What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Titans

It was a team effort. That is pleasing as a fan.

Bird did a great job. Been out for a while and moved in to the six. Cleaned up at crucial times. Well done.

Hunt lead from the front in attack and defence. Great game.

Could go on, but proud of the lads and f**k the ref for making me not sit down.

He made a game of it.
100%
Even my least favourite 'marquee' didn't overplay his hand!
Makes all the difference when the whole team is included.

Credit to the coach!

Feel a little sorry for Lawrie, he's Red & White through and through,, but he's not quite first grade quality now Flanno has the other forwards playing to their potential.

I think his time has gone.

BLM01

First Grade
It was a team effort. That is pleasing as a fan.

Bird did a great job. Been out for a while and moved in to the six. Cleaned up at crucial times. Well done.

Hunt lead from the front in attack and defence. Great game.

Could go on, but proud of the lads and f**k the ref for making me not sit down.

He made a game of it.
And the bunker aided as well
I have never heard a pin drop like I did after Titans first try 😎

Historically I haven't had many good words to say about Ben Hunt. A LOT of bad words, in fact. But today his kicking game was astute, he challenged the defensive line with ball in hand and put on a sublime pass for Lomax to score. It was a great half-backs game and I sincerely thank him for it.
Blocker was the only weak link. Both Couchmen, both Feagai's, Su'a, Tui, JdB, Sloany, Lomax were all immense.
After the low of last Sunday today's game has put a smile on my moosh that it's gonna take a few days to wipe off.
A huge effort, worthy of what we all think the Red V is all about.

Last edited:

Tomaraque

Juniors
I feel that we would have lost that game most times in the previous 5 years or so.

In the coming years we will become a very competitive and dangerous side to play for any team.

Regardless of the outcomes in the next 3 weeks I am grateful that our side is in the news (positively) when the whips are cracking coming into finals time.

The coach has done an amazing job with a pretty bare cupboard to start with.

More heartache for us to come, in spades at times, but 2024 is the turning of the corner.

Good to see the captain LEAD the team, delighted.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Yes, well done boys. Bloody Lawrie should never play first grade again. There was one time Blocka was passed the ball with no-one near him, he stumbles slightly and doesn't know what to do, like take the ball up hard - he just stops and surrenders. Another time, the clumsy oaf stumbles back into the Titans player playing the ball and gives away a penalty. Why does Flanno persist with him?

That wind today help us and also hindered us - with it we scored a lot, against it, we battled to gain ground. In the end the better team won, thank goodness. Credit to the Couchman twins, Hunt, Sloan, Liddle, Sua, JDB, Tui and even Bird.

Oh when the Saints....
Dave
Appreciate that he tries hard , but Once or Twice in a match he makes those Crucial errors , that you can't make in the big end of season games
Thinking we'll get confirmation of a prop signing early in the week....

dungay dragon

Juniors
Matt Fegai had the ball come off his knee, should have been a try.
JDB got sent off for what, that was a bullshit call.
one of the 6 again calls we got of them pretty quick I thought but not according to the ref.
Im so sure they didnt want us to win this game
Jack De Belin thank you for snapping Fafita in half
Daveys in the sheds counting his ribs and icing his kidneys :D :D

SAP58

Juniors
Couldn’t watch the game live but just watched it on replay. Well done boys in trying conditions, whilst I don’t want to single out individuals after a hard fought win but how good are the Couchman boys ! Flanno has brought them on perfectly this year in fact most players have improved significantly under his direction. Well done Flanno the bus has a lot more people on it in fact there is standing room only now.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Tough win.
Too close for comfort in the 2nd half at times.
For me Bird, CT.were outstanding.
CT 273 metres.
Jdb hitting Fifita was worried it was a penalty., but Kelly did the same.
We scored 5 with the breeze they only got 2.
Kudos ro the boys.
That was a pretty dumb play by DeBelin. Could have given away a crucial penalty. And with the refs these days. Who knows, he could’ve been put in the bin again

Dragon David

First Grade
Dave
Appreciate that he tries hard , but Once or Twice in a match he makes those Crucial errors , that you can't make in the big end of season games
Thinking we'll get confirmation of a prop signing early in the week....
Agreed, Dungay D. Yes, Blake tries hard and it is unfortunate that he makes some crucial errors. Just not first grade material as far as I am concerned.