What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Well, let's see if last week's improvement was worth something and if the boys can build. Up against the Storm, it'll be bloody tough but hey you never know your luck in the NRL.

This is the team I'd like to see named tomorrow...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Peter Wallace
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Mitchell Dodds

If not Parker...putt Dodds into the second row with Gibb on the bench.

Bretto

Bench
Wallace will be named #7 again. Norman will get dropped to the bench. Gillett will start. Te'o, after probably his best game of the season last week, will be benched.

I thought Norman added a real option in backline movements last week. Replacing him with Hoffman is a big mistake, IMO. Opposition sides know Hoffman can't do anything with the ball.

I'd like your team named, Pete, with the exception of Hoffman, but I don't see it happening.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I'd like to see

1. Beale
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Dodds
16. Civoniceva
17. Gillett

We all know that will never happen....Wallace will be 7, they'll never bench Petero and Hoffman will play fullback. But hey, I can wish!

unbreaK

Juniors
Try something new -

1. Beale
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Whitchurch
6. McCullough
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Baptiste
10. Civoniceva
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. T'eo
16. Dodds
17. Norman

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
McGuire simply must start. He is playing out of his skin at the moment, and it was clear as day that he was wasted on the bench against the dogs.

What is the word on Parker? A few here are naming him in their preferred line up, but I was under the impression that his injury had him in doubt for the rest of the season. Surely it couldn't go from that to missing only one game right?

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
Guess we'll see how this goes :/

McG must be under an injury cloud or something, there's no way they'd leave him out of the 17 on form, hopefully Parker can return a week early as well, we're gonna need anyone we can get to beat the Storm.

Bretto

Bench
Lui and Capewell I don't really see adding anything to our bench. Lui misses a lot of tackles, and doesn't offer much in attack, and I can't understand the Capewell selection? Hoffman might make an okay winger.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Another injury in McG. We have had some pretty shit luck with injuries this year. Only decision I'm disappointed with in that lineup is Wallace is STILL there.

some11

Referee
Gillett starting again :lol:

He's so out of form he deserves to be dropped along with Wallace.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I'm surprised to see McGuire out, does anybody know what his injury is?

I'm actually glad to see Hoffman on the wing, he can come in for some runs to give the forward a rest, and Norman is a much better runner/ball player. Hoffman is really good at letting a good attacking play fizzle out.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Not a bad lineup. A little disappointed to see Gillett still starting but if he turns up and remembers to use his shoulder when tackling not just his arms he could have a really good game.

Snappy

Coach
Interesting with Hoffman on the wing. I think Hoffman is better defensive fullback, but Norman offers a bit more in attack from the back.

Snappy

Coach
I think in the two games Norman has played fullback, he has offered more vision in attack than Hoffman has shown, and with our team struggling to score points changing things up and trying something different is a good idea.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Didn't Norman debut at fullback and made a couple of try saving tackles?

On the Broncos site it says McGuire has an eye injury...not good news considering what he's already been through.

Latest posts