What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - vs Roosters 1st Sept (Final Game of 2018) TEAM LIST

Kornstar

Coach
Hayne at Fullback.

Look, I'm basing this on absolutely nothing but I get the feeling that this is Hayne's last game of Rugby League.

Seriously, would Fiji really take a risk on him for the WC? It failed for the 7’s, does he have more chance in the longer version of the game?

It’s just a question is all and it wouldn’t surprise me either but it just seems odd to me.

Noise

Coach
I’m pretty sure there’s a couple of things.

Firstly a few weeks ago there was the same situation as last week with us, i can’t remember the team but there was a similar move where they started a player that was named on the bench in place of the rookie and the commentators specifically called this rule out. The NRL made the club play that player ahead of the rookie, he was then interchanged at some point.

Secondly the clubs can request to play the rookie instead and it is up to the opposition to agree that you can play the rookie........do you think in the wooden spoon battle last week that the Cowboys were gonna let the better player in Mahoney start? Criticise BA all you want but sometimes he is hamstrung by the ridiculous NRL rules, especially this top 30 garbage where you can’t replace season ending injuries.......

The first scenario i believe also relates to the second scenario where there needs to be permission.

It appears the NRL does not set any rules for actually naming your team but have rules for the final named team.

I said in a previous post ‘If king doesn’t play’ so we will have to wait and see on saturday.

I don’t know why the roosters would agree to it. This game could determine the minor premiership and/or a home final in week 1. A lot more riding on this game than last vs second last.

Captain BF

Juniors
Seriously, would Fiji really take a risk on him for the WC? It failed for the 7’s, does he have more chance in the longer version of the game?

It’s just a question is all and it wouldn’t surprise me either but it just seems odd to me.
Yeah I doubt Fiji will take him but with the success that Radradra has been, at worst I can see French Rugby offering Hayne more money than we should/could offer.
Personally, I'm hoping Hayne stays with us next year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Parramatta Eels side
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Bevan French
3. Michael Jennings
4. Clint Gutherson (c)
5. George Jennings
6. Corey Norman
7. Mitch Moses
8. Siosaia Vave
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Tim Mannah (c)
11. Marata Niukore
12. Brad Takairangi
13. Tepai Moeroa
Interchange
14. Jaeman Salmon
15. Kane Evans
16. David Gower
17. Oregon Kaufusi
18. Ray Stone
19. Cameron King
20. Josh Hoffman
21. Greg Leleisiuao

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/08/28/eels-v-roosters-team-list/
I like the look of that font.

JokerEel

Coach
Parramatta Eels side
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Bevan French
3. Michael Jennings
4. Clint Gutherson (c)
5. George Jennings
6. Corey Norman
7. Mitch Moses

Looks almost like our starting backs for the 2019 season... Apart from that Ferguson guy I guess...

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne at Fullback.

Look, I'm basing this on absolutely nothing but I get the feeling that this is Hayne's last game of Rugby League.

I'd say more likely Bevans with eels so coach put him in side and that meant Salmon who has really been average onto bench.

hindy111

Post Whore
And not having a go at Salmon. He is young and been thrown into bad situation but Norman is far superior 5/8 to Salmon. And Hayne is a better fullback then Norman.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It be a bit embarrassing if Bevo runs rings around Fergo all match

luckily the odds of that happening are next to zero

emjaycee

Coach
I'd say more likely Bevans with eels so coach put him in side and that meant Salmon who has really been average onto bench.
Somehow I don't think BA is sentimental enough to promote Bevan who he dropped 2 weeks ago just because it may be his last game for Parramatta.

It is more likely that he is giving French one last chance, while he can, to show that he is committed to improving himself and playing with the right attitude regardless of where he is picked to play.

BA would have seen enough of Salmon in FG over the last 4 weeks to form an opinion for 2019 so he doesn't need him in the starting 13 for the final game.

EDIT: @hindy111 did you mean Bevan's last game with Eels or that he is staying with Eels?

hindy111

Post Whore
Somehow I don't think BA is sentimental enough to promote Bevan who he dropped 2 weeks ago just because it may be his last game for Parramatta.

It is more likely that he is giving French one last chance, while he can, to show that he is committed to improving himself and playing with the right attitude regardless of where he is picked to play.

BA would have seen enough of Salmon in FG over the last 4 weeks to form an opinion for 2019 so he doesn't need him in the starting 13 for the final game.

EDIT: @hindy111 did you mean Bevan's last game with Eels or that he is staying with Eels?

Last game for eels.
I think BA would be sentimental enough in a game that means nothing.