What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Cowboys - Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
A lot of comparisons can be drawn between Hodges and Hayne ... both instinctive players who know when to inject themselves. Both very confident in their ability.

Hodges would succeed at fullback ... no doubt.

But making a decision to play him there simply to fit in Folou isn't the best reason. No player is bigger than the team, so if Folou needs to play left centre, then he should start slotting in there for the good of the team.

Talanexor

Juniors
This is getting funnier by the minute. I make a tongue-in-cheek comment about Hodges going alright at fullback and someone blows up about it.

Even BETTER, I name the Cowboys backline:

1. Ty Williams
2. Michael Bani
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty

And all you want to do is debate whether Hodges should move to fullback to accomodate Folau in the centres?

Man, I don't know how you cope with all these dramas in the backline, you guys have it tough....

Country Bronco

Juniors
This is getting funnier by the minute. I make a tongue-in-cheek comment about Hodges going alright at fullback and someone blows up about it.

1. Ty Williams
2. Michael Bani
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty

And all you want to do is debate whether Hodges should move to fullback to accomodate Folau in the centres?

Man, I don't know how you cope with all these dramas in the backline, you guys have it tough....

I'll tell ya that we're struggling !!!!! You're the kind of spin doctor/ realist that we need to employ at this forum to keep our heads in check.

user_nat

Coach

1. Ty Williams
2. Michael Bani
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty

7. Thurston

Seems better now.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I love how passionate some of you guys get. won't mention names :roll:.

Just wanted to bring up Winterstein's kick returns in the last couple of weeks! looks pretty confident and starting to run back pretty hard!

So which former member are you?

As opposed to passionate fans, what should we be?

user_nat

Coach
NRL.com said:
Prop Joel Clinton was also passed fit but, unfortunately for him, Henjak wasn't willing to tamper with his forward rotation to bring him back from injury.

"He's fit, we've got the luxury of having just about everyone on deck now - it's disappointing someone had to miss out," said Henjak.

"Joel's done quite well this year, but the boys who have done the job the last three weeks have done extremely well too ... it's a good position we're in."

I find it odd that his not playing Clinton when 2 of the players on the bench didn't even get played last week.

userlogin

Juniors
is anyone aloud to have any opinion or is it just broncodr01ds way or not at all. Its funny how defensive you are over nothing. Hate to see what would happen if someone did say something to you.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
is anyone aloud to have any opinion or is it just broncodr01ds way or not at all. Its funny how defensive you are over nothing. Hate to see what would happen if someone did say something to you.

That was as good as a Hodges sidestep.

Please, answer the questions I orginally posed.

Thanks.

user_nat

Coach
Controversial win in some ways.

3. Justin Hodges - once again our main source of go forward, good in defense
2. Peter Wallace - last week I was saying he looked tired, after this week he should be
1. Corey Parker - been great all year, continued tonight

So close to being in the top 3: Yow Yeh, Sam Thaiday

Lockyer definently wasn't as great tonight as he was last 2 weeks, but he was still good.
David Taylor.. was.. poor.
Israel Folau was rusty, but I guess that can be expected for the first week back on the wrong side of the field.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
No idea how that ended up being a double post (in different minutes)

Last edited:

userlogin

Juniors
broncodr01d (nerd) are you for real? what does that even mean? I take it ur a pensioner because that is a discount call merkin

Have you even played league?

Good to see another solid game from yow yeh..

3 Hodgo
2 Thaiday
1 Kenny

Thought Hunt and Lockyer were off tonight! Think we should have a big game next week for 5 straight!

Jizmizm

Juniors
Hoges is a world class centre. He plays his best football there.

We are not going to weaken a strength area if only to bolster another that we can cover with other players who will do the job and do it well.

Dont you reckon you could cover the centres?
As an eels supporting Hodges to fullback and Glenn to centres would be threatening, better than anyone ive seen fill in for fullback for you guys. When cutie is gone anyway..

Hodges with free roam would be dangerous.

3 hodges
2 thaiday
1 yippie yow yeh

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Yow Yeh
2. Parker
1. Teo

Yow Yeh won us the game, with his intercept try and saving a try by leaping to diffuse a kick. Can't understand why Wallace has been given points...

We got beaten in the forwards tonight. Its a worry that Kenny is our #1 forward at the club, he got smashed about again. I'd be looking to get Clinton back ASAP and move Taylor to back row full time, I mean he plays there anyway. Sims and Taylor were a bit off, but I believe that they marked up on Taylor heavily tonight. Glenn made good impact off the bench.

Overall a scrappy win, but a win is a win :D. Folau had a bit of a shocker but its to be expected really after such a long time off. Unfortunately he eats up quite a bit of the salary cap so we really need him to fire, pretty much all the time...

Big Pete

Referee
3. Sam Thaiday
2. Justin Hodges
1. Lagi Setu

Honorable Mentions to Te'o, Yow Yeh, Sims, Kenny and Parker.

Messy performance but I'm not going to read too much into it being the game was held in Dairy Farmers. Bring on the Raiders next week! Time for some revenge.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Patchy win to say the least. Despite our dominance we failed to convert this into points as we've done in previous weeks. Sure, the cowboys had read the manual on us and were desperate to win but at least our defence held and we got the much needed two competition points.

3 Yow Yeh. Great try. The intercept under pressure, the speed to burn and the skill to turn JT inside out. It was a quality finish. Awesome all night in both attack and defence and kick chase.

2 Parker. Defended well as most of their attack was directed to his side of the field. I felt he was also strong with his hitups.

1 Kenny. Safe as a house either when defending or making a hitup. Pulled of another bellringer. Sims should learn how to carry the ball off him.

Honourable mentions to Wallace, Hunt, Thaiday, Lockyer, Taylor and Teo.

The Raiders next week. Last home game will not miss being there. Forget about whatever happened a few weeks back. We're playing for a higher position in the eight and we need to keep our heads screwed on. One game at a time.

Latest posts