What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Fangs

Coach
This forum will become genuinely unreadable if we ever become actually bad. It's pretty damn close right now.

Check our Four Corners and you'll change your mind.

I've been to the wretched recesses of the world wide web and Iv'e never seen it as bad as LU off topic.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The intent wasn't on the middle today. We were challenging the edges on the 1st set of the game.

Yeo was in two minds. Our spine is at 50% so he probably felt he had to pick up the slack. Nothing wrong with a hard charge and quick ptb and he can be brilliant at that due to his size.

Today didn't come down to that anyway. It was our game until Luai's pass.

Ivan hinted at that. Missed Kenny too. Thought Sommerton filled in well.

Fangs

Coach
Ivan hinted at that. Missed Kenny too. Thought Sommerton filled in well.

I don't know about the gameplan but it didn't appear to be middle earth domination. They can save it for a couple weeks from now. Wherever we end up I want our pack drawing swords. Get Moses Leota watching some Errol Flynn classics I'm sure that will fire him up.

Hope they are giving you decent drugs in the hospo. After tonight I'd make it double.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't know about the gameplan but it didn't appear to be middle earth domination. They can save it for a couple weeks from now. Wherever we end up I want our pack drawing swords. Get Moses Leota watching some Errol Flynn classics I'm sure that will fire him up.

Hope they are giving you decent drugs in the hospo. After tonight I'd make it double.

Yep, I'm getting some mighty fine 'stuff'.

Except for that intercept pass Penrith win today. It's not all doom and gloom.

Yeo was brilliant. Luai will learn from that pass. It was Canberra's grand final today. We are playing finals. Canberra probably not.

Onto next week.

Fangs

Coach
Yep, I'm getting some mighty fine 'stuff'.

Except for that intercept pass Penrith win today. It's not all doom and gloom.

Yeo was brilliant. Luai will learn from that pass. It was Canberra's grand final today. We are playing finals. Canberra probably not.

Onto next week.

Just refuse the scopolamine we can't have you giving away team secrets.

Frankus

Juniors
My thoughts - Canberra looked more dangerous with the ball where it mattered. We looked pedestrian for most of the game - plenty of field position to put points on yet we rarely looked likely. Too much side to side and no one straightening the attack. Luai never really took the game by the scruff of the neck. Schneider just isn’t the player we need if we aren’t dominating the middle. Our kicking game was poor.

Edwards is not the same player as 2-4 months ago. Probably due to injury/fitness or both.
Laurie is our most dangerous ball runner and whilst he did alright on the wing, it’s just not his position. Poor drop from him trying to make a classic catch that wasn’t necessary. Poor miss leading to Hopoate’s try. Should have scored the first no try. I can see the dilemma for Ivan.
Need early ball to get to our centres instead of opting for our edge forwards stifling the attack constantly.

We just aren’t icing opportunities like we should. Not easy to just turn it on when it matters.

Could very well be 4th at the conclusion of this weekend. Another loss sees us outside the 4 and proper f**ked.

Not prepared to write them off just yet but it looks to be below what we have come to expect from this side. But if we had a season like this 6 or more years ago we’d all be cheering.

Latest posts