What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

beads6

First Grade
If we play like we are now, we'll be out in straight sets.

Not so sure about that. We stayed with the Storm and the Dogs. We only need a few things to do our way and we could have won both games. McGuire and Glenn coming back in would help.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I think if we make the finals we could suprise a few. The team played alright last night and they played ok against the dogs as well for parts of the game so you can see the form is starting to come back and will continue to improve with players returning from injury.

Snappy

Coach
I supported the Broncos since the first time I set my eyes on Rugby League. Probably before you were even born. The piss poor effort that has been put in by a team of such wealth and class is just unbelievable. With all the marvellous talent which has been scouted by this team we should have dominated the table taking the minor premiership consistently for the last two decades. Thanks to a shitfight of a management that was riddled with pathetic power struggles and the coaches poor use of players we are about to drop out of the top 8 and not even make the finals. This for a club of Broncos stature, is an absoluste abomination.

Before I was born ? Dont think so buddy. If the Broncos were playing the first time you saw League, than Im older than you thanks.

Simple fact is that Broncos are a successful club, but even we cant be the top team all of the time. It doesnt work like that. You have to take the bad with the good, but it seems some of you lot cant cope with a rough patch.

I bet you were also ragging out the team in 2010, but then riding the wave last year to the prelims pretending you had never lost hope.

Sure be critical of the team and disappointed in the poor performances, but dont carrying on like a whinging little bitch about how they make you sick because they lost a few games. Grow up.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Much improved performance from the team. For the first time in a long time, we actually looked coherent in attack. Nothing flashy of course, but at least players knowing what other players are doing, and having a few bodies in motion, choosing right options etc. It was good enough to create enough opportunities to win the game. We don't have the talent for long range tries, so we have to take all our opportunities inside the opposition 20 (we had a two man overlap with the line wide open once, I have no idea how we managed to not score the try).

There is no doubt that Norman at fullback has contributed to this better attack, but I don't think that's the sole reason.

The defence was better, at least more resolve. Still not dominating the tackles though. Our 4-5 guys trying to tackle Cam Cam, that was so embarrassing.

Even thought that game could have gone either way, it's easy to see that the Storm are the better team. They have more options in attack. Can seem to attack right, then left, then right with apparent ease. They actually move up off the defensive line in when defending, and there tackling is more solid. And they are masters at getting players on their backs just as the ref calls held.

3. Teo
2. Hodges
1. Norman

Sorry to break it to you guys, with our current cattle, I think that's the best we can possibly do in a game. That's not entirely true, McGuire and Glenn would have helped, but you get what I mean...

First things first, Baptiste must come in for Capewell. He is just a wasted man on the bench.

Second thing, Hoffman is seriously close to spending the rest of the season with Redcliffe.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Another strong performance and most players on the improve. Norman looks suited to fullback. Didn't even notice Hoffman till 10 - 15mins in. Hunt still up and down but more experience hopefully tighten his game up. Not a completely happy night for Mc Cullough either but overall we're improvong each week so look forward to the next couple of games.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
3 T'eo
2 Reed
1 Hodges

Even though Hodges tried his heart out couple of costly mistakes especially when he didn't pass on a couple of cases one a certain try i think to Beale?

00digger00

Juniors
At the start of the year I said I would be happy to make the finals, for our first year without DL. While I got my hopes up mid season when we were going good, I think I'll go back to being content with making the finals and building for life after dazza.

Bretto

Bench
Would of been an easy win if we had Glenn & McGuire, our 2 best players this year.

>_<

Dunno about easy win, but particularly Glenn would have added that class we lacked in the dying stages of the game, and given us another attacking weapon on the left hand side. We were going right to Te'o and Hodges a lot, which is fine because it was working, but having another option with Glenn On the left is going to be crucial come finals, if we indeed make it.

At the start of the year I said I would be happy to make the finals, for our first year without DL. While I got my hopes up mid season when we were going good, I think I'll go back to being content with making the finals and building for life after dazza.

Have to agree with this. I think after our really good start to the season, it gave us all an unrealistic expectation of the team. After Origin, injuries etc, it's really brought us back down to earth in a way, and I think just making the top 8 will be a great achievement for such a young team without Lockyer. Hopefully Hunt gets given a full pre season at either Half or 5/8. I think he's the most natural play maker we have at the club currently. I think he can be a good player, and Norman at Fullback I like long term too. Copley back to the wing, Yow Yeh or Maranta the other wing. Not sure on Halfback. Wallace isn't great, but if he leaves the play making to Hunt, Wallace can just concentrate on a good long kicking game and his defensive game.

Latest posts