tries and set up others.

Hopefully he can reproduce something that special

maple_69

Bench
Wonder if Fish will head back tomorrow and try and clock his 2 weeks back in isolation to make the Dragons game. Probably not worth rushing but they might be keen.

tripster

Juniors
Is there any more specific news on how long To’o is likely to be out? Is there any prospect it will be less than 6 weeks?