What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 televised games

tigerstu

Juniors
Just checked on the NRL website as to what games are being played when in round 26 and what games get Channel 9 coverage etc

Panthers V Broncos
Fri 3 Sep 7:30PM
Penrith Football Stadium
Ch 9 8:30PM

Knights V Tigers
Sat 4 Sep 5:30PM
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Fox Live 5:30PM

Cowboys V Sharks
Sat 4 Sep 7:30PM
Dairy Farmers Stadium
Fox Live 7:30PM

Raiders V Souths
Sat 4 Sep 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Fox Delay 9:20PM

Warriors V Bulldogs
Sun 5 Sep 2:00PM
(12:00PM AEST)
Ericsson Stadium
Fox Live 12:00PM

Manly V Storm
Sun 5 Sep 2:30PM
Brookvale Oval
Fox Live 2:30PM

Roosters V Eels
Sun 5 Sep 3:00PM
Aussie Stadium
Ch 9 4:00PM

I am absolutley disgusted, but not at all suprised, that the 2 Channel 9 games are Penrith V Broncos and Roosters V Eels. They are all the Channel 9 glamour teams that get most of the coverge regardless of what form or position on the ladder they are. But seriously... the last round of competition before the finals and they have a game televised on Sunday which will has little or no bearing on who or what team plays in the finals. 2 games... Sharks V Cowboys and Tigers V Knights (of which I think both our finals hopes will come down to... winner taking 8th spot) that will have a huge impact on the finals do not get a go.

I know this is nothing new and have come to expect it from Channel 9... although I have been slightly impressed with a few games they have decided to show this year. They got such a big wrap last week when they programmed a Cowboys match to be televised... obviously this was someones mistake, but it was too late to reverse the decision.

Anyway... thats my opinion!!

Juniors
Roosters and the Eels...OMG!

Why did they pick this game?

To see if the Roosters win the minor premiership and the eels the wooden spoon. I know the Eels beat them a few weeks back but this game is not what i would call a top match. Surely the tigers and knights would of been a better pick (could be fight for 8th spot).

bonstonker

Juniors
looks like we will know our fate that saturday night if we make the finals.
tigers,knights,sharks,canberra and cowboys all playing.

Wrighty79

Juniors
In a way I'm glad that we're the Saturday game. It means I can drive up and smash heaps of p..s at the game and the varioous night clubs in Newy stay in the Formula 1 and not have to invite my missus!!!!

It augurs well for a tops weekend of celebrations, especially as we'll qualify for our first finals series!!!

jirskyr

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
In a way I'm glad that we're the Saturday game. It means I can drive up and smash heaps of p..s at the game and the varioous night clubs in Newy stay in the Formula 1 and not have to invite my missus!!!!

Then pop over to Maccas for brekky!

HOT028

Juniors
jirskyr said:
Wrighty79 said:

nah, pop into maccas for breakfast before going to bed :D

Wrighty79

Juniors
HOT028 said:
jirskyr said:
Wrighty79 said:

nah, pop into maccas for breakfast before going to bed :D

I hope there is a "Cafe Zip" nearby... Those Pizza Pies at the BP in Leumeah are absolute GOLD!!!

Latest posts