What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs. Canberra Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Don't even know what to say. Won't spend much time concerning myself with the build up to this game because there simply isn't anything positive that will come out of doing so.

I just hope we name something like...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Ben Te'o
4. Gerard Beale
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Petero Civoniceiva
16. Matt Gillett
17. Mitchell Dodds

I think Glenn's defence is too good to be wasted out in the centres and I don't want to see two backrows out there. Te'o and Gillett can swap roles with each other.

Wallace gone either through injury or just plain dropped. He was easily the worst of the two and needs to be made an example of.

Bulla too had a shocker, he doesn't seem to have any belief in himself.

Hopefully Jack Reed is a late inclusion but who knows where he's at with his injury.

00digger00

Juniors
I can smell a bit of a ambush with this game. If we play like we did last night, Raiders might put 60 on us. Other teams love putting us to the sword when they smell blood.....
I like your team Big Pete. Every time Baptiste has played for us he has showed a real hunger. Just what we need. People fighting for there spots!!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah I think Baptiste deserves an extended crack. Has been playing as well as humanly possible all year.

Would be a blow for Norths though...

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh bring on Hunt/Norman combo. They just seem to work better together and we all remember last time we witnessed this... I'll enjoy a Sunday Bronx game regardless.

IBA

Juniors
Team posted. Hoffman in for Capewell. Otherwise, the same.

Probably a bit too close to finals to have heads rolling unfortunately... Start docking their wages for mistakes or something. That defence last night was deplorable and the attack was equally as shit house. I want to believe its just a rough patch from fatigue and injury concerns but I've been left so bitterly disappointed by that loss. This is going to be a very difficult month of games for us supporters...

Would love some speed, energy and movement in our attacking line, and the same in our defence. So many flat footed runs and weak tackle attempts last night and nearly everyone on the field was guilty of it. The eels had depth and players running hard at gaps all game.

IBA

Juniors
If you don't name Wallace, you don't name Gillett, Thaiday, Petro, Norman etc either. Defence and lazy forwards were as much/more to blame than Wallace. Wallace was f**king rubbish, don't get me wrong, but it takes an entire team to play that badly.

broncos70

Juniors
If you don't name Wallace, you don't name Gillett, Thaiday, Petro, Norman etc either. Defence and lazy forwards were as much/more to blame than Wallace. Wallace was f**king rubbish, don't get me wrong, but it takes an entire team to play that badly.

Wallace has been rubbish even when our forwards are doing okay. He started the garbage yesterday when we had field position and dropped it cold then kicked the charge down kick(which was disgraceful), and then didnt kick it out when we had a penalty. If we had better replacement for the forwards I'd call for their heads too, but we don't. Hunt looked great when he was on other than the shanked kick. Line break, try assist and a sick cut out pass on a play that looked dangerous. I just don't think Hunt will stick around for another 3 yrs while Wallace plays mediocre footy and still gets picked in front of him. Hunt has great vision and is an actual playmaking halfback, not just an organiser.

IBA

Juniors
I disagree. I think Wallace has been rubbish for about the last 5 games. I think are forwards would be similar. So often there were plays taking hit ups from standing starts, literally a meter or 2 behind the line of the play. Compare that to the way the entire Parra attacking line had depth, speed and movement. It was black and white.

Wallace was shit, but there is more at play than simply that. Wallace had movement and tries things. He makes mistakes because he isn't the kind of player that can do it by himself and he is getting no support. It comes down to Wallace or Norman losing their spot to give Hunt his shot and to me, Wallace, despite some shockers, is out performing Norman all year. Norman is absent for at least 50% of games, has some f**king terrible attempts in defence, takes on the line far too much and throws some very average passes in those set plays.

If we had 2 ready to go halves replacements, I would have no issue with Wallace dropping to Q Cup to work his way back (if at all) but we only have 1 untested player who has a suspect kicking game and suspect defence. I'll take Wallace's enthusiasm and toughness, solid passing and kicking game, excellent defence (why is he constantly tackling props, what the f**k happened to our defence?) over the chance that maybe Norman will show up to play a full game one day and learn to pass it.

I really like the look of a lot of things Hunt has done and I'm wanting to give him a proper crack in the halves but the way he is being heralded, you would think he has led a team to multiple premierships. I honestly can't believe people would want to keep Norman over Wallace. His defence was atrocious last night and he was absolutely nowhere in attack save for a grubber for himself which was lucky.

diddi kong

Juniors
Wallace has been rubbish even when our forwards are doing okay. He started the garbage yesterday when we had field position and dropped it cold then kicked the charge down kick(which was disgraceful), and then didnt kick it out when we had a penalty.

not to mention that disgusting pass very early on that went straight into Mannah.

some11

Referee
Yep, no coincidence that game was the sharpest we have looked all year.

I'd be happy to tear up Wallace's contract right now.

Band On The Run

Juniors
Don't even know what to say. Won't spend much time concerning myself with the build up to this game because there simply isn't anything positive that will come out of doing so.

I just hope we name something like...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Ben Te'o
4. Gerard Beale
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Petero Civoniceiva
16. Matt Gillett
17. Mitchell Dodds

I think Glenn's defence is too good to be wasted out in the centres and I don't want to see two backrows out there. Te'o and Gillett can swap roles with each other.

Wallace gone either through injury or just plain dropped. He was easily the worst of the two and needs to be made an example of.

Bulla too had a shocker, he doesn't seem to have any belief in himself.

Hopefully Jack Reed is a late inclusion but who knows where he's at with his injury.

I don't care which 17 we put up just as long as we get the two points.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Official 17 is as follows:

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Alex Glenn
4. Ben Te'o
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Josh McGuire

14. Ben Hunt
15. Aaron Whitchurch
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Dunamis Lui

Two things I like about this side are McG at lock, and Te'o at centre. That's about all I like though. Wallace has got to be playing for his career just about every game from here on. Nobody can be that rubbish for that long and not be getting some pressure from above. There are other options and if Wallace doesn't show some dramatic improvement we should be exploring them.

If we manage to maintain a position in the eight we need that backline all fit and firing, so I'm glad Hook hasn't named Hodges returning early as was being speculated earlier in the week.

Last edited:

Chainshada

Juniors
Wait..what? Aaron Whitchurch..the guy that got hooked from the wing/centre after 1 mistake against the Eels is on the bench. Looking at the team named and their positions..we have 2 second rowers in the centres, and a centre on the bench?

I get the feeling we're going to be destroyed..Serious doubts about McGuire at lock, he misses enough tackles as is, this will only blunt his attack, and with 2 smaller men on the bench, he'll be playing a lot of minutes. Whitchurch to centre, McGuire back to front row and Glenn to Lock.

Last edited:

Leagueaddict

Juniors
What's with the Hunt/Norman sychophants and Wallace haters? I really don't favour any one player. You judge them week in week out and solely on their performances. One game which doesn't even stick out in my mind and you guys rave about the Hunt Norman combination. If it's so F****** good why did it happen in only one game? It's all about consistency and Wallace has shown that in the past and has helped us to win. His forms gone to S*** in the last 6 or so games but you know he has it in him but the guy can't do it himself. He's getting pinned a lot lately because our forwards have no go ahead. I think Hunts promising but Norman is just not in the picture at all. I'm by no means a Wallace lover but he's proven he can play well consistently and has a big work load defensively. Norman...FFS get real!

Latest posts