What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

SGMax

Juniors
I don't understand the love for the Bulldogs' season.
After 2+ years of serious roster upgrades they are 2 points up on the Dragons.
That is after 2 flukey golden point wins they could have easily lost and been out of the 8.
Without a win this week it could all come undone for the grubs.
Come on Dragons, get it done!

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't understand the love for the Bulldogs' season.
After 2+ years of serious roster upgrades they are 2 points up on the Dragons.
That is after 2 flukey golden point wins they could have easily lost and been out of the 8.
Without a win this week it could all come undone for the grubs.
Come on Dragons, get it done!
And both field goals were flukey rebounds off the uprights

Nich

Juniors
Looks like we have to beef up security for Saturday night. Extra costs for suburban grounds which already incur high costs.
If the game was moved to Allianz the Dragons would have netted over $1M more.
Yes I hear we are entitled to our home ground advantage but think of how many Dragons supporters you know that couldn't get a ticket. We should never never restrict tickets to our supporters.
It wasn't long ago (yes it was) during our golden era, when we had most of our games moved to the SCG. Apart from the financial benefit it allowed any impartial supporters attending from all parts on NSW to start supporting the Dragons.
If we want to be a big club we need to start acting like a big club!
We have been profitable for the last 3 years so money isnt the issue. Winning is. No issue getting a ticket if you buy season tickets or in advance. Stuff moving a game because people aren't organised. We have

Dragon David

First Grade

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I think coach of the year depends how the season finishes off.. not just this game.. there is a lot to play out yet.

Ciraldo deserves credit for the way he has that roster buying in (esp as a rookie coach), but I dont think he'd look so sharp if he had a roster like ours.
Rev I'm pretty sure gus does most of the attracting/buying

Dragons4me

Juniors
I think coach of the year depends how the season finishes off.. not just this game.. there is a lot to play out yet.

Ciraldo deserves credit for the way he has that roster buying in (esp as a rookie coach), but I dont think he'd look so sharp if he had a roster like ours.
Exactly this.
The dogs have done nothing yet. Achieved nothing. The gushing over them and calls for Ciraldo as coach of the year is laughable. How I so want us to beat them this weekend and send them back into their flea infested kennels. Obnoxious fans from a shit area of Sydney.

Harry Bath

Juniors
The team has had a habit of pulling the pants down, on a number of occasions the season, like last week, however every big game on the line, they have crumbled.
The Anzac Game and the Packed Win STD against Panthers, were games they just capitulated, games I expected a lot better, this is another game I expect a close fight, with a Ben Hunt winning field goal.
Dogs 32
Dargons 14

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Please no coach of the year awards for Ciraldo or Flanno. The man that deserves it is Ivan Cleary by a mile. Last 3 years they went to Bellamy, then Payten then Webster whilst poor Cleary who has won 3 GF's (which super coach Bennett or Bellamy have not achieved). Poor Ivan has never been crowned best coach for those seasons. Mind you each of those years, Penrith have had to let go of key players (Korosai, Kikau, Burton, Leniu, Crichton) and still won it yet Cleary is overlooked.

Cleary is not only coach of the year but coach of the last 50 years. If he gets 4 in a row that is something never seen since the Dragons got 11. With all this Storm dominance for the last 10-15 years they have not achieved it.

What Ciraldo and Flanno did this year has been fantastic but lets see what they do next season as we have seen in the past Payten and Webster did not follow up after they were crowned coach of the year yet Cleary has.