What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

hellteam

First Grade
Should be a big crowd tonight, nice day and interest in the Broncos is very high following this week

austyphoon

Juniors
Hard to watch the team without Lockyer.

Was a bad decision to put Gillett at 5/8 I think, it just didn't flow and when Norman came on he had some SHOCKERS in defence. Mateo just ripped our team apart, FFS how hard is it to tackle him around the chest???

and Wallace.....He's having a real bad year, I'm watching waiting for him to do something but it's not happening. Stupid grubber at the end which gifted another 6 points and hurts our f/a.

Will re-watch and give 3-2-1 tomorrow.

DeeJ

Bench
Frustrating game to watch. I can understand how our attack would be disjointed without Locky, but there should be no excuses for our defense. It was awful and Mateo really tore us up.

3. Parker
2. Tronc
1. Hunt

Snappy

Coach
While it was nice to entertain the idea of Gillett at 5/8th, the gamble didnt come off. In the first half we had so much pressure on their line but couldnt score. Gillett was running into our guys or over running them.
When Norman came on he couldnt get a feel for the game. If he started things may have been different.

Mateo carved us to shreds. We just couldnt tackle the guy.

Hayne. A few good touches, but my god that guy is an arogant w@anker.

renouf

Juniors
Not surprised at all, Wallace has been ordinary all season and continues to be. I just don't think he has the attacking ability that we need. In terms of winning a game, we rely on Lockyer, he may not score every try or setup every try, but he does enough to make sure we win.

AuDragon

Juniors
Not surprised at all, Wallace has been ordinary all season and continues to be. I just don't think he has the attacking ability that we need. In terms of winning a game, we rely on Lockyer, he may not score every try or setup every try, but he does enough to make sure we win.
Sure, let's blame him again. He setup 2 of our 3 tries, was the only guy able to pressure the Eels with his kicking and put in his usual uncompromising defensive effort, but that is the minimum we expect from him, while we demand nothing from the rest of the team, in particular the other playmakers.
Let's ignore that all the other "playmakers" were running around like headless chickens, getting in everyone's way or running straight at the markers, and were woeful in defense. Let's even be blind to that bright idea of playing a backrower at 5/8 for 50 mins, which not only crippled our attacking organisation, but took one of our best attacking weapons out of play... Great double whammy Ivan!

Last year against the Storm in the finals, Lockyer had a backrower playing 5/8 next to him, and surprise surprise, we got hammered and Locky wasn't able to produce anything in attack. There's a reason teams play with 2 halves!

Our defense needs to be sorted out quickly, we're sliding back into old habits. Our line isn't moving up fast and is often staggered, just what the doctor asked for the likes of stayne or Mateo, who carved us up.

This Eels team is a joke and more than anything, we were the ones who helped them back in the saddle. :x

We better turn up next week, or we might struggle big time to get in the finals.

3- Parker
2- Te'o
1- Hoffman

beads6

First Grade
Oh well, we didn't show up tonight, I guess that is what happens when you have a young team. Ivan needed to start with Norman it was clear from the start that Wallace needed help. WHy we have never been capable of wrapping up the ball in tackles is beyond me. Yep Lockyer was not playing but that is not an excuse to get 30 put on you if your a premiership contender. I feel parker over plays his hand a bit and Thaiday has lost a bit of form of late.

Snappy

Coach
Our defense needs to be sorted out quickly, we're sliding back into old habits. Our line isn't moving up fast and is often staggered, just what the doctor asked for the likes of stayne or Mateo, who carved us up.

Fully agree. Our line speed was terrible. We seemed to be standing still, and all it took was a bit of footwork or an offload and they were able to break the line.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I don't think we were as bad as most people on here are making out. There wasn't many standouts assides from Parker really.

3.Parker - He was inspirational. Really stood up as captain. 22 hitups for 200m and 25 tackles, that is fantastic.
2.Josh McGuire - Loving his work ATM. He really wants to be here and he is showing it with his agressive hitups and tackles. He topped the tackle count and also made the most emtres from our front rowers.
1.Josh Hoffman - Keep it up. Great tackle on Mateo when he broke the line.

I thought Wallace played decently. But he is being torn apart by many Broncos fans (on all forums).

Big Pete

Referee
3. Corey Parker
2. Ben Te'o
1. Josh Hoffman

Definitely a bummer but a few things contributed to the loss.

Mainly our lack of structure, I thought both our hookers let us down there and they didn't keep the momentum going from dummy half and took some stupid options at times.

Thaiday's mistakes. FUUUUUU-!

Our fringe defence. Mateo could eat that up all day.

And it was really just Parra's night. Every 50/50 went their way, bounce of the ball, balls off legs etc.

But hey, it was exciting Rugby League and I definitely thought the boys tried. They just played some dumb football and were defeated by a side that can beat anyone on it's day.

Big Pete

Referee
What was everyone's reactions to Thaiday's no-try?

I think I had perhaps the most embarrassing.

I jumped out of my seat, did a Bret Lee mower yes thing screamed out woo-hoo only to hear Sterling say Thaiday had dropped it.

Then I nearly Wade McKinnon'd my room.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
But hey, it was exciting Rugby League and I definitely thought the boys tried. They just played some dumb football and were defeated by a side that can beat anyone on it's day.

It was an abysmal game. Attack and defence was very ordinary from both teams. Don't know why all of you want to buy centres and think it is great to buy Inglis when your team is guaranteed to have no direction with Lockyer gone. Should be looking for a decent half.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
What was everyone's reactions to Thaiday's no-try?

I think I had perhaps the most embarrassing.

I jumped out of my seat, did a Bret Lee mower yes thing screamed out woo-hoo only to hear Sterling say Thaiday had dropped it.

Then I nearly Wade McKinnon'd my room.

It's a chainsaw not a mower.

Big Pete

Referee
Because we have plenty of youngsters with a lot of improvement left in them.

And cheers. Don't know where I got the mower from.

screeder

Juniors
Was at the game and couldn't help but notice the refs letting Parra defend from inside the 10 and quick to blow the penalty against us.

Not saying it affected the end result but these little things potentially change games.