What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Titans

TheRev

Coach
after watching both the couchman boys today i don't think we will see to much more of lawrie in first grade.
I keep pondering this.. firstly we have to pray that common sense prevails with JDB.. i dont think there was any contact with the head.. if there I mean maybe a pillow at the end.. hate that he got 10mins for that... thats more than enough punishment already.

but even if JDB is all good.. who is the guy who plays instead of Lawrie? Next year its an easy choice, im sure we will sign 1 or 2.. but hes not gonna play Tuivatake/Fifita for the sake of it.. hes gonna keep lawrie in the shop window I suspect.. its him or MMolo or RFM, but I dont think any of those 3 are particularly better or worse than eachother.. my main complain with Lawrie is he seems like a magnet for 6agains or penalties at the worst times.

Ultimately its 2 from 3 from here.. its almost sudden death given how hard its been to beat the sharks, and the eels and raiders are very capable sides on their day...... even with the win today.. its not a time for stuffing around..

I keep pondering this.. firstly we have to pray that common sense prevails with JDB.. i dont think there was any contact with the head.. if there I mean maybe a pillow at the end.. hate that he got 10mins for that... thats more than enough punishment already.

but even if JDB is all good.. who is the guy who plays instead of Lawrie? Next year its an easy choice, im sure we will sign 1 or 2.. but hes not gonna play Tuivatake/Fifita for the sake of it.. hes gonna keep lawrie in the shop window I suspect.. its him or MMolo or RFM, but I dont think any of those 3 are particularly better or worse than eachother.. my main complain with Lawrie is he seems like a magnet for 6agains or penalties at the worst times.

Ultimately its 2 from 3 from here.. its almost sudden death given how hard its been to beat the sharks, and the eels and raiders are very capable sides on their day...... even with the win today.. its not a time for stuffing around..
Left field, but Rava in the forwards??

Walpole

Juniors
Great win and big effort to hold on during a tense 2nd half. I thought Sloan had one of his best games and the Couchmen were great (those boys are headed for bigger things!). Hunt was in everything, as was Liddle. I hope we have a solid plan for Liddle once Cook arrives, I'd hate to lose him. I assume he'll end up in the 14 but hopefully gets plenty of time in the middle, maybe covering hooker and lock.

slippery5

Juniors
Liddle again the unsung hero, ran with more purpose and more times today and backed that with almost 50 tackles.
Well I must be his only critic?
His 50 tackles were combined efforts that are an absorbing type of tackle & does not bend & hit like (for example) Mitch Kenny, it was not surprising to me his 1st attempt on the fullback was exactly that which lead to that embarring try!!!!!!!!
I hate to say he is a one show pony who only looks good with a skirt from dummy half after a quick play the ball, he does not put the markers or any part of the defence in 2 minds with his service to our attack.
But who cares, we won!!!!!
#tagD.Cook25

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
His 50 tackles were combined efforts that are an absorbing type of tackle & does not bend & hit like (for example) Mitch Kenny, it was not surprising to me his 1st attempt on the fullback was exactly that which lead to that embarring try!!!!!!!!
I hate to say he is a one show pony who only looks good with a skirt from dummy half after a quick play the ball, he does not put the markers or any part of the defence in 2 minds with his service to our attack.
#tagD.Cook25
Yes you would be one if his few critics.. he has been very good all year. Even better next year sharing the 80 mins with Cook.
We will have a constant threat from dummy half next year.

People have previously posted that the Illawarra production line had dried up as far as young forwards go.

It's going to give us two future stars in the Couchman's.

I think they'll both rep by their mid-twenties.

We should all be very excited for what their future holds...
The production line has always been tremendous

the idiots in charge of pathways have more often than not let the wrong ones go

TheRev

Coach
I guess we will find out next year.. im looking forward to seeing both of them playing reduced minutes and being fresher.. though have to give liddle credit he was running all game.

The only criticism was his tackle miss in the first set that led to the try.. Flanno said he couldnt believe it, theyd watched that play 15 times in video.. their fullback is a gun.. what a pleasurable problem to have for Hasler..

But as a team we defended that moment.. rly proud of the boys today.

LenyB

Juniors
#tagD.Cook25
A big pfft. So bad.

justadragon

Bench
Great win by the team today, I was even impressed with Bird whom I didn't expect much from. To the letter of the T Flanno does know best. The couchies should never be out of the team again. As was said in the PC , the Dragons are now in a position to play finals in quite a while, its up to the players now to ensure that happens. I would classify this win as a professional win by a well drilled side and that is something I thought was a long way off last year. Finals or no finals we have improved immensely and we will be way better next year,,,,,,,,go the Dragons !!!