What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Souffs

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t quite understand what people don’t get.

We just aren’t at the same level of performance as we have been.

Even allowing for injury and other issues, the 2024 side just isn’t as good as the previous for seasons. No Lenui, no Chrichton and several other depth players who contributed last season. The Maysituation was a huge blow because it was felt he was going to be big for us this season.

Anyway, in my opinion our only chance is to go back to what we do best. Bring back Turuva, get Alomotiin the centres no slight on McLean, just the way it needs to be. No choice but to stick with the Laui/Schnieder halves combo until Nathan comes back, if he does.

the other three top four sides are in a far better position, playing much better, scoring points something we are struggling to do.

At the very least we need to pick our best four outside backs.

Iamback

Coach

Even allowing for injury and other issues, the 2024 side just isn’t as good as the previous for seasons. No Lenui, no Chrichton and several other depth players who contributed last season. The Maysituation was a huge blow because it was felt he was going to be big for us this season.

Anyway, in my opinion our only chance is to go back to what we do best. Bring back Turuva, get Alomotiin the centres no slight on McLean, just the way it needs to be. No choice but to stick with the Laui/Schnieder halves combo until Nathan comes back, if he does.

the other three top four sides are in a far better position, playing much better, scoring points something we are struggling to do.

So what senior guys are playing at more than 6/10?

Chins get the wins

First Grade

It's not the fact that we are at this level but why.
Some players are getting a free ride

Kilkenny

Coach
It's not the fact that we are at this level but why.
Some players are getting a free ride
It’s a collective thing, the side overall has gaps, the salary cap has caught up with us.

it’s nothing to be ashamed about we’ve been missing our best player for a large chunk of the season which doesn’t help.

Some players are on the decline in terms of performance that has become obvious too.

We need to accept reality and not get down in the gutter by silly criticism of the coach and individuals. Just need to accept perhaps we just aren’t quite good enough in 2024.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It’s a collective thing, the side overall has gaps, the salary cap has caught up with us.

it’s nothing to be ashamed about we’ve been missing our best player for a large chunk of the season which doesn’t help.

Some players are on the decline in terms of performance that has become obvious too.

We need to accept reality and not get down in the gutter by silly criticism of the coach and individuals. Just need to accept perhaps we just aren’t quite good enough in 2024.
Love your post but we still have the best squad in the comp.
This season rides and dies on Ivan.....and he's failed so far

Iamback

Coach
We don’t have the best squad in the comp.

certainly not currently we are way off the pace.

It’s nothing to do with Ivan.

Serioulsy the Storm, Roosters and Sharks are performing at a level well in excess of where we are.

How many current Origin players do both those sides have?

Those sides are playing better, Throw Sharks and Dogs in that list but on paper we are better

WestyLife

First Grade
We don’t have the best squad in the comp.

certainly not currently we are way off the pace.

It’s nothing to do with Ivan.

Serioulsy the Storm, Roosters and Sharks are performing at a level well in excess of where we are.

Panthers are the best club in the comp easily they just aren't performing like it.

Wizardman

First Grade

There is no doubt that this Panthers side is the weakest it has been in this insanely successful era.

I still see your boys right in this comp though for one main reason....your guys still very much compete for the full 80. Yes, the same weapons are not quite there in attack....but you still compete in defence and are still very willing in that area. By competing in defence, you give yourself a chance in any game of footy.

I still think the only club that can trouble you when the whips are cracking are Melbourne as they are the only other team in the comp that competes for 80 minutes....and they have more guns to take advantage than you do at the moment.

The big thing for your blokes is to get your guns as fresh and healthy as they can over the next two weeks. Your defensive systems alone are enough to beat Souths this week which should keep you in the top four. I don't see a point in playing a guy like Edwards whom is clearly hampered. Give him and every other player who is hampered every chance to be as fit as possible for week one.

Copperhead

Juniors
There is no doubt that this Panthers side is the weakest it has been in this insanely successful era.

I still see your boys right in this comp though for one main reason....your guys still very much compete for the full 80. Yes, the same weapons are not quite there in attack....but you still compete in defence and are still very willing in that area. By competing in defence, you give yourself a chance in any game of footy.

I still think the only club that can trouble you when the whips are cracking are Melbourne as they are the only other team in the comp that competes for 80 minutes....and they have more guns to take advantage than you do at the moment.

The big thing for your blokes is to get your guns as fresh and healthy as they can over the next two weeks. Your defensive systems alone are enough to beat Souths this week which should keep you in the top four. I don't see a point in playing a guy like Edwards whom is clearly hampered. Give him and every other player who is hampered every chance to be as fit as possible for week one.
I agree, but we shouldn't have rushed Edwards back. Lost both of those matches anyway, and now he's a passenger.

Wizardman

First Grade
I agree, but we shouldn't have rushed Edwards back. Lost both of those matches anyway, and now he's a passenger.
Could not agree more.....I never felt he was his usual threatening self. Im sure he'd be the type to put his hand up to play no matter what....but he needs to be saved from himself in this instance.

Latest posts