What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24: Broncos v Panthers

Ghoulies

Bench
Broncos
spacer.gif

Karmichael Hunt, Brent Tate, Justin Hodges, Shaun Berrigan, Leon Bott, Casey McGuire, Brett Seymour, Shane Webcke, Barry Berrigan, Petero Civoniceva, David Stagg, Brad Thorn, Tonie Carroll

Interchange: Corey Parker, Darren Smith, Dane Carlaw, Neville Costigan, Scott Minto, Sam Thaiday, Berrick Barnes, Tame Tupou

My team:

1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. S Berrigan
4. Hodges
5. Bott
20. Barnes
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. B Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Stagg
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Thaiday
15. Parker
16. McGuire
17. Costigan/Carlaw/Tupou

But there's pretty much no chance of the above happening.

renouf

Juniors
McGuire should be ruled out later in the week if all goes well.. forcing Bennett to bring Barnes into the starting side. That's the only way I can see it happening..

My team:

1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. S Berrigan
4. Hodges
5. Bott
20. Barnes
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. B Berrigan
10. Civ
11. Stagg
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Parker
16. Carlaw OR 17. Costigan
19. Thaiday
6. McGuire

McGuire has played his best footy for Brisbane off the bench and is a true utility. Barnes would step up and him and Seymour did a great job against the Raiders earlier in the year. I also think his kicking game offers more than McGuire's and they need to win to get some momentum and confidence.

D.Smith is good during origin time and he is a solid player but isn't giving us much impact off the bench, neither is Carlaw. I'd say Tupou and Minto are just there to cover injuries to Tate and McGuire. Barnes will play on the bench at least.

choc_soldier

Coach
Panthers team:

1. Brett Howland, 2. Luke Lewis, 3. Danny Galea, 4. Paul Franze, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Preston Campbell, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Ben Ross, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Shane Rodney, 13. Trent Waterhouse. Interchange: 14. Frank Puletua, 15. Matthew Cross, 16. Luke Swain, 17. Joe Galuvao, 18. Garret Crossman (one to be omitted).

Big Pete

Referee
^Thanks for the team listings.

Broncos really do need to win this one and win this one well. If Panthers play with some heart and passion Brisbane maybe in some trouble however no offence to any Panther fans reading this message they are truly lacking that quality.

If Brisbane go down this weekend I believe we can kiss our season goodbye.

According to foxsports (foxsports.com.au), McGuire believes he will start on the bench with either S Berrigan or Barnes starting at 5/8, and McGuire may give B Berrigan a rest and take over the hooking role at times during the game. However, Barnes is tipped to get the spot because of his superior kicking game and organisational skills.

Berrigans move to 5/8 would see Tate move to the centres and Minto onto the wing.

That's an awful lot of reshuffling to accomodate for the absence of just one player.

By the sounds of things, I'd tip McGuire to start at 5/8, with him moving to hooker when B Berrigan needs a rest and Barnes to come on and play 5/8. Either that, OR Barnes to start with McGuire on the bench.

Sun_Down

Juniors
We NEED to win this imo, sorry, not just win but win well, if we dont, our GF aspirations look pretty bad.

Ghoulies

Bench
Well according to Fox's pre-game show McGuire has been ruled out with injury, and Tupou will move into a reshuffled backline....

This is what I think it'll be:

1. Hunt
21. Tupou
2. Tate
3. Hodges
5. Minto
4. S Berrigan
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. B Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Stagg
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Parker
15. Smith
16. Carlaw
20. Barnes

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think this is what Bennett will go with.

Big Pete

Referee
Agreed Sun Down, a close win and we can kiss the grand final good by and a loss then we won't even make it into the Semi Final.

Big Pete

Referee
Bye Bye Semis.

Injuries are coming up and we just can't score, no excuses today Brisbane are playing very patchy football.

i know ppl like kiwi are gonna say im not a true fan or something, but after today i can officially say that the broncos are pathetic, no passion, no heart, besides a few, they just dont care! im thinking of selling my gf ticket...

Big Pete

Referee
I'll agree with you, we arn't playing like a team, it's more like a team of individuals.

Now with Webcke gone I think our season will follow suit.

I'd be extremely surpirsed to see us win another game this season.

Ghoulies

Bench
I'm trying hard to stay positive, but....

We're looking slow around the rucks, Hodges and Hunt are the only backs making an impact, our bench provides absolutely no spark(with the exception of Barnes) and our coach doesn't seem to think anything is wrong. Plus, I hear Hodges, Tate, Berrigan, Carroll and Webcke could all be out with injury and suspension.

So unless we make a huge turnaround next Friday and absolutely flog the Roosters(highly unlikely), I'll have to accept that we're once again just making up the numbers.

Striker

Juniors
It is like the side was physically prepared to handle the origin season, then as usual we fade away in the back half of the season. Hopefully we can win the next two, the parramatta game is looking very scary!

Mr Saab

Referee
brisbane have big injury problems, and will slip to 4th on the ladder and play the storm in week one.....welcome to 2004.

It's hard to see anything positive. No organisation, bench giving no impact. I mean Parker should be hitting the line at a million miles an hour, but he just ambles up and gets knocked over.

More I look the more it just seems like lack of mongrel, lack of intensity in the forwards. And lack of organisation in the backs.

Latest posts