What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

"Trust the process" isn't an attempt to shut down discussion, it's a counterpoint to "that was putrid" within the discussion.

Anyway let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We can gloat about how well the coaching staff have timed their run on October 7th.
This. ‘Trust the process’ is an attempt to contextualise a performance.

WestyLife

First Grade
Cronk will bring it up if the Matt Johns podcast is on this week. He loves that kind of thing, especially with Nath being involved. He talks like he is underwater sometimes, but his analysis is usually excellent and outside the usual shit the talking heads bar up over.

I always forget to watch it.

We did finish second at the end of the regular season which given all the well documented issues over the year was a decent accomplishment in itself. I think I would be around a 6.5.

That's definitely reasonable. Pretty great to get 2nd playing at a 6 all year.

Pomoz

Bench
The trust the process line was just a throw away to describe the constant shutting down of negativity without offering any other context. Not something I have noticed either of you do that I recall. I get some of the negative shit gets boring, but imo when it comes out it's with a decent reason, as annoying as the repetition may be. The shutting down is just as annoying. Just my opinion on it.
If I disagree with them I like to respond to negative comments with facts if possible (not everything can be answered with analysis). Although sometimes, to be fair, negative points can be spot on. I mean Leota has been very average this year. His stats show it, the eye test shows it. On Friday you could be forgiven to thinking we had signed a new player, he was so much better. He looked like the player that destroyed the Eels forward for breakfast and then the Kangaroos forwards for lunch.

No point in a Forum if you shut down negative comments, might as well call it "Panthers Cheerleaders Discussion Group". Doesn't work for me, I look rubbish in a leotard with pom poms.

WestyLife

First Grade
If I disagree with them I like to respond to negative comments with facts if possible (not everything can be answered with analysis). Although sometimes, to be fair, negative points can be spot on. I mean Leota has been very average this year. His stats show it, the eye test shows it. On Friday you could be forgiven to thinking we had signed a new player, he was so much better. He looked like the player that destroyed the Eels forward for breakfast and then the Kangaroos forwards for lunch.

No point in a Forum if you shut down negative comments, might as well call it "Panthers Cheerleaders Discussion Group". Doesn't work for me, I look rubbish in a leotard with pom poms.

You tend to do a good job of it and bring either facts or at least an opinion based on genuine observations.

Iamback

Coach

I love when someone comes back with figures. Easier to base a discussion around something then just I forgot to drink the cool aid that week

soc123_au

Staff member

Yeah, to be fair a lot of the more positive ones like yourself do offer well thought out counters. I enjoy reading both sides.