What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Bulldogs Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Argh, how did I forget this thread?

R23 vs. Bulldogs, Norman @ fullback, Hodges is back, Parker could still play, Glenn is gorne.

Chances are looking slim, but gee wouldn't a win here be something?

beads6

First Grade
I don't know why but I am feeling rather bullish about our chances. Hopefully we are competitive for 80 mins and give them a run for their money.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
geezus Pete I was just about to start this thread myself! Thought you'd given up all hope on us?

I'm an optimistic pessimist here and am hoping for a turn against the tide. We'll have to come out like a bull outtta the gate and get the first points so as to put a bit of pressure and doubt for the doggies and feed us a bit of confidence. I'd like to see our rock solid defence of old but also see us throwing the ball around and trying something new in attack with the odd well placed kick not just on the 5th and mixing things up a bit. I suppose what i'm saying is throw the old plans out the window for our attack and throw something new and unexpected at the well drilled doggies. Start enjoying our football and throw it around instead of sticking to the game plan and getting flogged. Saying all that we have to up to a point stay disciplined with completion rates and the error count but good defence and having the right boot on the day will give us a chance.

Come on Broncs give us an upset! Stay in it!

Big Pete

Referee
I honestly thought I had posted it, would never give up supporting the Broncos even if we lost a 100 games in a row.

Win, lose or draw I just hope the boys play some footy and stick it to the Dogs with and without the ball.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
love the commitment to the team Pete

I would love a win here and i think the Broncs will go close but i think dogs by 4 unfortunately. I hate tipping against my own team but i just can't see it. Unfortunately i won't be attending the game this weekend, if i didn't already have other commitments i would be going.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Unfortunately I can see this being a bit of a blow out unless the Broncos have a major attitude adjustment.

Hopefully Hoffman being dropped gives the rest of the team a kick in the arse and get's them into gear.

I'd be happy if we went down, as long as we played for 80 minutes and stuck it to the Dogs. Our last tackle options have been horrible for bloody ages. We have one of the best forward packs in the comp, and they need to lift.

renouf

Juniors
This is the best side we've fielded in 5-6 weeks, even with a couple out and Norman shifted to fullback. Don't underestimate the value of Reed and Hodges both back in the team.

Bretto

Bench
More rubbish from Wallace no doubt. I don't see anything changing here to be honest. It'll be much the same as the last 5 weeks. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I don't see it.

unbreaK

Juniors
Can't see this being a great result for us, but I'm not giving up hope, a gutsy win here against the benchmark of the competition could give us the momentum we need to make it to the playoffs and hopefully the later rounds of it.

josh1111

Juniors
This game could be just like 2006 when we played well against the Storm, even thou we got beat the boys played well and got a lot of confidence out of it. Their odds blew out to 17-1 (which I jumped on) and we all know what happened from there. If nothing else we will see what we are made of, I've got faith.

Big Pete

Referee
Better performance but still slumping even against a Dogs side that mentally took awhile to turn up.

As much as I didn't want to get my hopes up, at 14-0 I have to admit I thought this could have been the game that turned our season around.

Just knew the Norman @ fullback selection would bite us, that try to Barba was coming a mile away and it was just a matter of how Corey would f**k it up.

Gillett played his worst game in first grade. Terrible, dead-set blew 5 attacking opportunities.

But yeah, some positives, liked how the forwards threw it around & that we had some support play. Just not enough on the day.

3. Ben Te'o
2. Sam Thaiday
1. Petero Civoniceiva

Bretto

Bench
I can't bring myself to watch the rest of the game. From what I've seen, our attack looks much better. Gillett dropping those balls won't happen on a different day, and our forwards played a good game. Hunt and Wallace seem to be gelling better than Norman and Wallace ever did.

Promising signs. I think we can challenge Melbourne next week.

3. Te'o
2. Hannant
1. Reed

hellteam

First Grade
Once again, Wallace loses the game for us. missed two tackles for tries and gave away at least two penalties. Even the staunchest pro Wallace supporter can surely not argue against him being dropped this time.

some11

Referee
Wont happen, he is the golden child that we put our premiership hopes on when we signed him in 2008.

Latest posts