What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Storm

Dragon David

First Grade
A truly wonderful win ! Well done boys , and to defeat the Storm at home was an achievement in itself .

That’s the difference between Shane Flanagan and his predecessors at the Dragons - the man knows how to get into the psyche of his players .

The win certainly gives the Big Red V supporters hope for the future and who knows if we are able to sign a couple of true quality players then the team will become a far more formidable proposition to our opponents .

Once again well done to every player! 😇
I'd really love it Gareth if Flanno can land at least one external very fast back. We have several juniors coming through that are fast so one or two of those could be in the mix in a year or two.

Speed is essential. Sloan has it and I can see us utilising him just that little bit more in the games ahead. Got to have Lomax supporting Sloan when Burton kicks those really high balls next week. Sloan on his own could be vulnerable so Lomax can take them if possible.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'd really love it Gareth if Flanno can land at least one external very fast back. We have several juniors coming through that are fast so one or two of those could be in the mix in a year or two.

Speed is essential. Sloan has it and I can see us utilising him just that little bit more in the games ahead. Got to have Lomax supporting Sloan when Burton kicks those really high balls next week. Sloan on his own could be vulnerable so Lomax can take them if possible.
Yes DD the Dragons require a class replacement for Lomax , preferably of a similar age and ability although the cupboard is looking a bit bare , still I am sure that someone will be secured for next season .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I thought Hunt excelled when 2nd or third receiver with some space.

Hope he soon learns that his running game is his best attribute and can play accordingly with young Flanno.
I agree Hunts biggest fault is his lack of running the ball to the defensive line.....sadly he's not going to change at this stage of his career...but we can only hope it's more of the same tonight

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree Hunts biggest fault is his lack of running the ball to the defensive line.....sadly he's not going to change at this stage of his career...but we can only hope it's more of the same tonight
I have a feeling that Ryan Carr will be working on Hunt's running game for the remaining games BSE. If he can do say even 50% more of the running, our attack will improve greatly which will result in wins for us.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Just logged in haven’t read a comment yet but here’s my thoughts

- Atkins and bunker were fair and correct on just about every call
- De Belin coming off the bench is the best way to use him for the team
- Responsibility for attack was shared and Hunt thrived on just being special which is what he can do if he has the freedom
- Forwards can hold up their heads, they held if not won their battle against the premiership leaders. Special mention to Suli,De Belin and even Lawrie didn’t let us down.
- Sloan showed character and finally unleashed his speed again. brave under the high ball.
- Lomax is a great player when he is on.

And holding that line up to 16 points, fair and square, has to be the most heroic performance by our boys in years. What a great win! I now beleive, for the first time in a while.

BLM01

First Grade
Wake up and take your hand off your dick you've already blown your load so best you mop up and go back and do a bit of reading.

Maybe an apology might even be forthcoming but I won't count on it.
How about i call pot kettle black. I already did that and retracted my statement and changed my comment if you chose also like I should of to read historic comments getting caught in the moment
Now you get your hand off yours you cranky puss and its about time
Its taken you 12 months to make a positive comment for some reason.

Adrenalin's starting to run out. I've watched the press conference & highlights about 6 times whilst looking for video of our victory song.

Texted son for help. He sent me a link to effing Instagram. He ended up recording the insta movie on his phone and sending me that.

I can't stop smiling. Watched it three times. I'm going to watch it a few more times then go to bed

Life is sooooo good tonight!

True_Believer

Juniors
Commentators at the 5 minute mark "The storm are on fire tonight - they are really looking in sync with the big 4 spine"
Commentators at the 30 minute mark "There's something just not quite right about the Storm attack tonight..."

Commentators after a Storm set "Gee that's big meters from the Storm!!" - Storm make 40 meters. The next set the Dragons make 50. Nothing said.

f**k I hate the commentators.

Old Timer

Coach
How about i call pot kettle black. I already did that and retracted my statement and changed my comment if you chose also like I should of to read historic comments getting caught in the moment
Now you get your hand off yours you cranky puss and its about time
It’s taken you 12 months to make a positive comment for some reason.
How about you just accept you shot your load early and let me be the judge of when I think credit is due.

BLM01

First Grade
How about you just accept you shot your load early and let me be the judge of when I think credit is due.
I thought i had, but least i can still shoot.;)
I will let you judge but you have shot others down in recent times for praising the coach finding a negative narrative to counter the praise so I think we are entitled to shoot back, especially when your words were i am not posting on here while this drug cheat is our coach until he apologises.
So what is it to be? are you in.. or out.

Latest posts