What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

franklin2323

Immortal
Well its what QLD wanted to happen and it very nearly did only for V'Landys fast talking.. It could have been a split round over 2 weeks. They shut the comp down for 4 weeks last year so anything is possible. "It was never going to happen" shouldn't be in the vocabulary when Delta is concerned.

The prob with doing a split round potentially you have Parra etc sitting in their hotel rooms for 2 weeks.. depending on what the time between the games look like.

The game has never been shutdown in NSW. ACT agreed to host games. Just didn't get a plan in time.

Should of broken it across various locations to stop being at the whim of a government.

Could of had a ACT and Townsville hubs as well then you have less risk of every game

Black Diamond

Juniors
The prob with doing a split round potentially you have Parra etc sitting in their hotel rooms for 2 weeks.. depending on what the time between the games look like.

The game has never been shutdown in NSW. ACT agreed to host games. Just didn't get a plan in time.

Should of broken it across various locations to stop being at the whim of a government.

Could of had a ACT and Townsville hubs as well then you have less risk of every game
Everyone would be sitting around at some point during split rounds. They all would play 1 game in 2 weeks.

However you want to say it; the game stopped for 4 weeks last year.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, if you break if the game was spread across several locations, you may be back to ending up with only half the games played in a round and be at the whim of several state governments.

franklin2323

Immortal
Everyone would be sitting around at some point during split rounds. They all would play 1 game in 2 weeks.

However you want to say it; the game stopped for 4 weeks last year.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, if you break if the game was spread across several locations, you may be back to ending up with only half the games played in a round and be at the whim of several state governments.
The game did but the players were home when it did. You can't be paying $4m a week to sit players in hotel rooms

GongPanther

Referee
All good, we had no adverse issues with the first dose.

We were perfectly fine with getting the astra, but when the opportunity presented to get pzifer, three weeks between jabs we jumped at it. We weren’t intimidated at all by the negative media hysteria around the astra vaccine we were just more about getting fully vaccinated with only three weeks between jabs.

The way our media have conducted themselves around COvid has been sickening in my opinion. They have done so much damage in so many ways with there alarmist rhetoric. According to our media we don’t close borders we slam them shut. It’s just pathetic.
I forgot to mention that my first shot came with no issues. And you are spot on re media. I think that asking the more mind numbing question just to trip up whoever they are interviewing seems to be the norm.

It's a ratings shit fight on the networks, and their sensationalism is puerile.

Good to hear everything is all good at your end.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I forgot to mention that my first shot came with no issues. And you are spot on re media. I think that asking the more mind numbing question just to trip up whoever they are interviewing seems to be the norm.

It's a ratings shit fight on the networks, and their sensationalism is puerile.

Good to hear everything is all good at your end.
And the state grandstanding does not help either. NSW is the hub of Australia, it is a shame that the other states do not acknowledge that. I am referring to the premiers of QLD, Victoria, and Western Australia.

franklin2323

Immortal
And you can't be having blokes running around playing footy if this deadly virus gets further out of control.

they literally only left home to play or train. Got sent home with fevers... it was worse last year and zero players got it.

Just got to back the science behind the policies

Black Diamond

Juniors
they literally only left home to play or train. Got sent home with fevers... it was worse last year and zero players got it.

Just got to back the science behind the policies
I said "if it gets further out of control" and this strain is far worse than last year.