What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Raiders

Dragon David

First Grade
Just one silly question....
Why wasnt Rava used as a battering ram at the Raiders line during the first 20 mins of the 2nd half , when our clueless halves kept running sideways and making little impact ..??
i'll see myself out ......
No one in our coaching squad know how to set a winning game plan to suit the players we have. I don't think they know each of our players good points and bad ones.

When this was the game to win that would have enabled us to at least get to another week with the hope of winning again, nothing out of the ordinary was introduced to get us home.

Yes, we did improve because the better troops returned, but you cannot hold onto this as the chance to win. You have got to make sure you know where the oppositions weaknesses are and what our strengths are to combat them every second of the game. We are just not a team to be able to outfox the opposition with better thinking power to go with manpower.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm very curious as to why Griffin would drop Sullivan for this game.

Now blind Freddy and his dead dog can see Norman is bog average. E.g. He stifled any momentum we had last game with his deplorable mistakes and turnstile defence.

Griffin states clearly here that he has faith in Norman to get the job done and yet he doesn't really because he has rightfully punted him for the future. Meanwhile he seems to be scared of playing our future 5/8 and reportedly suiting for the substandard Mbye.

Sullivan should play. Either we know where we are going as a team or we don't.

Coming back from injury...trying to ease them into the top grade...there is 2 possible reasons....

thebigredv

First Grade
Coming back from injury...trying to ease them into the top grade...there is 2 possible reasons....

You would ease him in against the Raiders not the Rabbits if that was the case.

Maybe injury related but there's nothing stating he has been re-injured so very unlikely it's about managing that

Bad selection in my opinion. Sullivan would have known to get rav and Lomax more ball, that's for sure.

getsmarty

Immortal

Maybe injury related but there's nothing stating he has been re-injured so very unlikely it's about managing that

Bad selection in my opinion. Sullivan would have known to get rav and Lomax more ball, that's for sure.

It has got to do with managing workloads...last few weeks/months we have been decimated with injuries...lucky to even get a competitive side on the park...

thebigredv

First Grade
It has got to do with managing workloads...last few weeks/months we have been decimated with injuries...lucky to even get a competitive side on the park...

Far out you'd think you are in around the change rooms the way you sprout your pro-coach bs.

We've not had a lot of injuries compared to most teams. That's just another excuse that a weak team would make. Suspensions yes, Sullivan wasn't at the BBQ, Norman left his wallet there. Another reason he shouldn't be named again. Norman was average again, our attack woeful.

Sullivan is fit. He can handle a couple games in a row.

Ok Norman is awesome. You happy?

getsmarty

Immortal
Far out you'd think you are in around the change rooms the way you sprout your pro-coach bs.

We've not had a lot of injuries compared to most teams. That's just another excuse that a weak team would make. Suspensions yes, Sullivan wasn't at the BBQ, Norman left his wallet there. Another reason he shouldn't be named again. Norman was average again, our attack woeful.

Sullivan is fit. He can handle a couple games in a row.

Ok Norman is awesome. You happy?

We have had around 60 games total suspensions...that's according to @George Dragon .

Your comments are just rude and ill informed...People pass on info from good sources......well no more...go get your own mail...

thebigredv

First Grade
We have had around 60 games total suspensions...that's according to @George Dragon .

Your comments are just rude and ill informed...People pass on info from good sources......well no more...go get your own mail...

I'm well aware of our suspensions. What's that got to do with Sullivan's injury management?

My comments are precise in regards to Corey Norman. Go and look at the ladder, buddy. Maybe you'll get some perspective.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm well aware of our suspensions. What's that got to do with Sullivan's injury management?

My comments are precise in regards to Corey Norman. Go and look at the ladder, buddy. Maybe you'll get some perspective.

bye

Last edited:

I'm Hornby

Juniors

I'm not sure if you read my post here yesterday but I asked what Sullivan has offered in his last 2 games?

Couldn't manage a try assist or a line break assist so your assertion that he would have known to get more ball to Lomax and Ravalawa is ridiculous, he would not have even been playing on the same side of the field as them for a start!

I hope Sullivan reaches his potential but his last two showings have left a bit to be desired, no one can say with any degree of confidence he would've changed the result last night.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm not sure if you read my post here yesterday but I asked what Sullivan has offered in his last 2 games?

Couldn't manage a try assist or a line break assist so your assertion that he would have known to get more ball to Lomax and Ravalawa is ridiculous, he would not have even been playing on the same side of the field as them for a start!

I hope Sullivan reaches his potential but his last two showings have left a bit to be desired, no one can say with any degree of confidence he would've changed the result last night.

Keen to know who you think Hook plays at 5/8 next year? If it's Mbye that will just about do me.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes if we get Mbye I would say he plays 6 until either Sullivan or Amone show enough to take his place.

This is my personal opinion only and is all speculative, so who really knows?

It's a shame as there were better options earlier in the season that a more forward thinking and aspirational management could have set in place.

If Sullivan flops then maybe Bird is better than Mbye in my opinion though neither is ideal. Really harsh for anyone to be writing off Jayden with 2 games under his belt this season.

Spazer

Juniors

Needs more game time. It's hard to judge since he only had around 40% possession to work with in 2 games and with hunt being the leading playmaker he would have had limited chances. Not expecting much from him this season tbh, 2022 should paint a clearer picture.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It's a shame as there were better options earlier in the season that a more forward thinking and aspirational management could have set in place.

If Sullivan flops then maybe Bird is better than Mbye in my opinion though neither is ideal. Really harsh for anyone to be writing off Jayden with 2 games under his belt this season.
Yes I agree, they might've been operating under the hope/assumption that Sullivan would get some good game time in NSW cup and push himself in to the frame for first grade.

Unfortunately due to covid/injuries to Jayden that hasn't eventuated so now we're faced with do we either take the risk with him knowing he has played 10 games in 2 seasons or do we find someone who can do a job for next year until Sullivan shows a bit more?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Needs more game time. It's hard to judge since he only had around 40% possession to work with in 2 games and with hunt being the leading playmaker he would have had limited chances. Not expecting much from him this season tbh, 2022 should paint a clearer picture.
Yes but he has been injured a lot of the season too which again would be why he is getting phased in as opposed to thrown in.

thebigredv

First Grade

It's all about the forwards anyway.

Things were going ok even last night. We started with great gusto and I was suddenly liking footy again. Every time our forwards start to tread water any spark or shape we have with the ball is lost. In the past Dufty could occasionally give us something extra but now Sloan looks like the only one and can't get a game against Raiders? But that's another issue...

I stand by wanting to see Sullivan play every game left in the season so we can properly plan ahead.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes I agree, they might've been operating under the hope/assumption that Sullivan would get some good game time in NSW cup and push himself in to the frame for first grade.

Unfortunately due to covid/injuries to Jayden that hasn't eventuated so now we're faced with do we either take the risk with him knowing he has played 10 games in 2 seasons or do we find someone who can do a job for next year until Sullivan shows a bit more?

4 games left, nothing to lose. He didn't look amazing v Souths but surely he gets those 4 games and we can see what we are working with.

Other young blokes have done it this year. They have much better forward packs but even still, no excuses for Sul. He needs to show us what he can do if he wants that 6 jumper in '22. Going off reputation I think he won't disappoint.

Latest posts