What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Titans

denis preston

First Grade
Big ups also to Christian Tuipulotu. Yeah he's probably the slowest winger in the game but he was an absolute beast taking the ball out of trouble for us yesterday. He seemed to get at least 10 metres with every run - even when the rest of the team were struggling to get more than 5 - carrying defenders with him as he did so. He was fantastic in that tough second half for us
Didn’t he get MOTM ?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Credit where it's due- I was more impressed with the Dragons second half defensive resilience than the first half attacking points fest. Also, I felt the ref put the whistle away and the Titans became the perfect team in the second half- eg six agains for us just disappeared.

I've been a critic of Max Feagai but today he showed me skills, particularly in the air, that I'd never seen before. Where have they been Max? Those two acrobatic second half catches of his nearly led to some promising second phase play. Maybe Lomax's aerobatics are rubbing off on him. Max outplayed his brother- also a first- imo- so good on him. He doesn't have the speed, step, evasiveness or sheer tackle busting strength to be a top notch NRL centre but, at 6 foot one inch and with those aerial skills and with some off season sprint training, wing may be an option for him outside Holmes next year. Certainly, he was safe, hardworking and reliable when in the trenches in the second half.

The Couchmen are a pleasant dilemma for Flanno- middles or edges?

But I saw enough to be convinced that both should be in the team-one starting- one off the bench. A constant presence throughout the game.

All up building nicely for 2025- there may be a few WIN/Netstrata sellouts if the Dragons marketing team manage to get their act together.

Victoire

Juniors
I've been a critic of Max Feagai but today he showed me skills, particularly in the air, that I'd never seen before. Where have they been Max? Those two acrobatic second half catches of his nearly led to some promising second phase play. Maybe Lomax's aerobatics are rubbing off on him. Max outplayed his brother- also a first- imo- so good on him. He doesn't have the speed, step, evasiveness or sheer tackle busting strength to be a top notch NRL centre but, at 6 foot one inch and with those aerial skills and with some off season sprint training, wing may be an option for him outside Holmes next year. Certainly, he was safe, hardworking and reliable when in the trenches in the second half.
Great minds, mate. You and I were sharing the same thought bubble. I was picturing Feagai as a very feasible Lomax replacement. He's roughly the same size, I reckon their speed would also be roughly similar, and Feagai demonstrated decent aerial and catching talent. The great thing about Lomax this season and what sets him apart, is his consistent effort and competitiveness. He chases every ball, gets himself into position to catch every bomb and genuinely believes he's going to win the contest. This is very much a mindset thing - something that simply wasn't there when Griffin was coach. Lomax flicked the switch when Hook got dumped. Perhaps we can flick the switch with Feagai

since77

Juniors
One other little thing I noticed and forgot to comment on is that Flanno had to balls to put debutant LKT out into the action while the game was still on the line. Under previous coaches in a close game the poor guy would have collected splinters on the bench and wouldn't have got any game time. And probably dropped the following week.....
So kudos to Flanno for not only picking the young fella but having the guts to get him out on the field at a critical time in the match.

Dragon David

First Grade
One other little thing I noticed and forgot to comment on is that Flanno had to balls to put debutant LKT out into the action while the game was still on the line. Under previous coaches in a close game the poor guy would have collected splinters on the bench and wouldn't have got any game time. And probably dropped the following week.....
So kudos to Flanno for not only picking the young fella but having the guts to get him out on the field at a critical time in the match.
My thoughts as well since 77. As the time was ticking away and the Titans had plenty of possession and I was waiting for our defence to crack (thank the Lord they were resilient), I thought will Flanno bring on LKT with things "in the balance"? Sure enough he did which must have taken guts and a lot of faith in the youngster.