What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 V Manly

forby

Juniors
Rein had a semi final to play this weekend, while first grade was a bit of a dead rubber.
McGregor said he felt that last weeks game took a lot out of both Penrith and the Dragons!
Perhaps playing the team selected was just going through the motions with an eye to the semis!

OldPanther

Coach
Rein had a semi final to play this weekend, while first grade was a bit of a dead rubber.
McGregor said he felt that last weeks game took a lot out of both Penrith and the Dragons!
Perhaps playing the team selected was just going through the motions with an eye to the semis!

I hope that is the case. Last week was a hard fight.

martielang

Bench
Wallace is playing injured (and probably isn't even completely recovered from the groin injury that left him out earlier) and shouldn't have been picked for that reason when we have two viable replacements (Rein and Katoa, and Rein has big game experience).

That said, as to Wallace's form earlier in the year, in the lead up to Origin, he was pretty much a sure thing to be picked as NSW's no. 9 before injuring his groin.

I wouldn't of had him in first grade at the time he was being mentioned for origin. Probably shows how much I know though...

mxlegend99

Referee
Dragons didnt drain us. Raiders did. That was OUR grand final.

That was our best game of the season and we have been trash since.

Kilkenny

Coach
Changes need to be made otherwise Saturday nights semi final will be more of the same.

We have nothing to lose and no point in playing it safe. Surely have to pick a side that may actually match the Sea Eagles and win the game.

Some tough selections decisions have to be made for this sudden death game.

Moylan/DWZ/Whare/Blake/Mansour/Cartwright/Cleary/Peachy/CHN/Yeo/Merrin/Rein/Tamou
Bench JFH/Kikau/RCG/May or Katoa Far from perfect I know but it is sudden death footy.

Tough call needs to be made on Peter Wallace he is playing busted. Dylan Edwards is no chance of recovering in time so I didn't consider him.

I hate the Cartwright at 6 scenario but this week I figure what the heck let him off the leash and give him instructions to play what he sees and have others backing him up looking for second phase play and off loads

Karnivayne

Juniors
Cleary running the ball on the 4th is putting the team under massive pressure, he needs to get that out of his game, its been a while since we have had a half that actually runs the ball but theres a time to do it and a time to pass it on and get set for the 5th.

Tamou, he has had one good game out of 26, he doesnt get back early in the set to take a couple of hit ups, usually its the 3rd or 4th before he gets back, if it wasnt for Sauces return or Edwards starting at fullback it would have been noticed a lot more, he is a waste of cap space, Tim Browne is playing better football than him ffs.

OldPanther

Coach
Cleary running the ball on the 4th is putting the team under massive pressure, he needs to get that out of his game, its been a while since we have had a half that actually runs the ball but theres a time to do it and a time to pass it on and get set for the 5th.

Tamou, he has had one good game out of 26, he doesnt get back early in the set to take a couple of hit ups, usually its the 3rd or 4th before he gets back, if it wasnt for Sauces return or Edwards starting at fullback it would have been noticed a lot more, he is a waste of cap space, Tim Browne is playing better football than him ffs.

It hasn't gone unnoticed I assure you. Our pack has been trash.

hindy111

Post Whore
I actually reckon Panthers will fire up and win....

Away from Brookvale. Games at night.
Lussicks out
Moylan i assume in

mxlegend99

Referee
I was confident Manly had nothing. But they smashed our pack from the opening hit up and it was painfully obvious after the first set that our bench couldn't fix that.

If our back 3 cant get us on the front foot our forwards definitely aren't. Manly are a poor team and still smashed us.

If they didn't ease off when they won safely we would have dropped below Cowboys.

OldPanther

Coach
I was confident Manly had nothing. But they smashed our pack from the opening hit up and it was painfully obvious after the first set that our bench couldn't fix that.

If our back 3 cant get us on the front foot our forwards definitely aren't. Manly are a poor team and still smashed us.

If they didn't ease off when they won safely we would have dropped below Cowboys.

I don't think they dropped off as much as people are saying. I think we lifted because of the positional changes.

box57l

Juniors
Say what is happening rather than dropping shit like that on the side.
I'm just hearing he will be gone after today's "meeting", due to reasons already mentioned in this thread, attitude, rehab commitment etc. How accurate it is I guess we will find out by days end, but I heard these rumblings mid last week and so far its appears to have a lot of "substance".

Bob

Juniors
We might as well skip the final on Saturday, over on the silver tails forum they're already trying to work out who they are playing in the second week of the finals as they believe they will smash us again on Saturday night, me I don't think so, I'm thinking we are right in this, a couple of tweaks to the side and I think we can get the job done

TheFrog

Coach
We might as well skip the final on Saturday, over on the silver tails forum they're already trying to work out who they are playing in the second week of the finals as they believe they will smash us again on Saturday night,
Lets hope the Manly players feel the same way. Manly are a different side away from the insular peninsula.
I'm just hearing he will be gone after today's "meeting"
Dear oh dear. People with 12 posts claiming to have inside information about conversations that have yet to take place.....

If the worst occurs today, we won't know about it until after the team's on-field commitments are over. And which club has the $750k laying about in their salary cap just waiting for him to be released?

If Matt wants out and doesn't want to help the club of which he's captain in the finals, the club should play hardball, IMHO. Tell him to take a holiday, get completely out of the place, and we'll see him in November.

Last edited:
I'm just hearing he will be gone after today's "meeting", due to reasons already mentioned in this thread, attitude, rehab commitment etc. How accurate it is I guess we will find out by days end, but I heard these rumblings mid last week and so far its appears to have a lot of "substance".

Where's the substance?

Pomoz

Bench
To be fair Frog, the number of posts are no guarantee of credibility.

It could all be true and it just doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact I am encouraged by the fact that the club won't be a slave to superstars with big heads. You can't build a winning club with egos.

betcats

Referee
It could all be true and it just doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact I am encouraged by the fact that the club won't be a slave to superstars with big heads. You can't build a winning club with egos.

This is just cliché horseshit. You think winning teams don't have Egos? Lol f**k me dead the sharks just won with Gallen, Barba, Ennis, Fifita, Jack Bird to name some of the biggest egos in the game and they went out and signed Dugan this year. Coachs are supposed to manage players and there egos, Moylan has never had a bad word said about his attitude, work ethic or ego until this year, this is just another area Griffin is f**king clueless in.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

WRONG. He is Staying.

betcats

Referee
Has anyone worked out why super coach decided to start RCG? Chuck Whare in there as another strange decision. This guy has no idea. Our halves both ran for more metres than our starting props and lock. We get to 4th tackle and Cleary thinks its hit up time.

Latest posts