What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Manly Discussion + Voting

lockyno1

Post Whore
Honestly what does Griffin see in Blunt Hunt, at least Wallace had 1 or 2 good kicks. What does Hunt offer exactly besides dropping the ball and passing to no one.

Hunt is not great but he is 100 times better than Wallace who is slow, ordinary and useless as a first grade halfback!

AceAv

Juniors
It's pretty depressing watching a team you love that has basically given up. Just had no enthusiasm.. It was like they were all waiting for the guy next to them to so something.

Manly's go foward was incredible and we just had no intention on smashing them back. It's always the case too when they try to pin them, and the ref gives a penalty.

It's been a pretty quick season and if they don't prove something to us next week, it will be an even longer pre-season. All the suggestions with our halves are legitimate. But we're just not a team without lockyer for both captaincy and play making..

Hard to pin down where it all went wrong looking back, so many little things adding up.

renouf

Juniors
I don't know why anyone is surprised by the way we're playing. The coach seems to base his entire game around the forwards, its no wonder our attack is useless. It wasn't much better last year, it just happened Lockyer was there to put plays on.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I don't know why anyone is surprised by the way we're playing. The coach seems to base his entire game around the forwards, its no wonder our attack is useless. It wasn't much better last year, it just happened Lockyer was there to put plays on.

I agree. It's a real shame then that we're getting trampled in that department too!

ThePearl

Juniors

Well said. Nice name too :)

Jason Simmons

Juniors
When was our coach replaced by Comical Ali? We're in pretty good form according to Griffin...

How is that form being demonstrated? Good attacking options taken? Good fifth tackle options? Stout goal line defence? Plenty of go forward and leadership on the park from our captain?

Or maybe just enthusiasm from the playing group? I saw 14 enthusiastic players starting last night and unfortunately only one of them was wearing gold. (Hodges).

Very disappointing.

Big Pete

Referee
Did they though?

They flogged the Raiders and all but defeated Manly at Suncorp until they exposed us out-wide.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Pete I think your being a bit overly generous there but whatever the answer is I hope we stick with the one combination and work with it until it starts to gel. This swaping and changing positions especially for a youngish side doesn't build confidence and self belief.

Big Pete

Referee
No doubt.

It's just obvious that Wallace just doesn't have the answers. Why it took Hunt so long to get a look in is beyond me.

broncos70

Juniors
Pete I think your being a bit overly generous there but whatever the answer is I hope we stick with the one combination and work with it until it starts to gel. This swaping and changing positions especially for a youngish side doesn't build confidence and self belief.

Why's he being generous? Hunt is the best halfback at the club and norman is the best 5/8. them two together killed manly and canberra earlier in the year and showed sooo much potential in attack. Hunt isnt a 5/8, he's an unbelievable first receiver. I hate the one side each crap our halves have done all yr. Should be hunt first receiver then norman second receiver no matter what side we're on.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
I believe it's worth a shot and they haven't failed together, let alone miserably.

OK failed miserably might have been a bit strong. Guess I'm still pissed with last nights no show but there have been occasions where they haven't play well together. At least they have youth and a lot of potential on their side. Anyway WTF would I know...I'm still a junior even if i am on the wrong side of 50!;-)

renouf

Juniors
It's worth a shot, Hunt is still young and could develop into a better player if he was in the side week in week out and wasn't playing at hooker. Wallace on the other hand has had years to improve his game and I can't see how he will ever get any better.

AceAv

Juniors
Exactly renouf. Wal has had years to step up at no. 7 and he has only been 7/10 on his best day. Most times I would give him 5.5 or 6 (extra pts for effort). But I am gagging to see him take on utility bench title and hunt norman combo. The Canberra and manly games were the only games I look back on and think "wow we really had that top tier form then"

I'm actually ready to blame griff.. He is in denial clearly with the definition of form. And his player selection this year has pissed me off. I haven't seen anything like the Bennett game plans. But I know the bronx as a whole are rebuilding.. And I'm ever confident that 90s domination will be back. I'm just glad I still have 60 yrs left to wait for it.

In the meanwhile, we as qlders can stand tall knowing we are making history with every year...

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Okay here is my side this week barring injury
1 Beale
2 Whitchurch
3 Hodges
4 Reed
5 Hoffman (just)
6 Norman
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 Macs