What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Eels are going to be desperate, Broncos will want to confirm their place in the top 8 and we're all going to (hopefully) enjoy every minute of it.

Lockyer remains in doubt after sustaining a rib injury against the Cowboys and Winterstein should be back to take his spot on the wing.

Eels could be without Ben Smith and Fui Fui Moi Moi, both will be harsh losses if they're suspended for their offences by the judiciary.

renouf

Juniors
I wonder if Hodges is going to make an appearance in this game.. especially if Lockyer is out.

We may really struggle to score points if Locky doesn't play, I doubt we can beat the Eels without him.

beads6

First Grade
I reckon Hodges will return, he was pretty close to playing on Friday night. Lockyer won't play but thats ok we will still smoke the Eels.

hellteam

First Grade
Where do you reckon we'll play Hodges (if he comes back). I'd say left centre. Even though Hodges is way way more effective on the right, we'd be crazy to move Folau from right centre, he scores a try or more a game.

beads6

First Grade
I'd be happy to chuck Hodges on the wing for a few games outside Glenn on the left side.

Country Bronco

Juniors
You'd be foolish to think that hodges would play any other position other than right centre on return. Sure they might decide to ease him back by placing him on the bench, kind of what st george did with gasnier.

Broncos93

Juniors
Yeah, maybe start Glenn at center, Izzy still on the right then put Hodges on, shift Izzy to the left and Glenn to the bench/second row?

It's kind of catch 22 in regards who gets left out of right center... If we move Izzy it will upset his good form but if we push Hodges to the left it will be like getting used to a new position, when he hasn't played in like 10 months...

renouf

Juniors
We really have to win this game, the next 2 games have always been tough road trips.

AuDragon

Juniors
We absolutely have to win this game and hope the Warriors smoke the Knigths and put the final nail in their coffin, as we don't want to play that traditionally tough away game while they're on a hot run.

I think the Gold Coast defeat will have deflated the Eels and made our task a bit easier, so if Locky isn't fit, let Norman have a go to avoid disturbing the line-up as much as possible, unless Hodgo really is ready to return.

renouf

Juniors
I can't see Newcastle making the 8, that won't change their mindset, they'll still try and knock us off.

Big Pete

Referee
Likely side...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Nick Kenny
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker (c)

14. Ben Hunt
15. Matt Gillett
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Josh McGuire

18. Scott Anderson

----------------------
Only thing I would change, would be the bench. Anderson has added a lot of go forward for us and I believe it wouldn't hurt to give Dodds a run with Wynnum.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Only thing I would change, would be the bench. Anderson has added a lot of go forward for us and I believe it wouldn't hurt to give Dodds a run with Wynnum.

Yeah it would be tough to leave out Anderson given his form the last couple of weeks.

Snappy

Coach
Smith will def be out for this game with a mininum one week ban. Fui will play as he escapes punishment with an early guilty plea.

DeeJ

Bench
Smith will def be out for this game with a mininum one week ban. Fui will play as he escapes punishment with an early guilty plea.

Too bad it wasn't the other way around. Ben Smith is nothing, but Fui Fui always plays great against us. Always seems to break the line at one stage or anohter.

jdbronco

Juniors
We really have to win this game, the next 2 games have always been tough road trips.

Now with Locky our for a couple of weeks i think this game will determine if we make the 8. It has to won. In saying that i think the guys wil step up and we will win in a close one.

Latest posts