What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. Roosters

Packy

Bench
It's not easy getting peoples heads in the right place 100% of the time. I manage a team of about 20 who are mostly self motivated and it is still a fkn task getting the best out of them daily. Imagine trying to do that with blokes that are still kids in many ways, getting paid 5-10 times the average office or factory wage creating ego.

Lafai is off... I don't know why, but I do know that Des helps players through these times with support opposed to dropping them. It works for him mostly so...

As for Perrett. Age + the same issues that keep Corey Thompson as a back up player are taking their toll. Similar to Mini at the end.. the reactions just aren't what they used to be.

I know Des won't drop them and to be honest I don't want him to. I just want them to perform to their ability.

Kasiano was great tonight. He stepped up. Lane was good and so was Klemmer and Graham.

I still think we're missing something in the ruck. Lichaa is doing great, but he still isn't taking advantage of fast play the balls. Our support play is terrible and even when players do get a chance to offload.. there isn't anyone there!

Very frustrating loss. Winning would have felt good but we didn't deserve to.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Roosters had a lot of luck. Foot out on the line, yet THEY get the dropout. That lead to extra possession which lead to a try which lead to momentum. That one incorrect call f**ked up the game. So unfair. Look, the Roosters probably deserved to win, but have only themselves to blame for letting us back in. That call was our entire season from the ref though. Start looking ahead to 2016 boys.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"That one incorrect call f**ked up the game"?

I'd submit that us conceding 22 points within as many minutes to open the game did that.

Bulldog Force

Referee
"That one incorrect call f**ked up the game"?

I'd submit that us conceding 22 points within as many minutes to open the game did that.

We are both correct. While that certainly didn't help, we scratched and clawed our way back into the game, then took the lead, and at that point that call undid all the good work we did. That one crucial call, that's pretty much what our season came down to at this point.

Think about it Tim, we get a scrum and get the ball back, rather than the chooks getting repeat sets, then the momentum on top of that. That was the turning point of the game, sadly, for us.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We were already on very tired legs. Who's to say we don't get that scrum, lose it or worse throw an intercept? Hinging our whole season over one refereeing mistake is not how it works. Fact.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The Roosters had a lot of luck. Foot out on the line, yet THEY get the dropout. That lead to extra possession which lead to a try which lead to momentum. That one incorrect call f**ked up the game. So unfair. Look, the Roosters probably deserved to win, but have only themselves to blame for letting us back in. That call was our entire season from the ref though. Start looking ahead to 2016 boys.

You might want to watch the game again. We did not score after the incorrect drop out call. In fact the Bulldogs got the ball back and had another set. We scored after Maloney gained a repeat set with an angled grubber in the centre of the field.

dice

Juniors
Is Michael Lichaa ok? There are rumours he suffered a heart-related injury in the Dylan Napa tackle.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You might want to watch the game again. We did not score after the incorrect drop out call. In fact the Bulldogs got the ball back and had another set. We scored after Maloney gained a repeat set with an angled grubber in the centre of the field.
...who got on the ascendancy from there?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
...who got on the ascendancy from there?

The Bulldogs scored 2 tries after decisions went there way, i haven't heard anything about that. At 22-0 a bomb hits Sam Perrett on the head and Hodkinson who is a metre and a half offside dived on the ball. Instead of a Roosters penalty 10 out, the Bulldogs marched down the field with a few penalties and scored. In the 39th minute the Bulldogs touched a pass which should have led to an extra 6 tackles, it wasn't called and as a result RTS kicked the ball on that same play and it went dead. He certainly wouldn't have kicked on zero tackle. The next set the Bulldogs scored.

Last edited:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Is Michael Lichaa ok? There are rumours he suffered a heart-related injury in the Dylan Napa tackle.

Not surprising given Hasler will try every underhanded tactic in the book to win a game. I am aware of a few things Hasler has done behind the scenes to know he is an unethical scumbag who deserves nothing but failure. It was my worst nightmare to hear he had a long conversation with Tony Archer near the entrance tunnel during the 20's. I had a sneaking suspicion the Bulldogs 'discipline' might amazingly improve from last week. Sure enough the refs obliged, the inconsistency in the 10 metres was a joke. We were marched back 13 metres and the Dogs 10, yet there line was consistently 1-2 metres in front. Blow outs are bad for business, especially a friday night game.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not surprising given Hasler will try every underhanded tactic in the book to win a game. I am aware of a few things Hasler has done behind the scenes to know he is an unethical scumbag who deserves nothing but failure. It was my worst nightmare to hear he had a long conversation with Tony Archer near the entrance tunnel during the 20's. I had a sneaking suspicion the Bulldogs 'discipline' might amazingly improve from last week. Sure enough the refs obliged, the inconsistency in the 10 metres was a joke. We were marched back 13 metres and the Dogs 10, yet there line was consistently 1-2 metres in front. Blow outs are bad for business, especially a friday night game.

Right, you "heard", you never saw.

Not here to stir. I will admit it amazed me that with the game still in the balance, Hasler took James Graham from the field in the final 10 minutes and left him on the bench. Considering how crucial he is to the Bulldogs in most games I was stunned it occurred. Completely mystifying that :?

Valheru

Coach
The dogs should take a lot of heart from that game. Our young forward pack inexplicably tried to hit your pack into the next millennium whilst we had the ascendency at 16-0. Prior to that you guys just didn’t look interested. Your pack more than stood up though and put you guys in a winning position. If it wasn’t for JWH going beast mode I think you guys get the win.

I give you guys a massive chance this week against the broncs.

MarkC

Juniors
Thanks Valheru, it is always good to see an intelligent post from an opposition fan.

I can admit the Roosters were the better side on the night and would have beaten most if not all sides in that form.

From a Dogs point if view, I'm happy we got close in that circumstance.

There wasn't much in the game but JWH tipped the balance at the back end.

We need to beat the Broncos this week and repeat of that form and possibly playing a bit smarter will hopefully get the job done.

The Roosters are the favorites at this stage, but come semi time one sub-par performance can ruin your season ... I'm sure Robbo is onto that..

Packy

Bench

conspiracy_theorist.jpg