What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Can anyone recall what the score was in season 2000 against the Storm ? I know that they put at least 70 points on us - after the ‘ mouth from the South ‘ Anthony Mundine belittled them the week before the match .

Well I am fearful that if Bellamy puts in his top team then Melbourne will rack up a cricket score .

I assure you gents I take no pleasure whatsoever in saying that , however if you have something - anything that you have been putting off , then next week during game-time may be the perfect opportunity to get it done .

By the way , ensure that you have a couple of BEX powders and a glass of water nearby when you see the final score .
Your probably not wrong about what will happen on the weekend Gareth67 could be a bloodbath/embarrassing

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
From all reports, a lot of Storm’s big names (Cam Smith, Bromwich, Munster etc) are taking the game off as they’re scared the dragons will hurt them & embarrass them.

You know what they say:
images

RPG437

Juniors
This is my team for Round 20 if I was interim Coach for a week and after the crap that has been happening the past few weeks.
Simple message, go out and play hard but have fun. Play fast and eyes up footy, look for second phase and most importantly forget everything u have learnt from the past few years of Coaching whilst at the Dragons.
1). Dufty
2). Ramsay.
3). Feagai.
4). Lomax.
5). Ravalawa.
6). Sailor.
7). Sullivan.
13). Frizell.
12). Ford.
11). Fui.
10). Vaughan.
9). McInnes.
8). Blacker.
14). Kerr.
15). Lawrie.
16). Sims.
17). Hunt.
Speed everywhere in the backline (except Rava). Speed on the edges with Ford and Fui. Two massive units at prop and tell Friz to just run hard and straight.
Bring Hunt in after about 30 minutes and let him play while hopefully all the young guys rejuvenate him. Kerr and Simms to run hard and bring an offload or two. Lawrie, tell him before he runs on for his first interchange that Cameron Smith is out there saying he is a lazy player (Lawrie actually goes well when someone pisses him off).
We might not win but surely it’s entertaining footy.
I love the idea of playing ad lib and just what is in front of them. The Storm hate that style but love structured block play shit. If we play unstructured it might even drag Melb out of their highly disciplined style which will cause Bellamy to pop a valve - good viewing :joy:

Gareth67

First Grade
Your probably not wrong about what will happen on the weekend Gareth67 could be a bloodbath/embarrassing

I hope I am wrong Ghostrider22 , sincerely I do . In fact I am sure that all Dragon supporters would like to see a complete turnaround in form so as to end the season on a high .

I find it amazing just how quickly our viewpoint as to the Dragons fortunes for next season have changed in a space of a week . 7 days back we knew that our new coach Griffin would have a formidable task in front of him to make the team competitive once again . However Saturdays lackluster performance has made that task even harder for him .

It would appear that the man will not have too much talent to use to build a strong foundation for the future success of the Dragons . I wish him the best , as he will be needing it .

LINESPEED

Juniors
I saw the Storm run through the Tigers live - all I can say is WOW!!
We are light years from that standard :tired_face:

Especially as it seems to me that the more senior lads are still dummyspittin’ & sulkin’ over the loss of their cosy mateship world of Waterboy
... & then the perceived slight to their second-favourite benefactor Clone

They’re not looking forward to Griff’s ‘earn-your-keep’ world, so they’re down in the mouth & want out

McGregor in survival mode drove the wedge between senior players/journeymen & the juniors

- & to the Club’s great detriment,
so many left,
some untried,
some shunned because outspoken

Uncoached & deskilled
because of this schism

Corey’s snub & Adam’s onfield isolation are the tip of this iceberg

The juniors are apolitical & just wanna play

Next Monday will see some truths emerge

Clean ‘em out Griff

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
It will be ugly and maybe will drive a big clean out at seasons end. The players need to be held accountable and they’ve had it too easy for years now. Storm should rest a few players and well still get lapped by them.
Whether we lose by 60 or 6 in some ways doesn’t worry me, the main problem is that we need a major ‘clean out’ but the reality is we won’t be able to have one . We are locked in with many contracts and there will not necessarily be the interest of buyers to help move some of our poor performers on. Even if we can move some on, we have not attracted too many players of quality for several seasons and we cannot assume that the pool of talent on the market will be all that deep. We are currently living through the pain of having to pay overs we cannot go down that path again. Let’s face it, our road back to being a real challenger for a title in my mind will at least be 4 to 5 years.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I hope I am wrong Ghostrider22 , sincerely I do . In fact I am sure that all Dragon supporters would like to see a complete turnaround in form so as to end the season on a high .

I find it amazing just how quickly our viewpoint as to the Dragons fortunes for next season have changed in a space of a week . 7 days back we knew that our new coach Griffin would have a formidable task in front of him to make the team competitive once again . However Saturdays lackluster performance has made that task even harder for him .

It would appear that the man will not have too much talent to use to build a strong foundation for the future success of the Dragons . I wish him the best , as he will be needing it .
I reckon your right Gareth67 about next year not enough experience as we need 3 very good signings to help out the younger guys. Could be hard

Inisai Toga

Juniors
So, who will be our halves pairing this week?

Hunt - suspended.
Norman - supposedly going to be dropped.
Clune - dodgy hammy
Sailor - hasn't been seen for many weeks on our team lists.
Sullivan - rookie

Who are your halves?
Could be a good opportunity to go with Sailor at half if he’s still being thought of for 2021; I think Norman will still be the five-eighth.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If the Storm are going to rest up to 10 players then what better time for us to really blood some youngsters.

Maybe give Max a start at left centre or left wing and give Sullivan his opportunity at 7.

There's no point in playing Clune and/or Aitken if they even have the slightest injuries. However, I can see Young giving Aitken and Friz their 'farewell to the Dragons' game.

Dragon David

First Grade
If the Storm are going to rest up to 10 players then what better time for us to really blood some youngsters.

Maybe give Max a start at left centre or left wing and give Sullivan his opportunity at 7.

There's no point in playing Clune and/or Aitken if they even have the slightest injuries. However, I can see Young giving Aitken and Friz their 'farewell to the Dragons' game.
I think you might be spot on there Dragonslayer. Young will no doubt play Friz and EA as their final hurrah at the Dragons.
The game will be somewhat of an anti-climax for many guys