What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Sea Eagles

justadragon

Bench
For some reason we always seem to play well against the sea eagles, we have nothing to lose, so maybe give your loyal supporters something to cheer about. I also would assume that every player is on notice judging by what Flanno is doing, so get out of your comfort zone and do something, your jobs are on the line boys, it's now or never !!!

Just heard on the news that Manly have not won at WIN Stadium since 2003.
Hopefully we can rattle them a bit early and let them know about their hoodoo down in Wollongong with a bit of up in your face defence.
Another big help for the Dragons would be a high completion rate when in possession.
We completed at 73% v the Tigers last round, so if we are going to be in this game that would need to rise to around 90%.
I might be dreaming, but I think an upset could be on the cards in this game.

be55

Juniors
My gut feeling is it will be a long night for us tomorrow tonight. Forget about last week, Manly will throw a hell of a lot more at us than the Tigers did. I guarantee they’ve been honing their right edge attack all week, which has been very good for them all year. That’s where they’ll be targeting. I can see it being a long night for Amone, Burns, Suli and Feagai. Olakau’atu, and the shape they present with their right edge attack will be very hard for us to contain, especially under fatigue defending the try line.

Seibold has that right edge humming. Don’t know what happened with him at Brisbane but the guy is a known tactician, and you can see that in the structure they attack with, especially that right edge. DCE is playing great football, and the dummy half is a very underrated player.

Ladder-wise, a very important game for them if they want to make the eight, with the draw not being kind to them over the next month. Throw in DCE’s 300th game and you’ve got the perfect storm.

My heart says Dragons, but my head says Manly in a canter.

Hoping I’m way off the mark…

possm

Coach
Manly's big boppers out, might give us a chance however, they smashed the Sharks left.

If Sloan can take his opportunities this week and the forwards match theirs, it should be entertaining.
I'd be happy if Sloan takes the high balls on the full. arranges his backline in defense and defends in the last line well. Anything else would be a bonus.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Happy to hear Musgrove has replaced Bird on the bench.
Musgrove gives our bench a much needed bigger body.
Not sure what is going on with Bird.
His body looks shot to me.

Flanno sees value in Bird as a lock/middle/centre, however, he is extremely unfit atm.

Nathan Spencer hS been brought in to get the whole squad to where they should be fitness wise. This appointment is an awesome get, and he has already, along with Flanno, mwr with Bird and set a platform for him to be in the best shape come season '24.

So, I also doubt we will see Bird again, at least in First grade, this season.

Most of our squad for '24 are going to be in for a bit of a shock come pre-season in Nov.

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno sees value in Bird as a lock/middle/centre, however, he is extremely unfit atm.

Nathan Spencer hS been brought in to get the whole squad to where they should be fitness wise. This appointment is an awesome get, and he has already, along with Flanno, mwr with Bird and set a platform for him to be in the best shape come season '24.

Most of our squad for '24 are going to be in for a bit of a shock come pre-season in Nov.
It's about time our guys got better people to improve their fitness. Poor fitness has let us down in many games for a few years now. Not only will it enable each player to play longer minutes, those longer minutes will be more quality in both attack and defence to help us to defend a lead or gain the lead in matches.

I think that fatigue brings on mistakes and with it comes unwanted penalties and six agains.

All of the players in every team of the club need to be fitter and stronger. You can see what a team like the Panthers can do when the players are fit.

So as you say Dragonslayer, the players for 2024 are going to be in for a bit of a shock when pre-season goes ahead in November.

BLM01

First Grade

The toughest pre season ever.....perhaps

BLM01

First Grade
Its funny. Bellamy drops a so called "PNG international" in Olam to reggies and not a peep out of the media during the week and Johns last night said well done Bellamy and that is what it is like under him "does not matter who you are you get dropped for poor form"
We dropped Lomax for form and it was front page news, Lomax wants out and club in crisis

Latest posts