What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Souffs

Takeaways:

Effort - overall the side put in considerably more effort this week than last week.

Selections - Alamoti and Turuva played solid to good games. Alamoti especially looked threatening each time he took a run.

Defence - sure Souths are weakened but to only concede a kick try and an intercept try while holding the defensive line inside their own 20m was good to see.

Yeo - Dally M smokey, surely.

Garner - 2nd game back and it’s good to see him starting to hit his straps after a lengthy lay off.

Polish - still not there, very clunky in attack and at times trying to force one more unnecessary pass instead of taking ground and resetting. Need to fix that up and play more direct, through the middle.

Discipline - still requires work. They have a week to fix it up.

Enjoy the win Panthers fans.

MrBlack

Juniors
100%. Brad is filling his role of a backup half quite well
I thought he went well. Has a descent running game as well.

Dont get all the angst on this forum, though it does like a scapegoat. Remember when it was Mitch Kenny….

This year has a feel of a rebuilding year. Players like Smith, Henry, Alamotti, Maclean all getting descent game time and development. Good teams rebuild by bottoming out in 4th.

WestyLife

First Grade

Dont get all the angst on this forum, though it does like a scapegoat. Remember when it was Mitch Kenny….

This year has a feel of a rebuilding year. Players like Smith, Henry, Alamotti, Maclean all getting descent game time and development. Good teams rebuild by bottoming out in 4th.

Schneider is fine if he just runs and tackles and supports a little with the odd kick. Just don't expect him to be a first grade halfback.

Schneider has one big issue which I didn’t realise it was so prevalent when bigging him up earlier this year.

He sees the game really well and understands how it’s unfolding with great vision however his leg speed can’t actually transfer that vision to practicality.

Meaning sometimes play gets broken down once the ball gets to him. He completely understands and knows where the balls has to go but getting the ball to that location at times becomes an issue due to slow leg speed. His mind works way quicker than his body can.

Still very young, might need some good running coaching in the off season. Has the makings to one day be a solid coach.

hindy111

Post Whore
We want Melbourne. They got some very dodgy calls the other week. Let's push their shit in twice in the finals

Most likely finish 4th.
I reckon going to Storm isn't so bad first up however. If win you most likely won't see them or Roosters till grand final. But if lose you should take care of whoever finished 5th-8th amd then would most likely get Roosters in Sydney for preliminary. Much better then Storm down there for Preliminary. I'd want to avoid that.

Iamback

Coach
Schneider has one big issue which I didn’t realise it was so prevalent when bigging him up earlier this year.

He sees the game really well and understands how it’s unfolding with great vision however his leg speed can’t actually transfer that vision to practicality.

Meaning sometimes play gets broken down once the ball gets to him. He completely understands and knows where the balls has to go but getting the ball to that location at times becomes an issue due to slow leg speed. His mind works way quicker than his body can.

Still very young, might need some good running coaching in the off season. Has the makings to one day be a solid coach.

That is it. Maybe due to his size he makes a good lock or something long term. Getting good quality ball to those outside him doesn't happen

hindy111

Post Whore
Brad Schneider ruins our attack just by existing.

Tago looked shockingly bad yet again. Amazing his ‘run of form’ came with Cleary back. Even still it was pretty average.

McLean dropped and has shown more thsn both centres that plsyed tonight this year IMO.

Our team selections suck. Our form is the worst it has been in years. Largely because our team selections are awful. Why did Eisenhuth come in for Geyer? Why do we need 5 front rowers? Mav was actually starting to find his feet in first grade and is dropped for the ploddiest plodder that ever plodded.

We desperately need Cleary to be fit.

If everyone's fit what's your 17?

The biggest questions are

Daine Laurie ( Is he injured )
C.Mclean
Final bench spot? I assume Sorrenson comes in for Eisenhuth. Perhaps he starts but either way takes his spot.

Does Taleua stay?

hindy111

Post Whore
Imo Dane is your 14.

He can cover fullback and Edwards looks busted. He can also.cover wing and 5/8 of required.

martielang

Bench
I’m with @Fangs, Peach for Smith (assuming he’s suspended) or Toleau. Last home game against the his old club. Blokes been a great servant for the club and area and Chins breakdown would be something else.

mxlegend99

Referee
I’m with @Fangs, Peach for Smith (assuming he’s suspended) or Toleau. Last home game against the his old club. Blokes been a great servant for the club and area and Chins breakdown would be something else.
A month ago i was certain this would happen. But our form has been so poor i am not sure he will get that send off.

i hope he does though. Everything is perfect for it to be a send off game.

Iamback

Coach
If everyone's fit what's your 17?

The biggest questions are

Daine Laurie ( Is he injured )
C.Mclean
Final bench spot? I assume Sorrenson comes in for Eisenhuth. Perhaps he starts but either way takes his spot.

Does Taleua stay?

C.McLean played NSW Cup and we saw what Alamoti does with the extra power.

That backline last night is our best. Sorro on the bench for Eisenhuth is the 17

Fangs

Coach
Id rest edwards next week.

Other than him everyone else plays

Iongi in.

I think there might be others rested. The balance is tricky for next week I don't like full strength in the last match when the real test comes the week after.

Michael Matral

Juniors
This class is what we call toxic positivity. The same people you're ripping on also think they are the best team in the comp when they play to their talent level. Also getting real tired of this shit. If you want to be nothing but a cheerleader go do some dance classes and apply with Panthers to join the girls.
I've never thought of that as a viable career option until now as a 51yo with two reconstructed knees, but thank you Westy! Very helpful!