What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Cowboys - Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Official lineup:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ben Te'o
16. Alex Glenn
17. Ashton Sims
18. Josh McGuire
19. Joel Clinton

IMO this is our strongest lineup for the year.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Don't know if it would be a good idea to play Folau out of position on his first game back.

Anyhow, I incorrectly predicted the last 2 games, so maybe it is a bad thing that I think we can win this.
Depending on how much energy was burned in the game against the Dragons, and how well the Cowboys play (obviously).

Country Bronco

Juniors
Don't know if it would be a good idea to play Folau out of position on his first game back.

Anyhow, I incorrectly predicted the last 2 games, so maybe it is a bad thing that I think we can win this.
Depending on how much energy was burned in the game against the Dragons, and how well the Cowboys play (obviously).

You'd better tip the cowboys!! In fact from now on always tip against broncos for the rest of your life ... Its the only way we keep on winning.

Dazzat

First Grade
How many times does it happen? A team, who falls out of finals contention, with nothing to lose, pulls out a big performance ...

The Cowboys are in that position, so I'm not over confident. The saving grace is that Bowen is in doubt.

Pistol

Coach

Folau has played a heap of games at centre. why would he be out of position?

user_nat

Coach
Folau has played a heap of games at centre. why would he be out of position?

I think there was discussion here at one point about him (and Hodges) only being able to play right centre. Might be wrong though.

Pistol

Coach
I think there was discussion here at one point about him (and Hodges) only being able to play right centre. Might be wrong though.

I can see the logic there. They form a damaging combo.

but Folau isnt cheap. The club have shelled out a lot of money for him and the wage he is on is a bit inflated for a winger. Yow yeh and winterstein are doing ok at the moment. throw him in the centres and see how he goes

salivor

First Grade
I agree put Folau at centre. Ultimately he's just a waste of cap space if we're going to continue to play him as a winger outside Hodges. He's got to make the transition to left centre eventually so throw him in the deep end as neither Winterstein or Yow Yeh deserved to be dropped.

Dazzat

First Grade
With Hayne's success at fullback, Henjak must be seriously considering putting Hodges at fullback next year. I'd prefer him at centre, but I Folou won't be the same player on the left side of the field. He'll still be exceptional, but we want maximum value for money.

userlogin

Juniors
Would love to see Folau and Glenn in the centres next year and Hodges at fullback.

Hodgo will play a lot more games if he is put back there with less defence to do!!

DO IT HENJACK! DO IT!

user_nat

Coach
Would love to see Folau and Glenn in the centres next year and Hodges at fullback.

Hodgo will play a lot more games if he is put back there with less defence to do!!

DO IT HENJACK! DO IT!

Hodges defending in the centre is almost his most valuable attribute there.

userlogin

Juniors
Israel is just as capable at right centre. Hodges played his best football at fullback in 2006 and look what happened to the broncos that year.

Talanexor

Juniors
Hahaha, you can't beat that logic...

How many premierships have the Broncos won since Hodges moved back to centre?

You guys should win this one easily - have you even SEEN our backline? Ty Williams, Michael Bani, Willie Tonga, Ash Graham, Shannon Hegarty. Even the Sharks have more size and speed in their backline. I'd love to see kids with the potential of Winterstein, Glenn and Yow Yeh coming through our juniors...

Having said that, our forwards should roll over the top of yours.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Hahaha, you can't beat that logic...

How many premierships have the Broncos won since Hodges moved back to centre?

You guys should win this one easily - have you even SEEN our backline? Ty Williams, Michael Bani, Willie Tonga, Ash Graham, Shannon Hegarty. Even the Sharks have more size and speed in their backline. I'd love to see kids with the potential of Winterstein, Glenn and Yow Yeh coming through our juniors...

Having said that, our forwards should roll over the top of yours.

Oh - I must be wrong. Hodges to fullback - crawl back under your rock :roll: How many games did Hodges play at fullback in '06? How many has he played at fullback since his return to Brisbane?

Justin Hodges played little at fullback in 2006 and was correctly named at centre in the Big League Team of the Year partnering Mark Gasnier (the same can be said for both in 2007 as well).

Hoges is a world class centre. He plays his best football there.

We are not going to weaken a strength area if only to bolster another that we can cover with other players who will do the job and do it well.

userlogin

Juniors
I love how passionate some of you guys get. won't mention names :roll:.

Just wanted to bring up Winterstein's kick returns in the last couple of weeks! looks pretty confident and starting to run back pretty hard!

Latest posts