What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

mickeylane

Bench
Sloan
Rava
Lomax
Fuimaono
Feagai or Ramsay

Amone
Clune

Lawrie
McCulloch
Kerr
Bird
Burns
JDB

Dufty (x-factor if games tight)
Mcguire
Ford
Poasa

Dragon David

First Grade
Gee that Matt Burton from the Panthers is a goer and a good'n. The Bulldogs have a great one going there next year. He can run with speed, is strong and can kick goals. They will have him, Dufty, Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Jnr but they will also have Trent Barrett and Gus Gould the ring leader.

thebigredv

First Grade
Gee that Matt Burton from the Panthers is a goer and a good'n. The Bulldogs have a great one going there next year. He can run with speed, is strong and can kick goals. They will have him, Dufty, Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Jnr but they will also have Trent Barrett and Gus Gould the ring leader.

It's a shame he never crossed paths with Hook at Panthers or he would have probably been the first play he went after as soon as he was announced as coach last year.

What could have been. 6. Burton 7. Hunt. That would have been devastating. Anyway what was Mbye's phone number...

jeffdragon

Bench
Still dont rate Barrett as a coach.
They heed a hback.

lombard

Juniors
It's a shame he never crossed paths with Hook at Panthers or he would have probably been the first play he went after as soon as he was announced as coach last year.

What could have been. 6. Burton 7. Hunt. That would have been devastating. Anyway what was Mbye's phone number...
$450k they paid for Burton by moving early vs our $450k on Mybe. One is a match winner the other is lucky to be in first grade.

thebigredv

First Grade
$450k they paid for Burton by moving early vs our $450k on Mybe. One is a match winner the other is lucky to be in first grade.

The Molo signing is a proactive one.

The McGuire, Burgess, McCulloch, and potential Mbye signing are what I call reactive signings.

We need a better vision. Finucane would have brought so much by way of discipline. At least we made a play for him.

BLM01

First Grade
Yep as soon as Burton starts at the Dogs
A big if.. is that his form stays as is within a below average side then his manager will be requesting an upgrade or walk and break a contract which is easy these days on some grounds
No manager let’s his player stay under paid to market
Good luck Dogs holding onto him at 450 (assuming that salary is in fact correct) in a position where the better proven ones get Near or over 1 mill playing 6
Even Hynes unproven like Burton is getting 650? at Sharks

BLM01

First Grade
Back on track wouldn’t a win be nice for a change
it would help the Fri night and weekend enjoyment immensely

be55

Juniors
Spot on Dave...Burton is an absolute star in the making...if he doesn't make it to the highest levels in the game, i'm a bad judge...

You won't see many young kids start the year in Jersey Flegg, progress to Canterbury Cup and debut in 1st grade, all in the same year, like he did in 2019...

He's 21 years old , 6ft3 and 96 kg...he has speed to burn and is tremendous on his feet, and has an UNBELIEVABLE kicking game...long and short. He possesses every type of kick in the game...long booming torpedoes to deft touch to the in goal.

Some people were saying he might be a centre, but for mine, he's a running, ball playing five eighth...But really, a player like him, you could play anywhere and he'd be heavily involved.

Truly one straight out of the box.

Dragon David

First Grade
Spot on Dave...Burton is an absolute star in the making...if he doesn't make it to the highest levels in the game, i'm a bad judge...

You won't see many young kids start the year in Jersey Flegg, progress to Canterbury Cup and debut in 1st grade, all in the same year, like he did in 2019...

He's 21 years old , 6ft3 and 96 kg...he has speed to burn and is tremendous on his feet, and has an UNBELIEVABLE kicking game...long and short. He possesses every type of kick in the game...long booming torpedoes to deft touch to the in goal.

Some people were saying he might be a centre, but for mine, he's a running, ball playing five eighth...But really, a player like him, you could play anywhere and he'd be heavily involved.

Wow, they are great credentials and he would certainly be in demand and seek more $$. I am no Bulldogs supporter as they have been our nemesis for years but I am looking forward to seeing how "our" Dragons guys go there. I'm sure that Dufty and Vaughan will kill it there but it will be a sad day when we meet them next year.

Back on track though, we can only do our best against the Panthers who should have Nathan Cleary back. It will be Friday the 13th so anything could happen and as we are the Saints, luck might be on our side.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Wow, they are great credentials and he would certainly be in demand and seek more $$. I am no Bulldogs supporter as they have been our nemesis for years but I am looking forward to seeing how "our" Dragons guys go there. I'm sure that Dufty and Vaughan will kill it there but it will be a sad day when we meet them next year.

Back on track though, we can only do our best against the Panthers who should have Nathan Cleary back. It will be Friday the 13th so anything could happen and as we are the Saints, luck might be on our side.
Thinking Cleary wont be risked in such as a low profile match against us .
Too valuable to their title chances to risk against us
Lets hope anyway.........

Draginzaaar

Bench

He would make a great fullback

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Thinking Cleary wont be risked in such as a low profile match against us .
Too valuable to their title chances to risk against us
Lets hope anyway.........
I guess you will be right. As usual, we will be ok to good in the first half, might even be in the lead! After half time, well, past performance suggests we will rapidly run out of puff and the Panthers will run away with it in the last 20 minutes. Which is really annoying as my brother is a Panthers supporter and he will gloat every time I see him! In round 5 I told him I was really looking forward to round 22 and he should be prepared for a hiding. Wish I had kept my big mouth shut.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The only way we would have been able to attract Burton to our club is if we had have signed Barrett. How is it that Barrett, who really hasn't achieved much except this year the wooden spoon, can attract decent players and we go for "rejects".
It is probably the personal touch. Barrett from all accounts was a good attack coach at the Panthers and probably got on well with Burton. Easy for Burton to go with someone he knows and trusts. Not sure about the other big Bulldogs signings - money maybe. A bit like that young 15 year old Latu who has reportedly chosen the Dragons over other clubs because he likes Kyle Stanley's approach.

Latest posts