What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Manly @ Penrith Stadium

choc_soldier

Coach
This is THE match. The one to get our season back on track. Not that it has gone that wonky - after all we are still in the top 4. But we need to prove that there are more than three teams that are a chance to get the chocolates on the first Sunday in October.

PANTHERS - Effort was there, but the execution once again was lacking against the Dogs. An 8-0 lead against the competition front runners was an encouraging sign. Just need to do that for 80 minutes. Still have the potential to go back to back - but the hunger and the fire in the belly just needs to return. Just seem to be a bit flat at the moment.

MANLY - Been hovering in the wooden spoon zone all year, but a good win against Canberra last week suggests that they will put up a fight, and try to maintain their proud record of never having finished last. Have quite a good team on paper, and will come into this game with a lot of confidence after last weeks win.

It's not "only Manly". Round 13 is a great reminder of that attitude.

Having Clinton and Galuvao back this week, as well as the added bonus of Puletua, will definitely be an advantage. And home on a Saturday night - we are undefeated this year with that: 2 from 2.

This could go both ways - Canberra two weeks ago, or Souths the week before. At home, it will probably be the former.

Panthers by 18.

choc_soldier

Coach
US

Rhys Wesser
Amos Roberts
Luke Lewis
Paul Whatuira
Luke Rooney
Preston Campbell
Craig Gower (c)
Joel Clinton
Luke Priddis
Martin Lang
Joe Galuvao
Tony Puletua
Trent Waterhouse

Interchange
Frank Puletua
Richard Fa'aoso
Shane Rodney
Danny Galea

them

Brett Stewart
Scott Donald
Chris Hicks
Albert Torrens
Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
Andrew Walker
Michael Monaghan (c)
Daniel Heckenberg
Chad Randall
Jason King
Anthony Watmough
Sam Harris
Steve Menzies.

Interchange
Kylie Leuluai
Luke Williamson
Solomon Haumono
Shane Dunley.

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
i dont know about anyone else but do you guys think they should drop waterhouse to the bench :?: he just doent seem to be playing as good as he can

choc_soldier

Coach
Yep, I think the 'house is more effective off the bench. The way he carved them up last year was a sight to see!

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't know. I just think everyone is a tad harsh on House this year. He's been tackling his heart out most games. Sure he makes mistakes but so does all of them.

What was the bit in the paper about Penriths penalties yesterday? My ex phoned this morning and said he kept the paper for me to read about it. Bloody hell ... it must be something to shove in my face because he can't stand Penrith due to my support of them. :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Nah, I rate the 'house. He's one of my favourite players. Always puts in 110%, even if he has hands that are sometimes cased in butter.

But he's not a lock. He's a second rower / potential prop.

mightypanther

Juniors
What was the bit in the paper about Penriths penalties yesterday?

The story said that Priddis and Waterhouse are the worst offenders for giving away penalties.

And like it or not.........the House also drops a ridiculous amount of balls.

I know that he tackles his heart out, and I know that he pops some top passes,
and he even makes a few good breaks too.............but all that can not over-ride
the fact that he hands the ball over to the opposition way too many times..........
and quite often very early in the tackle count too.

I still think he has a lot of potential.......but he sure as hell still has a LOT of work
to do as well.

I also have thought from the time I heard that Satts was being released............that
Luke Swain would be the best man for the lock position.........and then later on when
asked to name who he thought would be the best replacement for himself..............
Satts also suggested Swainy.

I was actually really shocked when Lang announced that he was going with the House.

I agree with whoever it was that said that House is at his barnstorming best when he
somes off the bench as a second rower.

But there's nothing we can do about it as John Lang seems determined to persist with
him at lock, so I can only assume that Lang's talent as a coach allows him to see
potential in House that the rest of us can't spot. I hope he's right sooner rather than
later... ;-) :lol:

Big Artie

Juniors
If Joe & Tony Play & are reasonably fit Penrith will win comfortably, PK will marry big artie & Fibro will be best man :roll:

*Sandy*

First Grade
Will this happen on Grand Final day? I won't dabble in anything illegal Art - you need a paper to separate you from the blood sucking leech! :mrgreen:

I got to finally read the paper and was wondering if someone could help direct me to where they have the stats for penalties - I would like to see where Waterhouse who has conceded 11, Lang who has conceded 10 and Roberts who has conceded 9 are standing in the complete line-up of all NRL players. Journo's tend to hype these things up a little! ;-) Priddis was the worst on a whopping 24 conceced. He needs to try and reduce that a tad. :shock:

I can work out why Waterhouse has jumped to 11 this year with being one of our main tacklers majority of gametime - I'm assuming here that this is where he tries to slow the play of the ball down - along with Priddis :?: And with the ratio of tackling he is doing this year and the amount of time he is on field I can see where this happening. I'm sure in time he will work on reducing it. What's Roberts doing to concede this amount of penalties?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah great lead with Wesser and Lewis both already crossed the line twice.

We need to keep this up in the second half though and not slacken off because Manly can make come backs and this is a must win for us.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Wesser is killing them! It only took him 3 minutes to score in the second half to claim his hatrick. Panthers now lead 36-12.

SP

Bench
54 - 12 with about 27 min left

i was gonna say bring on the 60, but stuff it

let's get 70